The online racing simulator
V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
Quote from jwardy :o ok , now i have your attention , as i havent been online lately , am i ruled out from the final results of v1 , cos the only reason ive been so quiet lataely is cos of work and RL racing ,
ive competed in 1 race and fineshed 6th ,

Nobody is ruled out of anything. The 9-race season is over but there is still a lot of work for the V1 folk to do and for drivers who want a shot at the seats we're looking to fill. I've said it as many times as I could without boring people but the weekend races are only a part of V1. If you're satisfied that you've shown your best driving at either the weekend races or in the practice races during the week, then you've put your best driving in front of the V1 decision makers (PS: I'm not a decision maker!).

From here on, we are still collecting statistics and will continue to collect stats in the practice servers so if you feel you can do better than you have already, feel free to put in more laps in there any time of the day or night. Jay and co will be reviewing those stats periodically using various tools that we've built for them to use, to find aspects of driving effort and attainment, progress, persistence and so on. They will be looking for what I would term "attractive candidates", inviting them to one-off online racing sessions for assessment, to psychometrics for testing and re-testing, and inviting drivers to attend track-days in the run-up to their final candidate choices. There's still a long way to go.

Quote from DaveWS :I guess David must have had a laggy crash whereby his car was accerelated to high speed in some direction...

That's what I'm thinking, yep. He did get a nasty shunt in the pitlane that put him out of the running in this last race. I think that's where the figure comes from.
Quote from SamH :Nobody is ruled out of anything. The 9-race season is over but there is still a lot of work for the V1 folk to do and for drivers who want a shot at the seats we're looking to fill. I've said it as many times as I could without boring people but the weekend races are only a part of V1. If you're satisfied that you've shown your best driving at either the weekend races or in the practice races during the week, then you've put your best driving in front of the V1 decision makers (PS: I'm not a decision maker!).

From here on, we are still collecting statistics and will continue to collect stats in the practice servers so if you feel you can do better than you have already, feel free to put in more laps in there any time of the day or night. Jay and co will be reviewing those stats periodically using various tools that we've built for them to use, to find aspects of driving effort and attainment, progress, persistence and so on. They will be looking for what I would term "attractive candidates", inviting them to one-off online racing sessions for assessment, to psychometrics for testing and re-testing, and inviting drivers to attend track-days in the run-up to their final candidate choices. There's still a long way to go.

Thats good to hear
Quote from SamH :You mean David Greco? Where are you seeing that?

the topspeed is not reliable, when the stats are being made it depends on LFS replay speed so it is not accurate! This high speed occured twice i created it so maybe he is the one who had been wrecked by ADVR-BLAKE when pitting i saw it for my own eyes and he just flied away :/
and again the topspeed is not accurate it is only orientational (can vary -10km/h)

does anyone know about something that can do analysis of car like other software can do from .SPR .RAW? like camber, suspension, etc. throughout the race? THX
Quote from jwardy :on the race stats that were posted , cant remember if it was here or v1 racer.com but he was top sspeed 265 kph , ill see if i can dig em up somewhere.

edit
http://home.zcu.cz/~jcerny7/V1/V1_S1R9_results_race.html ( top speed )

maybe he had crash and gained such high speed...but i havent seen replay so I m just telling what can be possible...or statistics are corrupted...every programm has mistakes
Quote from jwardy : cos the only reason ive been so quiet lataely is cos of work and RL racing , ive competed in 1 race and fineshed 6th ,

post us a link to the results Jack we all want to see how you did
Quote from anttt69 :post us a link to the results Jack we all want to see how you did

Which Jack? I think there is more of us. I posted mine. V1_S1R9_stats
Quote from anttt69 :post us a link to the results Jack we all want to see how you did

i wasent racing
thanks for that bb, but you might have noticed i was referring to wardy's RL racing. Is there anywhere we can view the results of your Kart race mate?
not untill the 23rd , thats my next one , ill see if i can get a print out of the results ,
why arent there still result of 9th race on v1championship.com ? I just wonder how it was
The Race 8 and Race 9 results will be going up shortly. I'm the one responsible for posting them and the plan is to post a comprehensive championship review from 1-9. I'm just really pushed for time at the moment.

I had a chat with Jay the other day and things are moving ever-forward with V1, even though there aren't currently any regular races scheduled since we reached the end of the F1 season. I will post more info as soon as I have it
Quote from jwardy :not untill the 23rd , thats my next one , ill see if i can get a print out of the results ,

A print out? I thought you raced real Karts.
ye , all times are logged on a comp aswell
no shit, so you racing lawnmower engined arrive n drive or what?
Quote from anttt69 :no shit, so you racing lawnmower engined arrive n drive or what?

could be , no this race is only a f400 4stroke , cos 125 wouldent last 6 hours unless i was well equiped with fire extinguishers ,

but next season im racing in the national 125 cc , theres a website somewhere , if i can dig it up ill link it here .
Quote from SamH :The Race 8 and Race 9 results will be going up shortly. I'm the one responsible for posting them and the plan is to post a comprehensive championship review from 1-9. I'm just really pushed for time at the moment.

I had a chat with Jay the other day and things are moving ever-forward with V1, even though there aren't currently any regular races scheduled since we reached the end of the F1 season. I will post more info as soon as I have it

can't wait for it
Hello there are too many pages filled with many post can someone tell me when will be race on V1 demo??? I want to race first time here
On a more serious not and this is a genuine question -

How's V1 coping with the recession, and economic difficulties? It's going to get much much worse. Where is the money coming from th pay for all the promised drives?

In terms of investment it doesn't look promising.

Not being sarcy - a genuine question
Quote from L@gger :Hello there are too many pages filled with many post can someone tell me when will be race on V1 demo??? I want to race first time here

its already on demo , just nobody is racing atm , its a shame cos it was great racing aswell
Quote from Intrepid :How's V1 coping with the recession, and economic difficulties? It's going to get much much worse. Where is the money coming from th pay for all the promised drives?

The nature and design of V1 actually lends itself to harder times. There are aspects of V1 that are proportionally far better returns on investment than historical methods of achieving the same.

Virtual/sim testing and psychometrics assessment are far cheaper and significantly lower-risk than traditional methods of on-track testing. Teams are increasingly looking for alternative and lower-cost methods of getting through preliminary driver assessments to find the drivers they need, to perform extremely well and generate the advertising revenue they depend on to exist. Enter V1.
Quote from Intrepid :In terms of investment it doesn't look promising.

It's not a question but a statement, and one that I'm afraid I can't agree with.
Quote from Intrepid :Not being sarcy - a genuine question

Forgive my suspicion, Alan, given your profoundly negative posting history in this thread.

A recession is never a good time for anyone, and I'm sure that nobody at V1 is expecting the next year or two to be easy. We do have a viable product that will serve the motorsports industry well, though. We're talking to more teams than we ever expected to be at this stage, there is far more interest in what we do (and how we do it) than we anticipated, and this is at least in part directly thanks to the current economic downturn.

Assuming that motor racing itself, as an industry, doesn't fold there is a strong future for V1. I'd imagine that peripheral motorsports industries will suffer some drop-off because they do depend on disposable income to a great extent. V1 doesn't depend on the available disposable income of its competitors to exist.

Hopefully that covers your question and answers it to your satisfaction
So the winner of V1 will be the showcase for the product V1 is trying to sell to teams who want more efficient driver analysis tools?

Personally I see the economy going into a deeper recession than many expect. The UK media has been SO bad at not showing what's really happening.

The Government policy is so blindingly flawed its going to cause major problems got a very long period. But V1s finances aren't any of my business at the end of the day, I just have my doubts how viable a business it is when I measure investment Vs return.
Quote from Intrepid :

Not being sarcy - a genuine question

Hehe I agree with Sam =)

I got a good chuckle too that you had to put
Quote from Intrepid : Not being sarcy - a genuine question

this into your post.

Everyone will be in for a rough year next year and possibly the year after. There are talks about deflation and all sorts of other nasty economic terms.

I think experts know what they are talking about and mostly, if not fully, understand the system we use to conduct business. To say otherwise you yourself would have to be an expert in these fields, which I highly doubt. All your post does is fuel the fear that is already driving the economy down farther than it has to go.

I think people are expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. Hope is a good thing despite what some others believe.

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG