The online racing simulator
V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
V1 Championship
Taken from LFS main site:

'The story behind the new car is that there is a new UK based company called V1 Championship whose aim is to discover a new racing driver through a series of tests resulting in a place in a team for the winning driver. V1 will be launched in 2008 and shown on TV in the UK. Live for Speed will be used as part of the selection process, before testing in real cars. V1 asked us to create a Formula BMW to make this test as realistic as possible. BMW Motorsport gave us permission to build the car in LFS, so we went ahead and built it.'

I am trying to find out more about this selection process & whether us mere mortals can enter this competition or not?

I googled V1 Championship & there is a site but its restricted access?? Anyone have any info on this?
They have not yet begun, that's why the website is still private.

What it is and how it works you'll have to see when they go live. I'm sure when it's that time there'll be posts about it here, or we might also post a news item even.
I think it will start soon, probably Q1 of this year. But who knows

The site is passworded as are most shows like this in their initial stage. That is purely for press-only access.

Shame though that there is no information to be found anywhere else on the net
Yeah, Victor please keep us posted on this talent search competition. I'm very interested in starting in FBMW as I'm spending a ton of time practicing with your car .
but .. you're in egypt? They'll only accept UK applicants. They'll be looking for someone who can and is willing to drop everything and start racing full time, in the UK.

If you're still enthusiastic you might wanna plan your trip home (or close to) soon
wow sounds cool to me
Will they accept people who move / willing to move aww my chances are gone >
I think that Formula BMW series are only for 13yo-18yo guys isnt it? ... So you 18+yo guys keep waiting for the chance
I didn't know that either- so that totally killed it for me even more... Oh well I guess.
As much as I think it's a cool idea... there are already 500-1000 young karters who exist already in the UK who devote their life, and a whole load of investment to racing. And there's ones who don't even have enough investment but still manage.

So it's not really to find a good driver, and someone who is committed because they already exist right now. It's definitely more about self-promotion than anything else, which I have nothing against by the way. That's how F BMW, F Renault, F3 etc.... work...

Interesting to see how the competition will develop and what they are actually offering... are they offering a drive for a year? free testing, and racing?
Quote from chanoman315 :I think that Formula BMW series are only for 13yo-18yo guys isnt it? ... So you 18+yo guys keep waiting for the chance

Is that right ? Argh bollocks, thought this may have been my big chance you kids have it so easy these days yunno.
Just skimmed it but there doesn't appear to be any upper age limit, and i'm assuming the V1-LFS-TV prog connection will take care of the license requirements and other such technicalities.

Interesting ....Which one's the FBM again ?
Aw UK only id be willing to drop everything in Australia to race in the UK i mean thats commitment right there.
And i mean come on a few international drivers never hurt anyone especially if its an Aussie.
It woulnd't just be tyhe Uk itr would be the whole of Europe. There isn;t a UK championship anymore it's European wide... i think
Quote from Intrepid :It woulnd't just be tyhe Uk itr would be the whole of Europe. There isn;t a UK championship anymore it's European wide... i think

Germany has its own championship.. and Fortec Racin i think they race in there too... so why not all europe
not from next year. The German and UK championships are merging to do a European Championship.

"Formula BMW has since expanded to encompass four championships across three continents. The German series was followed by a south-east Asian championship in 2003,[6] and series in the United Kingdom and the United States were launched the following year.[7] The UK and German championships will be merged into a new pan-European series in 2008."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_BMW
SamH should join.
Quote from Leprekaun :Yeah, Victor please keep us posted on this talent search competition. I'm very interested in starting in FBMW as I'm spending a ton of time practicing with your car .

Quote from Victor :but .. you're in egypt? They'll only accept UK applicants. They'll be looking for someone who can and is willing to drop everything and start racing full time, in the UK.

If you're still enthusiastic you might wanna plan your trip home (or close to) soon

unlucky lep. looks like you're just gonna have to go back to F1
Quote from Victor :but .. you're in egypt? They'll only accept UK applicants. They'll be looking for someone who can and is willing to drop everything and start racing full time, in the UK.

Well, luckily , my dad was talking about moving back so there is hope and of course, you can tell them on my behalf that I definitely live in Ireland much surprise to the fact that I put Cairo, Egypt as my location but just placing a fake location .
#22 - Jakg
Quote from Dalek0220 :SamH should join.

ahahahaha. The meer thought of them trying to squeeze Sam into a FBM amuses me.

*Pit Mechanics* - We need a giant Shoe Horn, we cannea fit all of him in!
i'm sorry to let you know lep, but the dead sea is not in Ireland. you don't live in Ireland. remember you went karting in Egypt a few weeks ago? you also go to school there.
Seesh ... Lep won an (SGPA - I.E. Worthless) Grand Prix

I don't think there was a maximum age for UK FBMW, but if you ever held an international licence over a certain grade you aren't eligable.
Quote from duke_toaster :
I don't think there was a maximum age for UK FBMW, but if you ever held an international licence over a certain grade you aren't eligable.

there is man.... its for young talents.. not "oldies"

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG