The online racing simulator
Quote from SamH :All of this information, next season, will be available to the individual driver. Hopefully some of it we will be able to expose before the end of this season, but we want to expand the interaction we have with drivers first, so that drivers can create passwords and log in to view their stats. Next year everything will be integrated on the new V1Racer.com site.

can't wait for the stats

update
8) Are the laptimes counting when im on V1 practice and I'm alone in the race? Because it looks sometimes like wiped out. Or nobody is racing just watching.

9) Can you change two servers from 6lap sprints to more serious racing? Like 12 laps and 24 laps? maybe add a 10-15min quallification. On 6 laps i can't tune my setup because it's too short and i do only 3-4 laps with warmed up tires. Also 24 laps is good training for final race
Quote from JackCY :
9) Can you change two servers from 6lap sprints to more serious racing? Like 12 laps and 24 laps? maybe add a 10-15min quallification. On 6 laps i can't tune my setup because it's too short and i do only 3-4 laps with warmed up tires. Also 24 laps is good training for final race

really great idea...for example...before the race I was racing offline because I wanned to test my race setup in 20 or more lap race and it wasnt possible on your servers...so I m racing FBM BLGP but again you dont see how

SamH ...if I remember well you said you will be sending some e-mails about real testing of some track somewhere in England...I think you said you would post it today (Monday) so I wonder what it will be
hope you will send it to all V1 competitors not just to "impressive"
Sam can you tell me if this weekends Q1 will be over 2 sessions , if so i might be able to get some time off, i finish at 3.30 on sat so if theres a afternoon session , as for sunday , **** knows , but i will try all i can to ruin everyone at work's shifts
Yep, this weekend will have a Q1B session starting at 7PM UK time, running for an hour

We are working on releasing news at the moment, but I will need to talk to the guys at shl tomorrow before I can fully release information.

What I can (and I guess need to!) say is that if anyone is in the UK and can get to Rockingham on 16th Sept, then set that day aside for now. We will be emailing all the drivers whose statistics meet our criteria with an invite to psychometric testing. Following that, a small group of candidates will be invited to Rockingham for a day of real-world driver testing.

It is for ONE of the series that we are feeding (not for the Formula BMW) and it does need to be a UK-based driver. Please don't ask me any further questions at the moment because I actually don't have much more information than I've given here. I'm just giving a heads-up about 16th Sept.
unfortunately I just dont have journey to UK planned on Sept 16th
but other racers are quite in disadvantaged if they are not from UK ... hope that FBM real testing will be for all the world
You must remember that the terms and conditions do state that, this year, drivers must be willing and available to drive in racing series in the UK next year

The fact of the matter is that, if we can find the right driver, we will find a way to give them a drive next year, even if they are not from the UK. However, they do need to be willing and able to get in the car!
im willing to make a move to the uk but i aswell dident have planned a holiday on the 16th , when you get more info , on maybe other dates , i will try and work around it..

Edit i can have the time off tell me where and when and i will be there . all regards

JWARDY
This message is especially for SamH ... I m just racing on your v1 server 1 and there was a "racer" who crashed very often then trying to restart during the race which was impossible so he stopped his FBM right in the first chickane and I crashed him from my first place (I didnt wanna but had no other possibility)...everything is in the replay below...his name was I think wasteman but I m not sure about it....at the end of the replay you will see all the situation clearly if you spectate me (bavorak) or wasteman...
I dont wanna say you what to do but imho he should be disqualified from all the V1 championship
Attached files
crasherv1.mpr - 232.8 KB - 172 views
Quote from bavorak :This message is especially for SamH ... I m just racing on your v1 server 1 and there was a "racer" who crashed very often then trying to restart during the race which was impossible so he stopped his FBM right in the first chickane and I crashed him from my first place (I didnt wanna but had no other possibility)...everything is in the replay below...his name was I think wasteman but I m not sure about it....at the end of the replay you will see all the situation clearly if you spectate me (bavorak) or wasteman...
I dont wanna say you what to do but imho he should be disqualified from all the V1 championship

i was racing with Bavorak and yes this guy was a danger to us all , and prior to bavorak connecting he tried to go down the home straight backwards and hit me head on , ut the auto kick came in to force
Thanks guys.. I'll take a look
And I have other question....if I join the race in its middle the first lap time is for example 5 minutes and then you see in your stats that I had bad lap...or dont you?
Quote from bavorak :And I have other question....if I join the race in its middle the first lap time is for example 5 minutes and then you see in your stats that I had bad lap...or dont you?

i imagine that shows as a outlap
again :)
8) Are the laptimes counting when im on V1 practice and I'm alone in the race? Because it looks sometimes like wiped out. Or nobody is racing just watching.

#564 - Eiw
Hello sir!

I want to ask a question about the timetable of the race.if it was asked before in somewhere,please don't mind that.

this timetable below is copied from V1 website,I don't know when will the V1 Q2 and RACE start at the time of Japanese F1 GP and Chinese F1 GP.It seems the Q2 will start at about 5:00am(GMT) and the Race will start at about 8:00am(GMT).

