The online racing simulator
V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :

Hehe I agree with Sam =)

I got a good chuckle too that you had to put
this into your post.

Everyone will be in for a rough year next year and possibly the year after. There are talks about deflation and all sorts of other nasty economic terms.

I think experts know what they are talking about and mostly, if not fully, understand the system we use to conduct business. To say otherwise you yourself would have to be an expert in these fields, which I highly doubt. All your post does is fuel the fear that is already driving the economy down farther than it has to go.

I think people are expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. Hope is a good thing despite what some others believe.

NO the 'experts' have NO CLUE! Seriously! They don't know the first thing about economics and that's why we are in this mess! Only Austrian Economists actually understood the system and what was happening. They were literally laughed at by your so called experts who continually DENIED and HOPED the economy was fine!!! I suggest you type "Peter Schiff was Right" into Google and start learning!

I would consider myself a better expert because I reccomended to many friends to get out of the housing market as it was all fake a year or two ago.... but the experts disagreed with me and they went with their reccomendations!

Now they are jobless, and panicing they will lose their house.... but yh the experts know what they are talking about!!!!

The truth is the government fund economists who support government intervention with the economy, which inherently polutes and diseases the Free Market and thats why we are here....

The real economists are silenced because they know government involved in a free market is only a route to disaster. So far they have been proved 100% right... not that the govenment will admit it... because if they did they would have to resign
No average racing but some racing days... Where all racers come and race. I saw some replays and I want to race there
Quote from L@gger :No average racing but some racing days... Where all racers come and race. I saw some replays and I want to race there

that was done when the real f1 championchip was running , each race everyone would qualify and it would get narrowed down to a final 12 for the race . only drivers within the 1.12/1.13 really got in with exeptcions that of drivers who had put there sole into that week of practicing .
Quote from Intrepid :NO the 'experts' have NO CLUE!

Alan's typing in caps again. Someone agree with him before he resorts to bold face. Bear in mind that typing something in both capital letters and bold face actually proves that you're right.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Alan's typing in caps again. Someone agree with him before he resorts to bold face. Bear in mind that typing something in both capital letters and bold face actually proves that you're right.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!

After I completely DESTROYED () your theory about trusting government funded economists that's all you've got to come back at me with? lol Good luck in the future with your trusty economists who couldn't predict the result of a one horse race!
I think you need help, or at least an education.

I have nothing to 'come back' with because I have yet to see anything thrown. Not one statement you brought forward was substantiated with fact which makes any argument about as useless as... square tires. But since you cannot 'see' that I am hitting my head against a brick wall of ignorance and nothing anyone says or will say will change or alter your perception or understanding even if any facts show that your perception is inaccurate.

There is also a term called 'self fulfilled prophecy' in which that a person believes that an event or trend is guaranteed to happen that they make no effort to alter it's course, thus fulfilling the 'prophecy'. In simple English is this is too difficult to understand... it means that you believe what you want to believe to a point that you do not make any preparations to prevent the event from happening and voilà you were right! Then you can say to everyone haha I was right!

Thankfully there are other people in the world with a much more factual based approach to life. I don't even know why I bother writing on the forums 1/2 the time, everyone seems to run around like a headless chicken screaming 'AHH THE SKY IS FALLING, it's a plot by the government to keel us all!' Since it's been said it surely has to be true now, maybe you should add that to your post too, I think it adds validity to your 'argument'

I've said my 2p worth, you can continue on your unsubstantiated attack on the government again. I need a good laugh yet today.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :I think you need help, or at least an education.

I have nothing to 'come back' with because I have yet to see anything thrown. Not one statement you brought forward was substantiated with fact which makes any argument about as useless as... square tires. But since you cannot 'see' that I am hitting my head against a brick wall of ignorance and nothing anyone says or will say will change or alter your perception or understanding even if any facts show that your perception is inaccurate.

There is also a term called 'self fulfilled prophecy' in which that a person believes that an event or trend is guaranteed to happen that they make no effort to alter it's course, thus fulfilling the 'prophecy'. In simple English is this is too difficult to understand... it means that you believe what you want to believe to a point that you do not make any preparations to prevent the event from happening and voilà you were right! Then you can say to everyone haha I was right!

Thankfully there are other people in the world with a much more factual based approach to life. I don't even know why I bother writing on the forums 1/2 the time, everyone seems to run around like a headless chicken screaming 'AHH THE SKY IS FALLING, it's a plot by the government to keel us all!' Since it's been said it surely has to be true now, maybe you should add that to your post too, I think it adds validity to your 'argument'

I've said my 2p worth, you can continue on your unsubstantiated attack on the government again. I need a good laugh yet today.

I suggest you one read

Crash Proof

Economics in One Lesson

That should get you started and then you'll soon realise that the self serving politicians are doing their level best to fuc* the economy.

Alternatively you can listen to the government economists who are more interested in keeping their jobs, and making sure there boss gets elected!
On topic: What's the latest news regarding V1?
Quote from DaveWS :On topic: What's the latest news regarding V1?

Jay's busy beavering away at his end, discussing possibilities with teams and with series' controlling bodies, working with the data that we've collected and defining parameters for further racing and psychometrics data collection/analysis (in short, "stuff"). I've had to take a bit of a step back since the end of the F1 season due to overbearing personal circumstances, but I understand Jay has an announcement or two to make in the next week or so regarding further testing at Rockingham and/or Croft. I don't know much of the details as of yet (I'm running on reduced involvement atm) but we will keep everyone posted with news as we get it.
Quote from SamH :Jay's busy beavering away at his end, discussing possibilities with teams and with series' controlling bodies, working with the data that we've collected and defining parameters for further racing and psychometrics data collection/analysis (in short, "stuff"). I've had to take a bit of a step back since the end of the F1 season due to overbearing personal circumstances, but I understand Jay has an announcement or two to make in the next week or so regarding further testing at Rockingham and/or Croft. I don't know much of the details as of yet (I'm running on reduced involvement atm) but we will keep everyone posted with news as we get it.

Ok thanks for the update.
hi sam,

i was just wondering about the age factor - will the next test session, whenever it may be, be only for 17-19 year olds? Or will the 'older' ones, for example..........someone whos 22 be eligible?

I know you were said you guys were working on places for the older age group.
22 is consdered old for a fbm i think
#714 - ssm
Hey, what's up? I decided to join when I saw this Youtube episode of Sim Racing Inside...

With an interview with Sam H.

Sounds interesting.

By the way, I am 17, is that too young? too old?
i'm afraid you're too late, because that was what like 2 months ago
#716 - ssm
The V1 servers are still up, and by Sam's statement, I can still make 200 laps on the V1 servers and make it count.
Hiyas.. yes, we are still collecting stats. Technically we're out of season regarding the online competition at the moment, but we're working with teams to place drivers etc and watching for new talent in the V1 servers. V1 is a rolling project at the moment.
#718 - ssm
So...

If I constantly just go on V1 servers to practice driving in my spare time (Playing LFS) instead of screwing around in drift servers, I would have a chance at participating in some part of the V1 program?

EDIT: Btw, Sam, just curious... last night when I was in the V1 servers, I kept seeing names popping up in the corner of the screen, of people trying to connect. Most of them do connect only to be kicked a second later, what is that about?
Quote from ssm :So...

If I constantly just go on V1 servers to practice driving in my spare time (Playing LFS) instead of screwing around in drift servers, I would have a chance at participating in some part of the V1 program?

EDIT: Btw, Sam, just curious... last night when I was in the V1 servers, I kept seeing names popping up in the corner of the screen, of people trying to connect. Most of them do connect only to be kicked a second later, what is that about?

thats people who dont register at v1championship.com
no register no play
#720 - ssm
Ah, okay... Just curious, what is this thing with Fortec (I read it in the first few pages)? I haven't been playing LFS for a while.. (been busy with Internet Marketing)...

I just want to start playing again if there are connections to professional series racing. (I seriously need a wheel or a stable thumb...)
Wheel is the way to go.
#722 - ssm
*grumbles..* saves for wheel..

Or I can see if I can borrow a friend's for a few months
Quote from SamH :Hiyas.. yes, we are still collecting stats. Technically we're out of season regarding the online competition at the moment, but we're working with teams to place drivers etc and watching for new talent in the V1 servers. V1 is a rolling project at the moment.

any news? statistics available for racers, some videos etc.? thx
What about the server usage? Is there anyone racing? And when?
any news here? who will be be driving for fortec this season?
Quote from anttt69 :any news here? who will be be driving for fortec this season?

CTRA is no more, I imagine this dies also.

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG