We can be real simple about this : only if you break the law we may have to inform the authorities and hand over your details.
Other than that, we will never share any of your personal details with anyone.
We do not place any tracking cookies in your browser and we also do not use advertising networks that will track you. In fact we do not use advertising networks at all.
We do use services from Cloudflare who place a cookie for analytics and anti-ddos purposes.
We take great care securing all the data you submit to this website.
We frequently review and update our website software to make sure no known bugs are present. That said, it can happen that unknown security holes are present, as is the case with almost all software. If your data is compromised because of such an exploit, we will first fix the problem and then inform you about it.
What are your private personal details that will never be publically visible or shared?
- Your email address and password
- Your full name, unless indicated otherwise on your account settings page,
- Your payment details and credit, skin and sms balances,
- The IP addresses you connect to our website with. Note that we explicitly state our website only - when you race online with Live for Speed there will be 3rd parties who can see your IP address, such as the person running the host you are connected to. We cannot be held liable for any result that 3rd party knowledge may have.
What do we use your personal details for?
- Your user name is used to uniquely identify you (so people can recognise you upon returning) within LFS, on lfs.net and lfsworld.net. You can freely choose your own user name, so you can be fully anonymous if you choose to be.
- We store your email address for password retrieval purposes, allowing us to send you a password-reset token. Additionally we send you a notification every time LFS has been unlocked with your account. You can choose to receive update notifications via email, allowing us to inform you when new updates to LFS have been released. There may be more occasions upon which we send you emails. These are however always a result of a specific action within one of our websites and consent for mailing you is implied. E.g. subscribing to a forum thread.
- Your country is only used for a bit of personalisation on our forums. If you do not wish to expose this information, you can choose "Other".
- We store the IP addresses with which you visit our websites for statistical purposes. The IP addresses are deleted after 48 hours.
- We store the IP addresses with which you unlock LFS for anti-abuse purposes.
- If you supply your first and last name (they are optional), we will only use it for a bit more personalisation in emails and optionally on our websites.
- If you supply your mobile phone number (it is optional), we can use it for additional means of account recovery, or LFS related SMS alerts and messages.
- You can create a personal profile for your account. These details are used solely for personalisation purposes and are fully optional.
You can choose to delete your account. Please send us a request if you do.
When we delete your account, all data we have stored for your account will be deleted, with the exception of payment data which are needed for our administration. A copy of this data will also still be available at our payment providers.
When you race online with Live for Speed, much of your racing activity will be uploaded to and made visible on www.lfsworld.net. You can opt to hide a lot of it, but some information such as which public host you are online at, will always be visible to the public. This information is considered public knowledge in any case, due to the nature of online multiplayer gaming.