Well that's suitable for me and I don't need to ask off my school but that seems really bad for European racers.

Sunday, before F1 GP race:
Q1 top qualifiers invited to Q2
Sunday, after F1 GP race:
Q2 top qualifiers invited to race

btw I have a little question about the Free Qualifying of Friday.can I just run some laps in anytime on Friday,then leave the server.The systerm will record my fastest lap on server automatically,right?

Sorry for my bad English and my ignorant questions here.

Thanks,
You ask a good question about the Japanese and Chinese race times! Our races follow the coverage of the F1 races on the TV channel called ITV, this year. When the race is at an "unsociable hour", the TV coverage is repeated again in its entirety during the day, and this is the coverage we will be scheduling by. If it's not repeated during the day, we will be racing on Sunday after the race, even if we are only half awake . We are flexible and will do Q2 at the best time to suit the majority of Q1 qualifiers.

Friday qualifying is all day in the UK, so it's from 0:00-23:59 UK time (GMT/UTC+1). You don't need to be there all day, though! Just race at the best time for you. Whatever best time you race, at whatever time that day, will be your qualifying time into Q1. We take each person's best time during that 24hr period

@ JackCY..

8) Here's a run-down of the info captured:-
  1. All races are counted, even if you're on your own.
  2. If you start a race and don't drive the race distance in that race, it counts as a non-finished race.
  3. If you join someone else's race and finish that (say you join on lap 3, drive 3 laps and the race finishes), then the laps that you run are counted for their lap times but your race-completed stat (0.5 of the race) is not counted because you were not on the grid at the start of the race.
9) We are about to change/vary the Practice server race lengths, now that we have changed the way our lap:race weighting system works. This should come into effect this evening. Before we changed the lap count for a race, we needed to ensure that proportionally extra weight/credit was given for a longer race that is started and finished by a driver, in our software.
So V1 Will continue till the end of F1?

Because FBMC Europe ends this weekend.

PS: Mexico FTW!!!
Yep, V1 will continue til the end of the F1 season
Quote from SamH :Yep, this weekend will have a Q1B session starting at 7PM UK time, running for an hour

We are working on releasing news at the moment, but I will need to talk to the guys at shl tomorrow before I can fully release information.

What I can (and I guess need to!) say is that if anyone is in the UK and can get to Rockingham on 16th Sept, then set that day aside for now. We will be emailing all the drivers whose statistics meet our criteria with an invite to psychometric testing. Following that, a small group of candidates will be invited to Rockingham for a day of real-world driver testing.

It is for ONE of the series that we are feeding (not for the Formula BMW) and it does need to be a UK-based driver. Please don't ask me any further questions at the moment because I actually don't have much more information than I've given here. I'm just giving a heads-up about 16th Sept.

Is there a date for the testing to be completed?

Edit: Never mind. Saw the date.
un-realistic times /rant
ok here goes i was on practice server and the mentioning of unrealistic times came up , witch made me think a bit , the guy i was speaking with about it and hes correct to that ( ill explain from my point of view )

for a person who races karts i know that clipping 1 little kerb wrong will / can break/bend the stearing arm quite badly or damage the suspension alot etc . witch bought us upon the topic of the chicane at bl1 , i heard this was going to be blocked off tyres , resticted area i dunno , becasue i did it tonight 3 laps cutting , 3 laps not cutting and i was 0.4 seconds a lap slower each time . if he or she where to do that in a real fbm or any racing veichle the damage you would do to it would be severe enough to retire you from the race . and i dont know if the admins of v1 will take consideration of drivers in the high 1.13 low 1.14 times , i was speaking with a admin on the server a while back and i asked witch drivers will be looked at more , and i got the reply anyone under 1.14 but aliens have a better chance (1.12.5) witch is a bit unfair to the avarge joe who is putting everythig into racing the car properly and setting 1.13.7-1.14.5 witch would be a reaslistic time . even in game i try to look after my car , but ive seen alien drivers suspension state after every race and there damaged and tires are wrecked etc .

there will be a few people here who dissagree with what im trying to say and some who agree , please dont have a fight over it its just my point of view .

Example of wrecking karts ... i was in a race at a track called bullas in spain last season , and the edges of the track were about 2 metres from the wall witch were tractor tyres , and i was slipstreaming some one out of a bend and his engine blew and i couldetn react in time and hit him and veired into a tyre and moved it about 5-6 feet in a go kart , and wrecked the front of the kart .

and then in a enduro race in a different kart , my team mate just hit a kerb wrong and ripped the whole front left wheel off meaning doesent matter what you hit big or small its gunna break if it wants to .

if you think the same or oppose i would like to hear your opinions on this because i think and some may agree this could be what seperates a real driver from some one who can play a game , because no matter how realistic a game is it is still a GAME .
The simple fact of the matter is this: LFS is not real life, and not all the same rules apply. However, the same principle applies; drive as fast as you can within the limits of the environment you are within, regardless of how "realistic" that may be.

But despite this fact, I will point out a few things. a) "Cutting" the chicane gains the tiniest of advantage (less than 0.05 seconds), and since you can get away with it in LFS, people do it. If I could get away with it IRL I'd do it, since a racing driver is always looking for ways to go faster and faster. b) Low 1:12's are still achievable without cutting the chicane.

Check out the following replay's of v1rg0 (Jack) and myself:

http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=33261
http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=10663

In these hotlaps the chicane cutting is minimal to the extent that it would probably be sensible enough in real life, and yet the laptimes are still very quick.

I hear this so called "unrealistic" tag quite often, and sometimes I feel it's an excuse.
Yea, after i saw my damage on last race i started thinking about it too..

The way i see it, no one here, if gets choosed to be driver irl, will drive like it's driving right now, jumping, sliding and using all kerbs, because that would have a great negative impact on the car (fixing and re-doing all the work would cost the team their weekend for example).

This is a simulator though, which is basicly a game, so you have to remember that some things aren't simulated the way they should (i totally agree, irl if we cut the bl1 t1's chicane we would probably wreck the car's suspesion), but this isn't real life, so we can abuse a little more, and give more of ourselfes.

But i don't understand what you mean by unrealistic times.. it's not like a BF1 is pushing the FBM to make those times, it's just the way to go faster, without cheating. If in hotlap mode the lap is valid (1'12.08 is pretty alien-like), then i don't see how 1'12 mid/high pace isn't something normal.
Also, there are quite a few doing them, and almost everyone i saw in V1 used those kerbs and others.
Quote from DaveWS :The simple fact of the matter is this: LFS is not real life, and not all the same rules apply. However, the same principle applies; drive as fast as you can within the limits of the environment you are within, regardless of how "realistic" that may be.

But despite this fact, I will point out a few things. a) "Cutting" the chicane gains the tiniest of advantage (less than 0.05 seconds), and since you can get away with it in LFS, people do it. If I could get away with it IRL I'd do it, since a racing driver is always looking for ways to go faster and faster. b) Low 1:12's are still achievable without cutting the chicane.

Check out the following replay's of v1rg0 (Jack) and myself:

http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=33261
http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=10663

In these hotlaps the chicane cutting is minimal to the extent that it would probably be sensible enough in real life, and yet the laptimes are still very quick.

I hear this so called "unrealistic" tag quite often, and sometimes I feel it's an excuse.

i wasent saying 1.12 is unrealistic , im saying its easyer to do it in a game , cos in rl you wouldent get away with it so well , 1 you would be penalized for cutting , ( not pointing at dave or jack ) 2 i will look for some fottage of one of the first races i did , and show what i mean about the strenth of a veichle beit kart or formula .

EDIT : if i really tried for a hotlap i could probably get in to very low 1.13 or very high 1.12 , my pb over the 6 lap distance is 1.13.28 witch im pleased about , when i started v1 it was 1.15 +
Quote from jwardy :i wasent saying 1.12 is unrealistic , im saying its easyer to do it in a game , cos in rl you wouldent get away with it so well , 1 you would be penalized for cutting , ( not pointing at dave or jack ) 2 i will look for some fottage of one of the first races i did , and show what i mean about the strenth of a veichle beit kart or formula .

You're not racing in real life though, you're racing in LFS, so you can forget about the potential consequences of cutting the chicane for the time being and get on with racing. Dave's point is valid: Just because you can't do it in a kart doesn't mean you can't do it in LFS, and conversely, just because you can do it in LFS doesn't mean it would be wise in a Formula BMW. I imagine real-life racing drivers have to make risk-assessment decisions like that too.
#574 - Eiw
If the car(no matter in real-life or sim)could go faster by clipping all the kerb,and it could last to the race ending with a decent conditon,so you sould do it with no doubt,unless you have a problem on budget that couldn't repair the suspensions and so on.

when you're driving kart or formula,It's obvious that you'll find some kerb cannot be used with this car or the current setting.just after you've cliped it once or it looks like very dangerous to clip.that's not a real problem imo.

btw,which server is the Free Qualifying server? the V1 Practice #1 ?
Thanks,sir!
well imo, if this was real life, i wouldnt do it, simply because its such a small advantage, and there is damage involved. even though there is a small advantage in cutting, if you dont do it proprely, then there is consequenses. you would lose more time than you gained, even if you werent cutting. i dont see why people complain about 'cutting', as dave said racing drivers look for any advantage they can get, whether it be mentally, phisically or time wise. when i was driving a small fwd, much like the xfg (suzuki swift), i was hopping most of the kerbs at the chicane, but some kerbs were slower to ride; ones that you took flat out, although if the car had a locked diff it probably would have been faster.. the point im trying to make here, is that its up to the driver whether they wanna take a risk for such a small time improvement - its only in one sector remember - and if its deemed illegal by officials then im sure everyone would stop, but i cant see how such a insignificant 'cut' could be deemed illegal. i think its actually slower the more you put the car off the track anyway because of the way the diff is..

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG