The online racing simulator
I wanted to watch it as well
Lol, thats rather gay.com :mad:
So it's your fault Z :O

:bananadea

Burn him
I'm off. :moped:

hehe.. you guys!

We had decided that we would hold off the results until the broadcast is ready, which we're aiming to get done by midweek. Since you guys are interested to know, though, we will post the replay on the v1racer.com website. We've agreed that next race, we will make absolutely sure that it's up and available on Remote.
makes sense, because you cann't deny the server-infos on lfsworld and so everybody, who is interested enough will find the results directly after the race (and the standings during it)
oh ye...
it was a great race and I wanna say one big THANKS to Sam who checked qualification times once again and allow me to race I hope I wasnt so bad not to race

it´s a shame that I wont participate next race coz I will be on holiday
Quote from SamH :Yep, be *pretty darn fast*, and also persistent and consistent in LFS.

There are other ways into motorsports, but all of them require significant financial input. That's not our area, though, and others will be able to advise you on club-level, karting etc. The point, with V1, is to extend the opportunity to everyone regardless of financial status. If you do have money, though, there is always an alternative way.

Everyone HAS the opportunity to get money to go racing if they REALLY wanted to. This is why I fundamentally believe V1 will not find a racer with the right attitude to be successful. In fact, if their tests are good, what they might find is someone who already has extensive experience in real motorsport anyway.

good luck anyway
Round two coming up, goodluck people Remember you don't have to have the fastest time to get into a real racecar. Only the right attitude and mentality will earn you those spots

:edit: Although the proper attitude will likely have a side effect of quickish laptimes =)
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Round two coming up, goodluck people Remember you don't have to have the fastest time to get into a real racecar. Only the right attitude and mentality will earn you those spots

:edit: Although the proper attitude will likely have a side effect of quickish laptimes =)

just aswell cos i cant get below 1.13.73 so i have good attitude , I have faith in me i can do this that good enough.

well gl to all drivers for the next round.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Round two coming up, goodluck people Remember you don't have to have the fastest time to get into a real racecar. Only the right attitude and mentality will earn you those spots

lol the proper attitude would have you making sacrfices to go race for real now and not hope one day u might get a lucky break in a sim
Dude, why don't you just go find another thread and stop trolling around in this one and just let all the guys who want to talk about V1 without your 'expert advice'.
Quote from Intrepid :lol the proper attitude would have you making sacrfices to go race for real now and not hope one day u might get a lucky break in a sim

I realise that you're very dismissive of the idea behind V1, Alan, and you clearly have your ideas about what will and will not work in the translation from V1 to real life.

Nevertheless, Alan, I prefer to listen to the opinions of people who are actually IN the formula motorsports business. No disrespect to you, but whatever you believe, these people clearly have a lot of faith in what V1 is trying to achieve and they are placing a lot of expectation and A LOT OF MONEY in it.

You are coming off as a bit of a troll, Alan, and given the support from the industry, a silly one at that.
I think his attitude could be a good example of a poor attitude
Hey, I am here adding some balance to the thread, and a reality check. I champion sim racing within the whole motorsport community and I can tell 90% of the 'industry' are very dismissive of sims in terms of 'finding' talent. I don't always agree with that.

Some of the 'industry' may be investing money into V1, but that is mainly based on the TV Coverage this program is promised to get I am sure.

Fortec are taking a punt, and have persuaded a few people to jump on board. Fair play to them. I can't argue that it is worth a shot. But I naturally question how credible they are when they state the winner of V1 could jump straight into S1 karting. For one that is not possible due to the licencing regulations, and two the driver would be destroyed. In fact I think it would be a mistake for Fortec to take the driver into karting, and would be better of going straight into BMW where the pressure, and expectations will be lower...

But from what I have experienced personally a pure simmer does not encompass the attitude, and mentality to compete at the highest levels. The reason for this is because people that 'have what it takes' will do ANYTHING to race for real. There in lies the inherent problem.

Using the word troll is only because you wish to discredit my points without arguement. Just giving balance to the thread that's all. You have to have balance.

I am sure Jay Marshall is more than man enough to read my points and take them on board.

Just wish Sinbad entered. By FAR the best sim racer I have ever had the pleasure to race. HE IS DA MAN! If there is one simmer i think could make it it's him.
Quote from Intrepid :Some of the 'industry' may be investing money into V1, but that is mainly based on the TV Coverage this program is promised to get I am sure.

Wrong, right there. And that could and should be the end of the story.

V1 is about finding genuine talent wherever it is, and it is about giving that genuine talent an opportunity that would not NECESSARILY present itself otherwise. The fact is that V1 wants to reach more people via TV, and increase exposure to the project and become stronger in future seasons, but it is not for the reasons you've decided in your head. You have made your assumptions, but you've made the wrong assumptions Alan, despite the fact that it's been stated many times already. That's the fact of the matter.
To an extent I can agree with the points Intrepid is making, the quickest drivers seem to be doing stuff that would kill the car in real life.
Quote from Mike Bingo :To an extent I can agree with the points Intrepid is making, the quickest drivers seem to be doing stuff that would kill the car in real life.

I think that's why they have to pass mental and physical tests aswell as practicing with Fortec's sim aswell as getting pointers by professionals.

They don't just jump in the car and race, they test, practice, get help from pro's on how to go easier on the car but still go fast.
I understand that but from the race replay I've just seen the only driver that came out of the race with any integrity was the guy that finished last because he didn't straight line the chicane after turn 1
Yep, the LFS portion is the first stage in a 3-stage process. The important part of this stage is that access to it is easy.

A lot of real-world racing drivers have now been through the Fortec simulator, and without exception the relative correlation between LFS simulator and real-world driver performance has been a precise match. Barring real-world physical forces (including the G25 pedal forces, which don't push back hard enough), the FBM's behaviour in LFS has been very much complimented by all those drivers (kudos to Scawen) and it is regarded as an excellent introduction to the real-life Formula BMW.

But yes.. LFS is the first stage. The 2nd stage, psychometrics, cannot be underestimated. SHL tested the Seat Cupra Cup drivers at the beginning of the season and predicted 70% of the field at the end of the season. The third stage will, of course be conclusive. Nobody who wins through ALL stages and gets a drive next year will be a half-wit, you can rest assured of that.

@ Mike, this is the beginning of the season. There's a long way to go yet, and when we declare that the edge of the track is the white line rather than the curb, that will become the edge of the track. Right now, we're treating the curb as part of the track. Drivers' ability to adapt to small changes are an integral aspect of this phase of the driver selection process.
Sam, could you tell us a litte bit more about what the psychometric training involves and how many people get through to this stage?
Quote from jaws99 :Sam, could you tell us a litte bit more about what the psychometric training involves and how many people get through to this stage?

The psychometric test is actually an online questionnaire, AFAIK. I don't honestly know much more about it than that. We're still a long way from psychometrics yet, and towards the end of the LFS competition I'm sure I'll know much more about the next stage to be able to report
I actually did one, i think it was anyway, on the site back when V1 was first announced. It's basically tick boxes and the questions are simple. It just defines what type of person you are from the looks of it.

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG