The online racing simulator
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :HAHA i know Jamie Stanley, hes a helper guy at my dads race meetings! Time to start sucking up!!!!

Jamie proved immensely helpful. Top bloke I wouldn't count on any favouritism, though
Quote from JackCY :still 5 servers with 6laps :/ all empty almost all the day
when some notregistered user tries to connect it write 2 distracting messages, conected - kicked...

I'll co-ordinate with Chris this evening, and we'll see if we can get the server lap lengths adjusted tonight. I'm sure you understand it's been a busy week so far, and we've had some other fairly important things on!
I would just like to congratulate all in doing a great job on the day, very good. I have had time to go over some of the data and start to make sense of the day, which as Sam has mentioned was very last min. We had the opportunity to use the Rockingham track through the racing steps and its looking like, had we the time one of the guys would have gone on further, we just simply didn't have the time to put the training in place. This is all really positive news, mainly because the data we have collected online is already lining up with what we are getting on track.

Thanks to all, Jay.
Sam, you only posted pics of them talking.... where are the pics of them in the actual car on the track? you didnt take any?
Sadly, I was the guy with the stopwatch, so the photos that I got were all non-driving shots. As you can see from one or two shots, Luke had a decent long lens on his camera, and he was picking the guys off as they went by. Hopefully he'll have a few good shots of them in the car
Quote from Jay Marshall :I would just like to congratulate all in doing a great job on the day, very good. I have had time to go over some of the data and start to make sense of the day, which as Sam has mentioned was very last min. We had the opportunity to use the Rockingham track through the racing steps and its looking like, had we the time one of the guys would have gone on further, we just simply didn't have the time to put the training in place. This is all really positive news, mainly because the data we have collected online is already lining up with what we are getting on track.

Thanks to all, Jay.

so whats your pb at Bl1 with Fbm , would be nice to see , and hope the rest of the courses go well , i hope to get there sooner or later

JW
Quote from SamH :Sadly, I was the guy with the stopwatch, so the photos that I got were all non-driving shots. As you can see from one or two shots, Luke had a decent long lens on his camera, and he was picking the guys off as they went by. Hopefully he'll have a few good shots of them in the car

oh alright then
Hope you guys had fun!

Looking forward to seeing some of those pics the camera man that seemed to take Sam's attention so much (:P) was taking.

I guess this is putting LFS to the ultimate test because now we can clearly see how it helps in real life racing.
who was the quickest person around the track and what time did they do?
All 3 of the guys were pretty well equally fast, and during the individual driving sessions that were held, all 3 drivers at some point pulled out a little over the other two.

Because of the varied nature of the testing we were doing, our guys at the end only had one flying lap to pull out something special on their own, using what they had learned but without being instructed during the lap.

The infield track is 1.7 miles long and the fastest time by our guys around there was 1:32. That's just 3 seconds behind Jamie, our pro driver, and all drivers were separated by low tenths of a second at the end.
thx for server changes
[server name]TIMES [6laps] = [total lap count]
this really sucks i cant get online till tomorrow night / saturday morning due to my Usless internet , we are doing checks they say it will only be 1 day they say 4 days later i have connection but very bad . i call them , yes it will be all complete tomorrow , arggggg , someone give me a flaming banana to through at them please , on another note i dont know if ill be at the next race in a weeks time , i think i have something workwise to do , anyway gl to all the drivers at nxt weeks race ...

JW
Quote from jwardy :this really sucks i cant get online till tomorrow night / saturday morning due to my Usless internet , we are doing checks they say it will only be 1 day they say 4 days later i have connection but very bad . i call them , yes it will be all complete tomorrow ...

if you pay for that, you should want compensation, you pay for iNet not for don't having it
Quote from JackCY :if you pay for that, you should want compensation, you pay for iNet not for don't having it

woohoooo its back , ready for some practise tomorrow i finish work at 3.30 play lfs from 4-6 go karting from 7 - 11 ish maybe later lfs all night till 8 am then collapse over wheel .
Quote from JackCY :thx for server changes
[server name]TIMES [6laps] = [total lap count]

np!

Well, I say np.. it did give us some problems at 3am last night.. but Chris fixed it
Quote from jwardy :woohoooo its back , ready for some practise tomorrow i finish work at 3.30 play lfs from 4-6 go karting from 7 - 11 ish maybe later lfs all night till 8 am then collapse over wheel .

This is relax-a-bit weekend.. no qualifying this friday, just get some laps in. Try out the different race lengths
Quote from SamH :Well, I say np.. it did give us some problems at 3am last night.. but Chris fixed it

This is relax-a-bit weekend.. no qualifying this friday, just get some laps in. Try out the different race lengths

Sleep is for wimps!

There is some planned software maintenance to be done this weekend, so I'll apologise in advance if it affects anyone. I'll try to keep any disruption to a minimum.
that play lfs from 4-6 dident go to plan , i was called in for the Oliva nova Ryder Cup , English members vs European members , im playing for Europe , so my new name is Hans Wardshenstiken
Quote from jwardy :that play lfs from 4-6 dident go to plan , i was called in for the Oliva nova Ryder Cup , English members vs European members , im playing for Europe , so my new name is Hans Wardshenstiken

you shoud stay as English UK LoL
it wasent my choice but we won , all down to the last hole , par 3 , on the green in 1 , nice birdie put and boom victory . as for racing my wheel decided to recalibrate itself to a different setting , now im driving with lass ffb and stuff so , it will take me some time to get used to it .
jwardy: lags today , hope you solve the lags, it was really confusing driving behind you and little imposible to overtake
i dont know whats going on its only been lately like the last 3 days , will slowing my interent speed to 12 mbps make it less laggy than 54 , this is something someone told me to do before , what else could i do , ?
Quote from jwardy :i dont know whats going on its only been lately like the last 3 days , will slowing my interent speed to 12 mbps make it less laggy than 54 , this is something someone told me to do before , what else could i do , ?

you have WIFI? well get an ADSL or something on cable not wireless, wireless = high ping
try speedtest.net and look for ping, you should not get more than 100ms, lower = better, 0-50ms good for FPS games, 50-100ms other games (more reaction time games)

Quote from JackCY :you have WIFI? well get an ADSL or something on cable not wireless, wireless = high ping
try speedtest.net and look for ping, you should not get more than 100ms, lower = better, 0-50ms good for FPS games, 50-100ms other games (more reaction time games)

my wireless normally doesent lag ,

but i just found out that my aireal ,had fallen over and was only 76% conectivity normally my ping in lfs is around the 100ms
Sam a little birdie tells me they were 5secs off Jamie not 3
I would like to ask if we will know that psychometric test result...some score we gained or simply some resolution if I am genius or idiot

btw: the last race (race 6) was terrible for me.....but I feel that I dont have enough experience in racing with a lot cars around me....every time I come to V1 practice it is empty and then I race with 11 racers and they are everywhere around me and I want to take care about everybody so it ends with my crash if I dont want to crash anybody else...
I dont know how to gain it but there should be more oportunities to race with a lot of racers....it is absolutely different from racing alone...

and another thing is that I am kinda nervous because of important event

and other thing I dont understand is why the second race was restarted? It was told there wouldnt be any lag start and my first start was great and gained one position but the second one I got between two formulas and crashed my left front wheel so I had problems with handling and wheel temperature
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Sam a little birdie tells me they were 5secs off Jamie not 3

Since me and Jay are the only two people who actually saw the results, and since it wasn't me, I'm assuming your birdie is Jay??
Quote from bavorak :I would like to ask if we will know that psychometric test result...some score we gained or simply some resolution if I am genius or idiot

btw: the last race (race 6) was terrible for me.....but I feel that I dont have enough experience in racing with a lot cars around me....every time I come to V1 practice it is empty and then I race with 11 racers and they are everywhere around me and I want to take care about everybody so it ends with my crash if I dont want to crash anybody else...
I dont know how to gain it but there should be more oportunities to race with a lot of racers....it is absolutely different from racing alone...

and another thing is that I am kinda nervous because of important event

and other thing I dont understand is why the second race was restarted? It was told there wouldnt be any lag start and my first start was great and gained one position but the second one I got between two formulas and crashed my left front wheel so I had problems with handling and wheel temperature

I can't help on the psychometric test results I'm afraid. I don't think we get the results back, actually.

For the sprint race, there was no lag lap but for the feature race I said that there would be.

We recently sent an invitation to a lot of potential new racers so with a bit of luck there will be more people racing soon A lot of people are still saying they're nervous about racing online. I'm not sure how to convince them that they should try it anyway.. some people are easily scared

Don't forget that the weekend races are more for fun than anything. I keep saying that, but I don't think people are listening

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG