The online racing simulator
Quote from Bawbag :Ouch, seems I missed the Friday pre qual thing, the words I got from an admin on the server was the 2 weeks before was the "pre qual".... doh.

Good luck to anyone driving.

He he, I've also found out to late how the qualification would proceed. Well I've been busy lately and wouldn't have done well anyway. See us on a V1 server
Quote from Kdovi :I didn't expect to make it to today's qual and just checked my email a minute ago.
Remarkable fail!

Indeed.
I did only 5 laps yesterday at 23:50, then i found email in my trash 15 mins before end of quali. So i quickly went on server and finally did lap under 1:14. Wohoo!...
The other night someone sent me a setup on the V1 server and I would like to say thank you. Sir I'm not sure what you're name is but you made me go 3/4 of a second quicker and for that I thank you.
I couldent make it to tadays event , my internet was down from last night till late afternoon today , is there some other way i can get some official laps in ?
i really dont want to miss out
regards
Jack
Quote from jwardy :I couldent make it to tadays event , my internet was down from last night till late afternoon today , is there some other way i can get some official laps in ?
i really dont want to miss out
regards
Jack

Me too.
The weekend races are honestly only really to add some structure and some competition, for those that CAN race at weekends. I just got off the phone with Jay a few minutes ago, and he has again reiterated that this competition is for everyone and anyone who wants a chance at a racing career, including those people who have saturday jobs, or have to go visit relatives at the weekend etc. Not being able to make an event at a weekend will have absolutely no bearing on your chances of getting noticed. As well as our weekend winners, we are looking for many, many others who will go through to the next round.

What V1 are looking for specifically, you can do at any time during the week, by racing in one of the practice servers. Put lots of laps in, try to drive quickly but try to drive consistently and finish as many of the races you start as possible. These are the things that V1 are looking for.. and the statistics that will be examined in close detail by Jay and the V1 panel are being collected for every lap that you drive while on one of the V1 servers.

The weekend races are a bit of a fast track, sure.. but nobody who can't make them will be excluded from an equal chance at being offered the chance to move to the next round.
Could some one setup a unofficial V1 server with more that 12 slots , because there would be more than 12 drivers in a real race right ?
got through again !
Is it 10:45AM UK time?
Will the races be put on youtube or anything like that?
Quote from DevilDare :got through again !
Is it 10:45AM UK time?

Yep, 10:45AM UK time, or 9:45AM UTC. You should already have an email in your inbox with information about the qualification period tomorrow
Quote from Mike Bingo :Will the races be put on youtube or anything like that?

They'll be on racingi.com and I'm sure they'll be on v1racer.com, and I'm sure they'll make their way onto Youtube etc too
Lovely jubbly
where the f%$k is sinbad? Where are you lad???? You'll tear these kids up!!!

Vincper is gonna walk this, it's almost pointless running a championship! just look at LFSWorld!
i know and btw, is it only 1 guy that gets the seat? Cos if it is, than Vincper should be relaxed waiting for 2009 to start racing
Pff, I pitty the 2 of you tbh. no faith in your fellow brits. *Sends e-slaps*

There are 4 slots btw and it's not just pace that counts.
Quote from DevilDare :i know and btw, is it only 1 guy that gets the seat? Cos if it is, than Vincper should be relaxed waiting for 2009 to start racing

Apart from the fact that no competition with these sort of prizes is ever going to be easy, there are also alot of further tests that come up after the LFS part of the championship is done.

You can be pretty sure that every single phase of this compeititon is going to be tough.
Good Luck
http://bmw-motorsport.com/ms/en/index.html

1 Josef Kaufmann Racing 291

2 Eifelland Racing 149

3 Fisichella Motor Sport International 149

4 Double R Racing 147

5 Eurointernational 108

6 Fortec Motorsport Ltd. 69

7 Mücke Motorsport 59

8 DAMS Team 40

9 AM-Holzer Rennsport 21

10 Motaworld Racing 5
Quote from benjimc :pff, I Pitty The 2 Of You Tbh. No Faith In Your Fellow Brits. *sends E-slaps*

There Are 4 Slots Btw And It's Not Just Pace That Counts.

+1
Cannot get onto V1 Practice Servers
Hi guys - I registered for V1 yesterday & put in afew laps yesterday dinnertime, I lost connection in a race and have not been able to get back onto any V1 server since. Any info/advice appreciated - Cheers.
Actually IIRC laptime is only a very small part of whats being looked at so anyone could in theory get the seat, not just the kids that have spent a million miles on LFS learning every square millimeter of blackwood.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Actually IIRC laptime is only a very small part of whats being looked at so anyone could in theory get the seat, not just the kids that have spent a million miles on LFS learning every square millimeter of blackwood.

What he said .
Good to see the hosts are connected to the insim relay now so we can spectate on lfsremote.
That was eventful to say the least.

I'm glad there's another round to try again because I was very poor, think the pressure got to me a bit
Quote from Intrepid :where the f%$k is sinbad? Where are you lad???? You'll tear these kids up!!!

Vincper is gonna walk this, it's almost pointless running a championship! just look at LFSWorld!

I m quite sure that if Trismo (lfsw nick schabram) would race then vincper wont get victory for sure....
and also vincper can make fatal mistake on the track...there isnt racer all over the world who would be able to win every race

when will the race start? after F1 race? what exactly time is it?
what are characteristics of the race? I mean laps, wind, weather, pitstops
wtf???? i had time 1-12-91 and I was on server with mazdarati and benjiMC who both raced 1-13-04 and they are invited to race and I m not??? where is the point of this decision?

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG