The online racing simulator
i told you ppl.. that the limit was 18 moaahahahaahahaha!!!
#77 - DeKo
Quote from legoflamb :Its because your from Ecuador, as that is what is says under your avatar. You have to be a resident of the UK.

Look at the flag, use the heed.

Dunno why i got turned down, was probably the 15 stone, 6 foot 3 thing.
#78 - MR_B
Quote from DeKo :15 stone

Well that can always come down! Did you tick that you could do 50 push ups in a minute? If not then that maybe why. I don't think most drivers could do that many? Could Mika Hakkinen do that? Eh Eh!!

Quote from DeKo :6 foot 3

This on the other hand can't.
Is there a maximum height for these cars?

Hmm, the odds are stacked against me. I'm 12st 8, 6ft 3, can't do 50 push ups full stop and i don't know how to play football........ This isn't looking good. I can however walk 10 miles a day with a heavy bag as a job! (was a postie)... Where's the option for that!
Quote from DeKo :Look at the flag, use the heed.

Dunno why i got turned down, was probably the 15 stone, 6 foot 3 thing.

I never do that!
#80 - J.B.
The requirements are way over the top. Michael Schumacher was 19 when he ran his first season in car racing. And 50 push ups in a minute would disqualify many a professional racing driver.
Quote from Clownpaint :I got turned down, being 19. I guess 18 is the limit, even though I couldn't find it printed anywhere on the V1 site.

Yeah me too. They could have at least printed it somewhere so us oldies did'nt waste 2 hours of their time . Not very professional.
#82 - DeKo
Quote from MR_B :Well that can always come down! Did you tick that you could do 50 push ups in a minute? If not then that maybe why. I don't think most drivers could do that many? Could Mika Hakkinen do that? Eh Eh!!

This on the other hand can't.
Is there a maximum height for these cars?

Hmm, the odds are stacked against me. I'm 12st 8, 6ft 3, can't do 50 push ups full stop and i don't know how to play football........ This isn't looking good. I can however walk 10 miles a day with a heavy bag as a job! (was a postie)... Where's the option for that!

i play Five a side football for an hour and a half at a time going at full tilt mostly, never really tried 50 push ups in a minute, which will probably be impossible, but im pretty much fit enough. its the height and weight, Some whippet weighing about a stone would have a decent advantage over me.

And if i lost any weight i would be far too skinny.
V1
Hi everyone. Thank you for your interest in V1, all your comments are being looked at.

Cheers, Jay
#84 - MR_B
Thank you for letting us know, it's reassuring to know our voices are heard!
Quote from Jay Marshall :Hi everyone. Thank you for your interest in V1, all your comments are being looked at.

Cheers, Jay

you are the one that made V1 possible right?... i want to ask you a question... do you have something related to Fortec Racing?
My breasts ache
Quote from DeKo :i play Five a side football for an hour and a half at a time going at full tilt mostly, never really tried 50 push ups in a minute, which will probably be impossible, but im pretty much fit enough. its the height and weight, Some whippet weighing about a stone would have a decent advantage over me.

And if i lost any weight i would be far too skinny.

Our fitness guy is pretty good, he's worked with Jenson Button and others, but I've got admit when we went to interview him for the promo it did make me think, shit I must be getting old. I just got the stop watch out and I managed 11 push ups in 10 seconds and pulled something. I'm 42, slowly getting a bear gut and as I'm writing this, my man breasts are acing, my wrists heart and a strange lump has appeared in my abdomen.

You guys are going to kill me..... I've looked at some of your laps, there is some pretty tidy lines here. I can not wait to get some of you guys in a real car. I 'm thinking about asking some of the more local to Silverstone area, down to to have a go on the static sim I have built based at Fortec, start getting a feel for what we're going to have to look out for in the conversion process.

I'm affraid St4Lk3R is right and then some.

Later.j.
#87 - MR_B
Hmm, well I can't do the pressups but I can do everything else! (thin arms ) Yet I still should be clicking "Decline" / Not Bothering ?

Also, when do entries close? I think i've missed that bit.
Quote from Jakg :yay!

"To compete in V1 you must possess a level of physical fitness equivalent to…
…doing fifty press-ups in one minute
…doing forty sit-ups in one minute
…playing five-a-side football at maximum effort for fifteen minutes
If successful at this stage, we will fully evaluate your fitness at subsequent stages of the process."

I'm now applying, even though i doubt i'll get anywhere. For all those who CBA to click the link you need to upload a hotlap of the FBM at Blackwood and fill in a form.

EDIT - http://www.racingi.com/view_vi ... wkey=a167a5a36dedd4bea254 - Scawen + FBM + Cut Up G25 + HUGE Screen.

Well I just did a quick test to see this... (I run many half marathons and stuff - so I know my fitness is good)

but just put the stop watch down and did well over 40 sit ups in 60 secs and pretty much did 54 ish press ups (full ones) in 1 min

Only problem is I'm 22 think they should say the upper age limit as otherwise it's a bit of a waste of time for people to be honest.
Quote from PaulJ_85 :

Only problem is I'm 22 think they should say the upper age limit as otherwise it's a bit of a waste of time for people to be honest.

they cant... the fbmw championship its only for 15-18 yo
Quote from Jay Marshall :Our fitness guy is pretty good, he's worked with Jenson Button and others, but I've got admit when we went to interview him for the promo it did make me think, shit I must be getting old. I just got the stop watch out and I managed 11 push ups in 10 seconds and pulled something. I'm 42, slowly getting a bear gut and as I'm writing this, my man breasts are acing, my wrists heart and a strange lump has appeared in my abdomen.

You guys are going to kill me..... I've looked at some of your laps, there is some pretty tidy lines here. I can not wait to get some of you guys in a real car. I 'm thinking about asking some of the more local to Silverstone area, down to to have a go on the static sim I have built based at Fortec, start getting a feel for what we're going to have to look out for in the conversion process.

I'm affraid St4Lk3R is right and then some.

Later.j.

Thanks for the input Jay! Sounds like you could use a little gym time yourself! That lump is normal, just feed it beer and it usually settles down =)

I will have to upload a lap. I viewed the site at work and it must have blocked that section because I had totally missed it. Even for a chance to sit in a simulator would be great, and I live near Silverstone which is even better! The static simulator sounds like a great treat for anyone.

Shame us 'oldies' cannot compete, but it's understandable and nothing unexpected.

:edit: posted up a laptime, it's not the greatest and I can do better, but it's the best I could come up with in the two hours. I have not tried, but is there a possibility for people to update their HLVC laptime on the V1 Championship site?

I see that not many people have put in a lap time, would you want more promotion in LFS than just a forum thread? I am an admin for the CTRA system and we could possibly add some promotion for you into the multiplayer side of LFS. We run a single seater server which uses the FBM and every day we see full grids and there are always people on the server anytime of the day. Through our whole server suite we run approximately 400 races a day. PM me if your interested and we can get the ball rolling. http://www.raceauthority.com/stats.asp
Quote from chanoman315 :you are the one that made V1 possible right?... i want to ask you a question... do you have something related to Fortec Racing?

Yes I am the MD of V1 Championship ltd. Our first stages of the of-line testing will be at Fortec. 12 online applicants will go through almost the same testing prosess as they did online. Repeting the online prosess of-line is for the TV, to make sure they were being honest online and to start to see if the applicants can handle pressure under the spotlight.

Please feel free to ask any questions. I'm affraid my response times may vary though. Cheers, Jay.
Quote from Viper93 :Thanks for the input Jay! Sounds like you could use a little gym time yourself! That lump is normal, just feed it beer and it usually settles down =)

I will have to upload a lap. I viewed the site at work and it must have blocked that section because I had totally missed it. Even for a chance to sit in a simulator would be great, and I live near Silverstone which is even better! The static simulator sounds like a great treat for anyone.

Shame us 'oldies' cannot compete, but it's understandable and nothing unexpected.

:edit: posted up a laptime, it's not the greatest and I can do better, but it's the best I could come up with in the two hours. I have not tried, but is there a possibility for people to update their HLVC laptime on the V1 Championship site?

I see that not many people have put in a lap time, would you want more promotion in LFS than just a forum thread? I am an admin for the CTRA system and we could possibly add some promotion for you into the multiplayer side of LFS. We run a single seater server which uses the FBM and every day we see full grids and there are always people on the server anytime of the day. Through our whole server suite we run approximately 400 races a day. PM me if your interested and we can get the ball rolling. http://www.raceauthority.com/stats.asp

That would be great, we need as much data as poss, I'm defiantly going to bring some of your fastest guys down to fortec asap.
We're lauching the online search in a couple of weeks in the nationals and motor press, I just itching to get started even knowing we're going to have a shed load of problems. Cheers, J
Quote from chanoman315 :they cant... the fbmw championship its only for 15-18 yo

No mention of that in the UK regs last time I checked, but 18 is the age cap for a BMW scholarship. And Valle Makela, who competed in FBMW UK last year is 21.
#94 - J.B.
Hi Jay, nice to see your input here. A question. How does experience factor into the whole selection process? Isn't it quite likely that the "best" person you find is someone with years of high level karting under his belt, who probably would have made it into FBMW anyway, even without the help of the V1 project?

Anyway, grats for setting up this novel concept in motorsports, can't wait to see what comes of it.
Quote from Jay Marshall :
Please feel free to ask any questions. I'm affraid my response times may vary though. Cheers, Jay.

k... does the UK fbmw league and German fbmw league are the same? i mean they run at the same places and that?... because someone in this thread said something like that... and Kauffman racing is a good team?....
#96 - J.B.
German and British FBMW have been merged to Euro championship and they race as F1 support events.
Quote from ebola :
I have applied but I had to lie about my age, apparently 26 is to old. I have a feeling that someone from the LFS community is going to get very famous but it won't be me

It would be fantastic to see an LFS-er succeed in the real thing! It would at the very least more firmly legitimize LFS as a hardcore sim.

its not like they arent gonna find out your age eventually...
unless you idea is to impress them with your skill so that they will ignore the agre restriction.
Quote from Gabkicks :
unless you idea is to impress them with your skill so that they will ignore the agre restriction.

i dont think that will happen
Quote from Jay Marshall :Yes I am the MD of V1 Championship ltd. Our first stages of the of-line testing will be at Fortec. 12 online applicants will go through almost the same testing prosess as they did online. Repeting the online prosess of-line is for the TV, to make sure they were being honest online and to start to see if the applicants can handle pressure under the spotlight.

TV? So when is this actually airing? Do you already have contracts with some British channel?

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG