The online racing simulator
V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :ahahahaha. The meer thought of them trying to squeeze Sam into a FBM amuses me.

*Pit Mechanics* - We need a giant Shoe Horn, we cannea fit all of him in!

Chase view
The V1 Racing site is up and running now http://www.v1racer.com/ and is accepting entries to their racing programme.

Have to say it looks a very professional outfit, these guys mean business.

+ our man Scawen can be seen in the full promo vid (get a haircut, hippy )

So if you think you've got what it takes to make it as a real world racing driver then sign up and get practicing.

Good luck !
Quote from Mazz4200 :The V1 Racing site is up and running now http://www.v1racer.com/ and is accepting entries to their racing programme.

Have to say it looks a very professional outfit, these guys mean business.

+ our man Scawen can be seen in the full promo vid (get a haircut, hippy )

So if you think you've got what it takes to make it as a real world racing driver then sign up and get practicing.

Good luck !

Wow cool thanks for the link. Looks like it is going to be starting very soon And it gives a nice link to LFS on their site! + a hotlap competition! oh my.... Even Scawen is on the video
#31 - Jakg
yay!

"To compete in V1 you must possess a level of physical fitness equivalent to…
…doing fifty press-ups in one minute
…doing forty sit-ups in one minute
…playing five-a-side football at maximum effort for fifteen minutes
If successful at this stage, we will fully evaluate your fitness at subsequent stages of the process."

I'm now applying, even though i doubt i'll get anywhere. For all those who CBA to click the link you need to upload a hotlap of the FBM at Blackwood and fill in a form.

EDIT - http://www.racingi.com/view_vi ... wkey=a167a5a36dedd4bea254 - Scawen + FBM + Cut Up G25 + HUGE Screen.
is there any difference between the LFS V1 version (0.5Y2) and the current Y release?
Im so going to take place in this

Not that i wil ever make it

you guy never give me shot to get fatser

Stil im going to try my best to get in that top 12

Aw pushups are going to be hard for me im not that strong althow im am a 10 kilomter competition runner
Scawen looked really nervous in that first segment he did about LFS. I think I heard his voice wobbling a bit.
Quote from Flughafen :is there any difference between the LFS V1 version (0.5Y2) and the current Y release?

No - there is no real difference. The only difference is that instead of the XF GTI being selected when you run LFS for the first time, the Formula BMW is selected (with V1 LFS skin).

The file isn't mirrored so please don't download it if you already have LFS - it would just be a waste of bandwidth.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Scawen looked really nervous in that first segment he did about LFS. I think I heard his voice wobbling a bit.

Yes that kind of thing always makes me nervous. I prefer being filmed driving the racing car, that was kind of fun playing around with the van in the evening.
Scawen, out of intrest, How well did you do on the simulator

Edit: Also how close was the simulator(in the video, the half car thingy) close to realy driving the Formula BMW
Quote from Scawen :Yes that kind of thing always makes me nervous. I prefer being filmed driving the racing car, that was kind of fun playing around with the van in the evening.

You look better with the helmet on too. Get a haircut, hippy.

The one that made me chuckle was the guy from the recruitment consultancy who was talking about how they use fancy psychometric testing to find exactly the right person for each job. The simple fact that he was the guy selected to do the promo work suggested that his company's methods weren't exactly cutting-edge...
Quote from thisnameistaken :You look better with the helmet on too. Get a haircut, hippy.

The one that made me chuckle was the guy from the recruitment consultancy who was talking about how they use fancy psychometric testing to find exactly the right person for each job. The simple fact that he was the guy selected to do the promo work suggested that his company's methods weren't exactly cutting-edge...

Lol stop that if he wants to look that way let him:uglyhamme
Quote from thisnameistaken :The one that made me chuckle was the guy from the recruitment consultancy who was talking about how they use fancy psychometric testing to find exactly the right person for each job. The simple fact that he was the guy selected to do the promo work suggested that his company's methods weren't exactly cutting-edge...

You mean the "guy" that looked like Tristan ?
Quote from Mazz4200 :You mean the "guy" that looked like Tristan ?

Did he? I didn't notice. His haircut made him look like he may have recently been lobotomised though.

Hmm. Two cracks about haircuts in as many posts... I'm well gay.
Maybe not, but in my defence, i've only ever seen Tristan once, and that was in that vid when he was trying to stuff 37 Jaffa Cakes into his gob.
Quote :The V1 championship is currently only open to residents of the United Kingdom.

Bah...

P.s. Thanks for the short shot of the track editor.
so anyone of any age can participate?only of the UK?
Quote from LFSn00b :I think it's open to all who can participate to every race, UK preferred

You obviously didn't read GP4Flo's post. He actually quoted the V1 registration agreement (which you also didn't read, apparently ).
-
(garph) DELETED by garph
I am quiet suprised that this has not been formally announced as yet. This is a big thing for LFS, participating in this scheme. I would have thought it would be fan fares, bells and whitsles etc.
Quote from felplacerad :You obviously didn't read GP4Flo's post. He actually quoted the V1 registration agreement (which you also didn't read, apparently ).

k!... well good luck to the one who wins that! ... i feel a lot of envy really.... GOOD LUCK UK RACERS
Quote from thisnameistaken :The one that made me chuckle was the guy from the recruitment consultancy who was talking about how they use fancy psychometric testing

The guy in the paddock has that Aretha Franklin lateral head movement that's pretty damn impressive, but not entirely becoming, when performed by a white british male. But if you really want a role-model check out the "driving techniques" videos. He's the next best thing to getting Joe Pesci to describe how you get that car back in line.

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG