The online racing simulator
Quote from jwardy :This may have been my last race , i go back to work tomorrow ( holiday ) i cant make next week and god knows when i can make the next one .

Remember that V1 doesn't end with LFS. It only begins with LFS. It ends with us knowing a lot more about you and the other V1 candidates - your personal circumstances, your interest in the sport, your willingness to dedicate to a career in motorsports, whereabouts your stomach is at 130mph in real life, and many other factors. In the great scheme of V1 things, these weekend races are almost purely for fun. Not making it into the 12 invited to the race is not as important as you might think. As long as you tried, we'll know that you tried and that is the only thing that is important at this point. There is so much more to come.
Quote from bavorak :no I dont have other nick...bavorak is my only one

okey but now I missed other race...will it be enough for me if I race only 5 races (also if I will be good enough for you) and if i will race blgp fbm on your server all the day from morning to evening?
I raced just one race till now because i didnt have time for more...has it sense to try something more or should I give ti up? I wanna know i have just a bit theoretical chance to get to the real fbm....i dont really know because if you make an agreement with admins that you will take people who are racing times 1-14 then you take just them to real world and mine 1-12-80 is nothing against them as I can see from your words

Let me just aswer by saying that you ARE ON the radar. We see you. No, you didn't get invited to race this weekend.. but don't place any emphasis on that. Your statistics so far are good. You are consistent. You don't spend much time crashing. You have nothing to worry about.
so if i understand well if I m practicing on your servers a lot and not even get into the race, I still have chance? strange but you are telling rules here and we must do what you want and as you want it and do our best if we wanna succeed
Quote from bavorak :so if i understand well if I m practicing on your servers a lot and not even get into the race, I still have chance? strange but you are telling rules here and we must do what you want and as you want it and do our best if we wanna succeed

Yes, you still have a chance! As it says on the website, quoted below, and has been said many times on the V1Racer.com forums..
Quote from http://www.v1championship.com/howv1works.asp :Drivers are assessed not just on overall speed, but on consistency and involvement. Ultimately, the most promising and impressive racers will pass to the next round of testing.

If you are involved and trying hard, that is all that is needed
thats more like it , cos yes i do want to take my carrer in motorsports further , i dont want to work on a golf course forever.
Quote from jwardy :thats more like it , cos yes i do want to take my carrer in motorsports further , i dont want to work on a golf course forever.

and who here doesnt want to?

everybody wants...but it is just up to admins who will go...not just about your skill as we can see
Quote from bavorak :and who here doesnt want to?

everybody wants...but it is just up to admins who will go...not just about your skill as we can see

i have more skills in a real veichle , sim racing i only do it because i cant affoard real racing , like everyone here . but as u say its up to the admins
Quote from jwardy :i have more skills in a real veichle , sim racing i only do it because i cant affoard real racing , like everyone here . but as u say its up to the admins

I have driving licence just half a year but I have driven quite a lot and many cars so I have some real driving skill too...but lfs is for me the game which is very realistic and where I can race on limit of physical possibilities and then I dont need to race on street so much :mrgreen:
Quote from bavorak :I have driving licence just half a year but I have driven quite a lot and many cars so I have some real driving skill too...but lfs is for me the game which is very realistic and where I can race on limit of physical possibilities and then I dont need to race on street so much :mrgreen:

lol , i dont have a Driving licence ( only 16 ) so sim racing is as i said my next option where i can drive cars .
Quote from jwardy :lol , i dont have a Driving licence ( only 16 ) so sim racing is as i said my next option where i can drive cars .

oh I thought you are driving in real when you said that you have more driving skill in real driving
Quote from bavorak :oh I thought you are driving in real when you said that you have more driving skill in real driving

i meant karting , 125 cc murcia/ Valencia 10 th place due to missing half a season
Quote from bavorak :it is just up to admins who will go...not just about your skill as we can see

I'll just clarify this last point. As LFS admins we do make decisions regarding the weekend races, but that is pretty well it. Towards the end of the LFS phase of V1, we will only be making recommendations to the "proper" driver assessors. The choices that are made will ultimately be affected purely by you the driver and will be down to the individual racing championships that consider you for their drive next year.

Attached is a 10-second animated loop showing a portion of information on two drivers. One who demonstrates good consistency and laptimes and the other who.. well.. doesn't. There is a lot more information on each driver than is shown here - this is just a montage screenshot of a portion of a page. I'm not saying who these drivers are. I just wanted to make the point that we can see lots of information at a glance, for each competitor in V1.. and we can dig far more deeply if we click on various places on the page that this is from, too
Attached images
v1_good-vs-bad.gif
Quote from jwardy :i meant karting , 125 cc murcia/ Valencia 10 th place due to missing half a season

oh you are good....i m driving karts just for fun sometimes...maybe once twice a year....It is too expensive
Quote from SamH :
Attached is a 10-second animated loop showing a portion of information on two drivers. One who demonstrates good consistency and laptimes and the other who.. well.. doesn't. There is a lot more information on each driver than is shown here - this is just a montage screenshot of a portion of a page. I'm not saying who these drivers are. I just wanted to make the point that we can see lots of information at a glance, for each competitor in V1.. and we can dig far more deeply if we click on various places on the page that this is from, too

Lol the bad one could be me
Quote from LRB_Aly :Lol the bad one could be me

hehe.. damn.. weren't supposed to be able to recognise that..

Nahh.. it's nobody we "know", and credit to the guy, he is definitely trying. He is definitely not lacking in enthusiasm
that was some robot racing 20 races in row without mistake
as I see..there were only 11 racers in race...gap for me...you could always invite me...also 5 minutes before the race I would have been ready
Yes, next race we will require everybody to be in the server 15 minutes before the race. Anyone who is late will be unable to join and the place will be given to a reserve driver.. even if the driver turns up after the 15 minute deadline and before the race. We waited for one driver until the race began but we locked the server as soon as the race started and no more entries were possible.

It was very unfortunate, but we had to start exactly on time. I didn't want to run with less than a full grid, so next time we will make sure that it won't happen.
Quote from SamH :Yes, next race we will require everybody to be in the server 15 minutes before the race. Anyone who is late will be unable to join and the place will be given to a reserve driver.. even if the driver turns up after the 15 minute deadline and before the race. We waited for one driver until the race began but we locked the server as soon as the race started and no more entries were possible.

It was very unfortunate, but we had to start exactly on time. I didn't want to run with less than a full grid, so next time we will make sure that it won't happen.

that is a real pity because you could monitor another racer...I doubt it would have been me but next time you will know....we all learn all the life
Quote from SamH :I'll just clarify this last point. ... The choices that are made will ultimately be affected purely by you the driver and will be down to the individual racing championships that consider you for their drive next year.

Attached is a 10-second animated loop showing a portion of information on two drivers. ... I just wanted to make the point that we can see lots of information at a glance, for each competitor in V1.. and we can dig far more deeply if we click on various places on the page that this is from, too

1) what are you using to collect data from LFS? Probably with insim program, own custom program? Data stored to SQL database probably.

2) Can you post replays from races on website? (i have it, but only from changing link from http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=903946#post903946)
I'm using LFSStats for replays, since i started to drive FBM and found it very usefull as much as watching replay again.

3) Can you show more of your statistics? Or add racer's statistics from V1 to v1racer.com? So everyone on V1 who is registered in v1racer can show his own statistics?

4) or any tips on getting some data from replays, some usefull graphs etc.

5) for data collecting you use LFSWorld name, not ingame nick right?

6) why only one race when there is lot of people? What about two races #1 for top 12 from Qualification and #2 race for people not in #1 race but chosen by another rules ("determination", laps, stability, started/finished/won, ...)

7) from your graph, what is the yellow and blue onder the laptimes? Laptime is divided to 3 splits, and white line shows start of race, so most of it are 6 lap races, with 1st lap time higher than other. Yellow is some difference in laptimes?
Sam, can you post a replay for me and Mr.Mooney please
Quote from JackCY :1) what are you using to collect data from LFS? Probably with insim program, own custom program? Data stored to SQL database probably.

We wrote the V1 server insim system to collect information from servers. It feeds several MySQL databases
Quote from JackCY :2) Can you post replays from races on website? (i have it, but only from changing link from http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=903946#post903946)
I'm using LFSStats for replays, since i started to drive FBM and found it very usefull as much as watching replay again.

We will have a more useful way of posting race replays soon. I will make sure the race replay is posted on the website shortly
Quote from JackCY :3) Can you show more of your statistics? Or add racer's statistics from V1 to v1racer.com? So everyone on V1 who is registered in v1racer can show his own statistics?

Next season, we will enter the competition with much more information available on websites, a better forum and blogging system etc. I will be writing the site from the ground up, rather than using purchased website packages as we have this year for V1Racer.com
Quote from JackCY :4) or any tips on getting some data from replays, some usefull graphs etc.

We wrote our own software for V1 stats collection.. I think there are some good programs available in the Misc Addons section of the forum though.
Quote from JackCY :5) for data collecting you use LFSWorld name, not ingame nick right?

Yes, everything is by LFSW name
Quote from JackCY :6) why only one race when there is lot of people? What about two races #1 for top 12 from Qualification and #2 race for people not in #1 race but chosen by another rules ("determination", laps, stability, started/finished/won, ...)

This is something we are considering, but it isn't just the 30 minutes of the race. We are still planning on creating videos of each race. Each additional race we hold on a weekend is probably 1 or 2 full days of additional video work. Possibly more, until we have the tools and staff we need to produce the videos more efficiently. I now have the intro music for the videos and I am sending video footage to the production company for the intro sequence. We're getting close to being able to deliver V1-TV, but the idea of creating 2 videos per weekend instead of 1 is not very appealing at the moment. Soon though, hopefully.
Quote from JackCY :7) from your graph, what is the yellow and blue onder the laptimes? Laptime is divided to 3 splits, and white line shows start of race, so most of it are 6 lap races, with 1st lap time higher than other. Yellow is some difference in laptimes?

The yellow bars are the number of seconds in that lap under yellow flag. The longest yellow bars are actually flashing yellow bars and indicate 20 or more seconds under yellow flag. The blue bars indicate laps where the driver was 1 or more laps down on the race leader.

The first lap is always a few seconds longer of course, and you have correctly figured out that the races are 6 laps in length. If the white bars are closer together the driver is generally less consistent (doesn't finish races he starts etc). The graphics give an overall impression of a racer, but we can click on any race in the graph to view the replay of that race or see who else was in that race.. what start and finishing differences for each driver.. what each lap and sector time is for each driver and so on. We can also see what the lap:race ratio for a driver is, how many positions they gain or lose during a particular race (reversed grids specifically) and in races generally, how many races per day they race, which day they mostly drive and so on. We can also plot progress.. over time, how their laptimes improve and how much less time they spend crashing into walls and so on. We can get into quite a bit of detail on any individual racer, and if we can't make sense of (or are curious about) a particular statistic in the graph, we can re-watch that race for ourselves with a single click

All of this information, next season, will be available to the individual driver. Hopefully some of it we will be able to expose before the end of this season, but we want to expand the interaction we have with drivers first, so that drivers can create passwords and log in to view their stats. Next year everything will be integrated on the new V1Racer.com site.

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG