The online racing simulator
Nope, same problem.
Hummm! I'm pinging it and it's fine.. can you gimme the IP it's saying it is, when you ping it?
Not sure what you mean by that?
hehe.. go to Start > Run...
Type cmd [enter]
In the box, type:
ping v1championship.com [enter]
It should say "Pinging v1championship.com [ip address]

The links working fine for me.

You sure you didn't say anything nasty to Jay the last time you were over at his place Dave ?
LOL! Yeah, Dave, what ya said to Jay!?

[edit] Attached an editorial from today's edition of Autosport, talking about V1
Attached images
autosport_2008-07-17.jpg
Haha, nothing that comes to mind..

The IP is 213.171.193.89 . I've tried using a proxy and that works fine... Just to note I'm currently getting internet temporarily, via a usb mobile broadband dongle thingy.
Ahh.. that's a verrry old DNS entry, now. The actual IP starts 195.66...

While you're still having problems, you can use the address http://www.v1challenge.com. That's not the proper address, but since this thread was originally called V1 Challenge, and we figured a few people out there might think that's the URL, we bought that domain and pointed it to the same site.
Ahh that works, cheers Sam. That article looks very interesting, it's great that V1 is starting to get some proper publicity.
Yeah.. it's beginning to gather momentum now, with lots of room to grow, since the online side of the selection process is going to run through October.
I dont understand one thing...today (Friday) there will be some free qualification...where can I race my qualification time (hotlap)? when will be the free Q? I still havent received any invitation email about the championship and I dont have enough information about it (Qualifying and racing)(I´m a bit disapointed about organizing and informing racers)...
Quote from bavorak :I dont understand one thing...today (Friday) there will be some free qualification...where can I race my qualification time (hotlap)? I still havent received any invitaction email about the championship and I dont have enough information about it...about Qualifying and racing

Friday is free qualifying.. from now, basically, until midnight tonight (friday night/saturday). No invitation is necessary

[edit] Note: You qualify in the server online at this stage, not via hotlaps.

On Saturday morning, on the v1championship website, we will be announcing the racers that are invited to qualify in the period before F1 qualifying, and then inviting the next group after qualifying. By Saturday evening, we should have a list of drivers who have made it through to the final qualifying before the race. The top 12 of those will be invited to race after the F1 GP.

http://www.v1championship.com/racecalendar.asp <--- info on the structure of racing.
and what is important? hotlap time?
We are taking into consideration many different factors, including laptimes, progress, effort and consistency in racing. We collect stats constantly and record every laptime. We chart your laptimes and your off-track excursions per lap, we chart how you progress up or down the field in a reverse grid race and we chart how many of the races you start that you actually finish. We store every replay according to each race ID (announced at the beginning of each race) so that we can go straight to a race to see what happened if we see something odd in the lap charts..

We do lots of stuff, not just count your lap times
that´s a shame that it isnt just about hotlap but you do it well that you count a lot of facts
hehe.. well, we are looking for someone (in fact more than one, now, I believe!) that will be racing a REAL race car, costing many thousands of £. We aren't looking for hotlaps, we're looking for racing drivers
yeah I understand it quite well...I will try to have some good races then and qualify at least for Q1 in Caturday
Sinbad should have his place set in stone for V1. The only pure simmer I have raced in LFS that I rate at all in the racing department.
what will happen if I cant be on one the events coz I m on holiday? Do I have still chance for something in this competition?
The online portion of the competition runs through until the end of the F1 GP season. The weekend races are to provide some competition structure, but racing online during the week when you can is just as important. Race when you can, progress as much as you can, finish as many races as you can. Almost everyone will be going on holiday during the competition for a week or two.. it will not affect your chances of being recognised for the racing driver that you are, deep down
This is a really good idea, but boy am I struggling with this combo!! Best I've manged so far is a high 1.13, which is a good second away from the fast guys. I have however been consistent, I think i set 3 identical 1st sectors in 3 laps in one of my races!

Anyway, good luck to you all and may the best man (or woman) win!
will there be some kind of "list of current best racers" on website? Hope you know what I mean...
Bah! I've got to work all weekend!

Is it just me or is the system down this morning? No auto-restarts etc.
Quote from keiran :Bah! I've got to work all weekend!

Is it just me or is the system down this morning? No auto-restarts etc.

We've hit a tyre wall with the qualifying session in the software. This is our first really LONG run with the software in this mode.. Chris has found the bug and is fixing it now. Sorry Kieran

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG