The online racing simulator
Club100 is very competitive, but some of the chassis can be a bit.... hmm... not quite straight. Mind you that was at the end of the last generation of chassis they used. They have a new fleet now which has improved the situation
Quote from SamH : You placed 28th so far.

I think you need to help yourself to a nice big plate of some perspective, frankly.

LOL you under estimate me, fyi I stopped hotlapping when my application was rejected without reason?

edit: just done 1,14.1 on my 2nd attempt , 1.13's easy but there's hardly any point in continuing is there?

edit 2: I just re read my reply from V1 & have to say that I must to apologize profusely to Jay & V1 racing for my impetousosity & somewhat sharp remarks. Somebody is obviously very clever over there & has dealt with my sort before. Now i'm off to eat some humble pie.
V1 launch
Hi all, I have been reading your posts with interest. The vast majority of your comments have more than an element of truth in them, the simple reason being the people racing cars are as diverse as you guys running in a sim. A mate of mine was one of the regular Mclaren simulator drivers, he was part of the project from the very beginning and has only recently been poached by another F1 team. They have a hole department dedicated to analysing the data that comes from the just the human aspect of the interaction, spend millions and they still don't get it right all the time. Please keep on with the discussion, eveyone has a valid view point.

I am very pleased to say that it has been the pasion for the sport that has driven V1 partners to get involved and stay with it, not the commercial possibilities, this is why we will be successful in our mission. I would like to thank all of those people that have put up with my constant pushing and moving targets.

The site will launch on the 6th of July after the GP. If everyone could join up and and start filling up the youtube / face book sections (Racingi/id) and help spread the word it would be most appreciated.

Thanks once again to all, Jay.

PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEADIATE USE

What is V1 Championship? WWW.v1championship.com
It’s a free to enter competition to find a naturally talented racing driver……..V1 Championship Limited was founded by motor racing engineer Jay Marshall. Its mission - to create a series of tests that when put together in a competition format will find the best naturally talented racing drivers.

Making the competition free to enter is giving every one the opportunity to show they have what it takes to be the next Lewis Hamilton.

How does the competition work?
The first stages of V1 are a series of tests which include driving a racing simulator* on a pc computer.
For some of the competitors a psychometric test will follow (a multiple choice questionnaire that allows us find out more about the competitors – not just if they are fast on a computer.)

Finally a select group will go forward for testing in karts and cars – this will be determined by the preceding online testing.

The first year winners will go forward for training, testing or racing.
Depending on the age, attributes and experience of the winner, he/she will enter one or more of the following championship/driver programs:
British Karts http://www.s1series.co.uk/
The Racing Steps Foundation http://www.racingsteps.co.uk/
Formula BMW http://bmw-motorsport.com/ms/en/index.html

When does it launch?
Servers go live on 6th July 2008

About V1

All the events and processes are designed to locate, fund and nurture future motor racing champions at no expense to the individuals/entrants.**
Entry to V1 will be open to all ***, not just existing motor sports fans and on 6th of July 2008 we go live on line immediately after the British GP for V1 free practice Racing. (There will be criteria that have to be met for entrants to get into the final stage of karts and cars).
To enter the V1 Championship participants must register online at www.v1championship.com and download the racing simulator (game). This software has been developed to the highest technical standard to give the closest experience possible to driving a real car, it has been used by many drivers recently including two of this years current F1 drivers.

Racing in the simulator (game) the entrants practice, qualify and race against each other online. There is no limit to the amount of time that each person can practice in the free races (there will be a maximum of 12 drivers on the track in a race).

The schedule of the V1 official qualifying sessions and races will fall in line with those of the 2008 F1 calendar when each entrant will be informed weather they have made it through from free practice. The V1 Championship online qualifying and races start an hour before and half an hour after each relative Formula 1 event. The exact times for each country are determined by the start and finish time of the local daytime television coverage of the F1. Thus:
……………….
-1 Hour. V1 1st qualifying
0 Hours. Formula 1 qualifying broadcast
+ Half an Hour. V1 2nd qualifying
………………..
-1 Hour. V1 Race 1
0 Hours. Formula 1 Race broadcast
+ Half an Hour. V1 Race 2

The Racing Simulator not only allows the contestants to race each other but also acts to feed V1 the entrants driving data. Once received V1 computers analyse and filter those results, automatically progressing the fastest and most promising drivers to the Psychometric Profiling Stage. PHYCHO-WHAT. A scientific series of questions that will give us information about the competitors, - are they competitive and committed, can they take instruction, work as a team etc. This is the final online stage.

Once an entrant has proven him/herself across all online stages they will then qualify for the real world, Physical and Psychological Stages. And finally each race driver will be studied across a range of vehicles.

It is after this journey, through online and real world tests, that V1 will be assured in its declaration of the winner. The successful candidate/s are now offered a tailored training, test and race contract with V1championship Ltd who will guide their careers to their ultimate conclusion.

Depending on the age, attributes and experience of the winner, he/she will immediately enter one or more of the following championship/driver programmes:
British Karts - http://www.s1series.co.uk/
The Racing Steps Foundation - http://www.racingsteps.co.uk/index.htm
Formula BMW - http://bmwmotorsport.com/ms/en/index.html

The winner/s to be entered into the driver programmes/championships will be announced in December 2008/January 2009

Races and V1 events will be broadcasted on V1-TV at www.v1championship.com with the terrestrial television programmes following in 2009

In it’s inaugural year the V1 Championship will be primarily an on line event with the main TV broadcasts planned for year two when we will air an interactive Top Gear meets the Apprentice television program that has been devised and copyrighted. This will not only increase our audience but also expand the driver gene pool affording everyone a chance at the F1 dream.

* The racing simulator is provided by Live For Speed and is recognized within the games industry as one of the best racing simulators available.

** All terms and conditions will be available to finalists – see terms and conditions on www.v1championship.com

*** Certain legal age, health and safety and availability criteria will have to be met.
link doesn't work?

Also may I ask you what you mean by 'immediately' entering the S1 series. Super 1 covers several classes, and also has licence restrictions. I presume V1 will fund a driver through their novice races, and subsequent races to earn a national A which will allow them to compete in a Super 1 event? Also what kart class have you got in line to enter a driver into?
Wow this looks so interusting... Sucks that I'm all the way across the ocean. I definetly would have given it a try. Good luck to all who enter.
looks like a lot of fun........ get in the gym sam and knock off some of those extra chins
skimmed read it, didnt find if the first GP (whatever its going to be) will be shown on Tv.... if so what channel?
V1 Facebook thing is open? because i only get one in the search, and only 1 member
This will be a great opportunity for some UK LFSers to show their stuff and get noticed. You will have a 'leg up' on most of the competitors heading into the first races, use that to your advantage and show how LFS is supposed to be run! The CTRA SS crowd, we are counting on you to help with giving all the new drivers to LFS a standard to shoot towards, one that is full of professionalism and respect for fellow racers that is seen on a day to day basis across most every LFS server.

Just because your not from the UK does not mean you should not participate either! I think this is going to bring everyone 'out of the woodwork' and you are going to find some of the best single seater action to be had in online while racing on the V1 servers and watching the online coverage for the V1.

Could I be cheeky and ask anyone and everyone to throw around this quote to their buddies please?

Quote from Jay Marshall :
PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE USE

What is V1 Championship? WWW.v1championship.com
It’s a free to enter competition to find a naturally talented racing driver……..V1 Championship Limited was founded by motor racing engineer Jay Marshall. Its mission - to create a series of tests that when put together in a competition format will find the best naturally talented racing drivers.

Making the competition free to enter is giving every one the opportunity to show they have what it takes to be the next Lewis Hamilton.

How does the competition work?
The first stages of V1 are a series of tests which include driving a racing simulator* on a pc computer.
For some of the competitors a psychometric test will follow (a multiple choice questionnaire that allows us find out more about the competitors – not just if they are fast on a computer.)

Finally a select group will go forward for testing in karts and cars – this will be determined by the preceding online testing.

The first year winners will go forward for training, testing or racing.
Depending on the age, attributes and experience of the winner, he/she will enter one or more of the following championship/driver programs:
British Karts http://www.s1series.co.uk/
The Racing Steps Foundation http://www.racingsteps.co.uk/
Formula BMW http://bmw-motorsport.com/ms/en/index.html

When does it launch?
Servers go live on 6th July 2008

PS could you post this link with that quote as well please =)

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=847110#post847110
Is everyone allowed to participate even if they are not necessarily ready to drop everything and move to the UK? I doupt it seeing as it would be a waste of time for V1...

I will be on the CTRA SS1 tryin to get my license up a little. Hope to meet some future professional racers in there.
Quote from Jay Marshall :This software has been developed to the highest technical standard to give the closest experience possible to driving a real car, it has been used by many drivers recently including two of this years current F1 drivers.

Umm?
Quote from SamH :Heikki tried it at Fortec

I knew that, but forgot it.

Quote :http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=41276

I know that, almost gave a link to that too but I was thinking that must mean something else... it's a press release and all about PR, but having 1 second flash of LFS in some commercial has imho very little do with what they or the F1 team really uses for practising. And Heidfeld has played LFS for real too... but again not the same thing as actually using it to practice. Altough it's not a lie, but "used by F1 drivers" gives an idea in this context that they have used for practising.

-
=) Should be good, cmon you S2 guys show these demo people how to race
I presume that Patch Z was released early because of this?
Quote from niall09 :I presume that Patch Z was released early because of this?

Early? Who said anything about early? Scawen released Z exactly and precisely when he wanted to
Why would he rush patch Z. FBM has not changed. ONly thing is the separation between S1/S2/demo blurred might have a positive effect but only marginally.
Here's some advice for V1. I really hope your not underestimating the challenge of Super 1 because it can get VERY extreme at times, and any noob will struggle, especially the one getting a 'free drive' if you know what I mean. You will need a lot more than the novice races and required club races before you can enter to be prepared.

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG