The online racing simulator

Great to hear I know what you mean by not being able to concentrate after work, a little gym time would help that... though I don't go to the gym myself to help hold concentration better, but it does help tremendously.
I have the same problem , i finish work most nights at 9 pm , get home for 10 and have no want to play lfs but i have 1 week off so lfs mania here i come ...
LOL Intrepid.

You're saying that because I bought a pc for 700$ (not exclusivly for LFS or sim racing), a steering wheel for 60$ and my dad got me one for 300$. That I am not really devoted to racing? Just because I got that? Karting costs 10k in Canadian $. You're comparing 1000$ to 10 000$? Even if I worked my ass off I wouldn't make 10k in a year. And you think my parents can pull out 10k? First of all, my parents are divorced and make just enough money for the 3 of us to live properly. Now if you manage to tell me how I can get into karting with this money, I'll owe you big. I don't care how much you tell me to work, I know it's nearly impossible. (Just no dropping out of school to work -_-)
He will say to sell everything you have, and leave school and start racing.. oh and committment
Quote from evilpimp :LOL Intrepid.

You're saying that because I bought a pc for 700$ (not exclusivly for LFS or sim racing), a steering wheel for 60$ and my dad got me one for 300$. That I am not really devoted to racing? Just because I got that? Karting costs 10k in Canadian $. You're comparing 1000$ to 10 000$? Even if I worked my ass off I wouldn't make 10k in a year. And you think my parents can pull out 10k? First of all, my parents are divorced and make just enough money for the 3 of us to live properly. Now if you manage to tell me how I can get into karting with this money, I'll owe you big. I don't care how much you tell me to work, I know it's nearly impossible. (Just no dropping out of school to work -_-)

I hear that a lot mate to be honest, and if didn't see on a day to day basis people in your situation racing I would agree with you.

Do you go to the race tracks? Ask if you can help to be a flag marshall on weekends to get yourself involved and maybe earn some extra cash? Do ask drivers if they need help so you can start to learn about the mechanics of a kart?

You obviously have enough spare time to put in "41281 Ml" of racing online!!!! TIME IS MONEY!

OK so you might be too young to get a full time job, but you could start saving NOW for the future. I naturally presume this is what you are doing???

Your problem is you go

"I need $10k for a years karting. That's a lot of money so I won't even try!"

My advice is

Get involved with racers at your local track, MAKE your OWN OPPORTUNITIES, and start saving... only if it means that much to you though If not keep simming
I hope we get a clean slate for this part of the competition. Last time i let my frustrations get the better of me . I think a more mature approach to this would stand me in good stead this time around.
I just hope I get my times right.
Quote from Intrepid :With all the gimmick programs in the past you would forgive them for being slightly sceptical. Also it's very hard to justify spending around £500+ on a sim set up. Free??? I think not!

Steering wheel and pedals: £75, LFS S2: £24, The fact that it does not add up to £500... Priceless

There are some things that do not add up to £500, for everything else there's intelligence to not waste £500 on something that would otherwise have cost you £99. :rolleyes:
Quote from JO53PHS :Steering wheel and pedals: £75, LFS S2: £24, The fact that it does not add up to £500... Priceless

There are some things that do not add up to £500, for everything else there's intelligence to not waste £500 on something that would otherwise have cost you £99. :rolleyes:

i think he was include the cost of the pc in the £500
Quote from JasonL220 :i think he was include the cost of the pc in the £500

Still a PC can be used for more things than letting your bum sit 1mm away from concrete =) Top of that £500 with a PC can last years, while that same amount in a kart is one bad weekend and all you would have to show for it are the broken parts sitting in the trunk.
this isent a pc thread this is the v1 champiochip thread , please try and keep this on topic
Sam could you count me out of this weekends qualifying/racing I'm actually racing my kart on sunday so wouldn't be able to make the race if I got through.

Hope this doesn't count me out of the whole competition though Good luck all!
Quote from JasonL220 :i think he was include the cost of the pc in the £500

They will most likely already have a computer
Quote from jaws99 :Sam could you count me out of this weekends qualifying/racing I'm actually racing my kart on sunday so wouldn't be able to make the race if I got through.

Hope this doesn't count me out of the whole competition though Good luck all!

You should be ok =)
Going to be superexciting to watch this competition! Great that it eventually became international as well, very tight among the top 5/10 drivers there i guess

Best of luck to all!
Can i ask admins, if they can, to re-send me mail with password for Q2 again please? I accidentaly deleted it with other spam.
A great qualifying session - great times, and the sharp end of the field is impressive to say the least! We're currently working on the race invites, so they'll be with the appropriate 12 shortly.

After watching over the sessions this weekend I would like to reiterate one point: this championship is not just about raw pace. I've seen a few drivers sounding a little disheartened because they're not in the top X of the field. Pace is one way to be noticed, but there are more ways than just that.

The practice servers are open, and each V1 Event gives you another chance to shine.

Back to today, we're looking at a promising grid and there the potential for great racing. Thee race will start at 15:20 (GMT+1).

Full race details, entrants list and LFS Remote password here:
http://www.v1championship.com/s1r2r1.asp

Why did we set an access password? We want to see how many people are interested in the LFS Remote feed, and if it's worth our while setting it up.
thats the last time i use an alarm clock to get me up , it went off at 12.30 , 15 mins to go on qually , so i rushed on and did 6 laps and did a 1.13.71 but i know that aint gunna be good enough , there isent a second qually like yesturday no ?
No, the 2nd event today is the race, however this doesn't stop you entering the next event.

As said in my post - you can't say that a 1x.xx isn't good enough. Hotlapping is one thing, but making it stick for a full race is quite another.
LFS Remote Password
Hi guys - The password provided for LFS Remote doesnt seem to work, and ideas? Cheers
Quote from neilmichaelcasey :Hi guys - The password provided for LFS Remote doesnt seem to work, and ideas? Cheers

Only the first letter is big, the others are small. Took me 3 tries to find that out, too.
nice 1 thx
awwwwww
awwwww?

We just had this week's race.. amazing battle!
Quote from chanoman315 :awwwwww

???

Doesnt seem to have a pass for today? I like that. Gunna be following it on remote.

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG