The online racing simulator
Ooh, I thought I was in with a chance until they mentioned mental and physical health analysis. I guess I won't get far, seeing as how I'm incredibly unfit and, lets face it, nuts. I spend about three-quarters of my time sitting down and I took so many drugs as a teenager I've only got about three brain cells left.
#52 - DeKo
Im guessing being 6 foot 3 is a bit too big to wedge into one of these cars aye?
thats different. he's using a real dashboard that obstructs his vision.
Damn it! I just spent the best part of two hours filling in the form only for the site to tell me that I have failed to meet the minimum criteria.
The most annoying thing is that it does not tell me which criteria I have failed on??

**sends e-mail to jay**
The minimum requirement is that you fill everything to the maximum and you're no older than 18
I signed up, can't remember what it said but it was just something like "Thanks for registering"....

Btw, what's the hotlap page about for blackwood in the FBM, do we have to do this or is it just something there without a real reason?
Quote from Bawbag :Btw, what's the hotlap page about for blackwood in the FBM, do we have to do this or is it just something there without a real reason?

It's not mandatory and it is open to anyone, but the website says "the V1 officials will use it to assess final applications", whatever that means ?. I guess if they've got a couple of borderline cases for the final 12 they'll have a look at the replays and see who looks like they might have a bit of potential, and not stuff it into the nearest wall at the first corner.

BTW, Lep's the quickest so far, even quicker than DaveWS :eye-poppi
Quote from Victor : They'll only accept UK applicants. They'll be looking for someone who can and is willing to drop everything and start racing full time, in the UK.

DAMMIT
Quote from Intrepid :The minimum requirement is that you fill everything to the maximum and you're no older than 18

Where does it say that?

Quote from Bawbag :
Btw, what's the hotlap page about for blackwood in the FBM, do we have to do this or is it just something there without a real reason?

Its on the V1 website & yes they will look at your replay. Infact I think that is Scawen's job.
If I, being from the U.S., were to submit a lap time/replay to the V1Racer site, would it be removed?

Not that I would.
Niko's lap is already there for several days and it hasn't been removed yet.
Quote from zeugnimod :Niko's lap is already there for several days and it hasn't been removed yet.

And by judging by your comment, Niko is not from UK?

maybe i should submit a lap?
Quote from Bawbag :I signed up, can't remember what it said but it was just something like "Thanks for registering"....

i think you have to that hotlap, and the top 10 will have a test to try irl (i think) and the winner gets the seat of the fbm.... i bet you will win... and then you are gonna be in formula 1 good luck
When the mainstream public get hold of this LFS will go f**king crazy!

I have applied but I had to lie about my age, apparently 26 is to old. I have a feeling that someone from the LFS community is going to get very famous but it won't be me
Quote from legoflamb :And by judging by your comment, Niko is not from UK?

Yes, sorry, I thought you know him. It's LFSn00b. He's from Finland.

I don't see much sense in submitting a lap there if you have no chance of winning, though. You can rather use LFSW.
25 is too old too =) Apparently I am already past my prime and need to find another hobby...
#68 - MR_B
For Jesus Christ's Sake There Is No Upper Limit. ?
who says, both me 29 & viper 25 have been turned down?
Quote from zeugnimod :Yes, sorry, I thought you know him. It's LFSn00b. He's from Finland.

I don't see much sense in submitting a lap there if you have no chance of winning, though. You can rather use LFSW.

Oh now that you mention LFSn00b,I recognize the name Niko.

I submitted my info, but it said "sorry you do not meet the requirements for V1 Champion" or something of that sort.

/me cries in corner in the fetal position.............
Quote from anttt69 :who says, both me 29 & viper 25 have been turned down?

Would also make sense...

When I just say "return on investment", do I have to explain?
Quote from bbman :Would also make sense...

That and isn't it by age 22 your reactions start slowing down?
Quote from bbman :Would also make sense...

to what are you referring?
Quote from anttt69 :to what are you referring?

to become a competitive racing driver, you will require immense amounts of support. IMMENSE AMOUNTS. And this obviously costs immense amounts of money. However, racing drivers reach the zenith of their carreer pretty early. As Viper already pointed out, from an age of around 22 to 25 your reactions will get slower and slower again when they're not constantly challenged, and most drivers reach the end of their carreer around 30. That is, if you really are able to advance into the higher series. So, when V1 employ and support a driver of age 16, they will much more likely succeed in pushing him up into higher and higher series than they will when they hire a driver that is, lets say, 23 years old.

And that is the return of investment factor.

Edit: Scawen, thanks for the shot of the track editor, really nice to see some of the tools you work with every day. Talking about that, what development environment do you use? or is it just notepad and gcc?

damn, how I'd love to get a hand onto this track editor
Quote from Clownpaint :I got turned down, being 19. I guess 18 is the limit, even though I couldn't find it printed anywhere on the V1 site.

Its because your from Ecuador, as that is what is says under your avatar. You have to be a resident of the UK.

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG