The online racing simulator
After some memory jogging from Jack I remembered that this session I mentioned was on default set, with R2s, I think Dave done a 13.3 or 4 and me and Jack on the 13.81 and 89, now that I remeber coming last i'm booking an apointment with Jay tommorow to get some revenge!
Quote from Bawbag :i'm booking an apointment with Jay tommorow to get some revenge!

Nice stories guys.
Sounds like it was really great fun and next time bring your setups on USB stick and you know what to do about pictures
Someone badly needs to get a quote from Mr Kovawhatshisname about LFS and what he thought of it. Glad to hear you all had a great day, the rest of the LFS community are probably very jealous of you, I know I am!
Apparantly "he loved it".
Quote from DaveWS :Apparantly "he loved it".

Should bribe him to say he would quit F1 just to play LFS all day.
And the winner is decided by arm wrestling to found out who has the strongest right arm.
any news?
bumpity bumpity bump
I havn't heard anything since so I guess if there is any new it will be posted in here.
Quote from Clownpaint : A lot of the emphasis at the moment appears to be on gaining a better understanding of the parallels between simulators and reality as well as developing a concrete system to rate real driver ability using simulators.

makes sense, teams in f1 are always saying that the hard part of using a windtunnel is cementing the correlation between the results they provide and real life track results, i'd assume that the same applies between driving in a sim and how you perform on track, i've tried a RAF Hawk simulator and i was quite happy to try things without a flying licence on it that i'm sure i personally wouldn't dream of doing even if i had the ability of a cross between yeager, johnson, galland and richtofen ( more like ripped open in my case ). anyone can try to run on the limit in a sim but it's a bit different if when you hit something you could end up in hospital rather than just resetting the car.
Quote from Jakg :yay!

"To compete in V1 you must possess a level of physical fitness equivalent to…
…doing fifty press-ups in one minute
…doing forty sit-ups in one minute
…playing five-a-side football at maximum effort for fifteen minutes
If successful at this stage, we will fully evaluate your fitness at subsequent stages of the process."

I'm now applying, even though i doubt i'll get anywhere. For all those who CBA to click the link you need to upload a hotlap of the FBM at Blackwood and fill in a form.

EDIT - http://www.racingi.com/view_vi ... wkey=a167a5a36dedd4bea254 - Scawen + FBM + Cut Up G25 + HUGE Screen.

I like the way they have set-up the projector image on the wall, the way they have made the wheels actually look like they are on the side but, it doesn't look as if the image is actually curved.
I have been thinking of setting up a simulator like this but never seen this achieved, how would I be able to achieve this as I want a single seater simulator setup but not the curve as that would be a bit to expensive and take abit to much room up.
Would it be better to use the exact dimensions of a single seater pod (Seat leading down to the nose, don't think 'pod' is the right word) or design my own because I dont want it looking unrealistic, off topic but just asking

Cheers/
Quote from Mazz4200 :

+ our man Scawen can be seen in the full promo vid (get a haircut, hippy!)

LOL
well, so any news?

FBMW Championship starts this weekend
Hay all.

Well thats an excellent story. Well Done to Dave, Jack and Ray. Sounds cracking.

Any news from Jay or have you scared him off with your uba speeds in a sim

And whats this "Car that Scawen crashes" didn't see that in Scawens promo vid HA HA

Come on peeps, we need an update
I thought it was on the video of Scawen testing the FBMW? Or atleast what he done to the front wing.....

I havn't heard anything from Jay since we were down in Daventry, so i'm in just as much dark as you guys....
V1 Racer is an interesting project. I do think a simulator can gauge if people have some talent for driving.

HOWEVER, V1 Racer has a problem. They are trying to find someone who otherwise would not have had the opportunity otherwise to race.

But everyone has the opportunity to race. If you can afford a decent PC, and Internet connection to race online you have the means to go racing! You can go race karts for example, and if you don't want to race karts there are other options.

YES it requires MANY sacrifices, and a TON of dedication to race but that's what you need. And if you haven't got enough money... get a second job. If racing means that much to someone they WILL do it. IN MY OPINION if you are not racing now for real you don't have enough dedication that V1 will be looking for.

The only drivers that have enough dedication and passion for real racing are well... racing! You can't MAKE someone dedicated...
Wow... Fantastic opinion.
Lol, if it was that easy, then we wouldn't be playing LFS.
Well it isn't easy... but you can go and race for real if it meant that much to you. Whatever I think about Tristan's car racing class he has to probably work pretty hard to do his 15 mins of practise and 15 minds of racing.

V1 are looking for someone who loves racing but has never had the opportunity... but anyone that REALLY LOVES to race WILL FIND A WAY now today! The person they are looking for would ALREADY be racing, that's point!
I can't even begin to point out in how many ways these statements are naive and irrational...
please begin....
Quote from Intrepid :If you can afford a decent PC, and Internet connection to race online you have the means to go racing! You can go race karts for example,

How did you get into karting, Alan? I mean, have you paid for each of the competitions you've entered or did you have a family member foot the bill for you? How would you recommend a kid raise enough money for a drive in karts if he's too young to legally work?

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG