The online racing simulator
so finally it started,huh?
just a question or two since i didnt lfs online for quite a few weeks; is there a V1 server in multiplayer list and joining is just like that (i know u have to register on their homepage, of course) ....?
how long will this search for drivers last...?

I am heavy average in lfs, but i will tear my ass off (like many of you:nod but that line "for uk residents" doesn't ring quite nice.....if i would pass their requirements i would even leave my beautiful country and go to englandia for that opportunity..... (like many of you:nod.
That has not been decided yet dalibor79 and will hopefully be decided soon. I am not sure exactly of the potential reasons for 'limiting' the drivers but one that comes to my mind is that the logistics of having people from outside the country can be colossal and possibly something Jay is not ready for just yet. There would have to be many more things that would have to be completed besides the regular stuff that's needed for UK residents to be able to get the person into the country on a permanent basis.

I don't have anything more definite than that, sorry. It has not been decided yet from what I understand.
Following on from what Chris said, this year's championship is primarily focused on finding a driver who will begin racing next year in the UK. The competition isn't limited to Brits, but as it says in the terms and conditions, in order to progress you will need to be available to race in the UK next year. That's THIS year's competition. Next year's may focus on a different continent (Europe, Australasia, Americas? I don't know yet..) but I would say that it's definitely never too early to start getting noticed!

Quote from Intrepid :Here's some advice for V1.[..]

I'm sure it's good advice and much appreciated Alan! The V1 Championship has some very notable motorsports names involved and supporting/advising Jay and others in V1, in the background, including some of my own motorsports heroes. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing mate.
If they want to begin racing next year then they shouldn't do Super 1. Do cars it would be easier as expectations will be lower and the competition a little more forigiving

If they choose to do one of the KF karting classes they will be absolutely destroyed. This will be just pointless. Then there is Rotax which is the nest step down in terms of prestige. Again their driver will be in trouble. TKM would be the same.

If they let their ego of being 'V1' and having a 'we can create a driver coz we are mint' attitude will only see them take a step backwards. I have seen people enter Super 1 way to early and just get destroyed. Even well financed drivers, with an excellent tram around them.

And if they enter the Rotax S1 I realy fear for the driver.

Good luck to whoever wins, but reality can bite HARD.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :That has not been decided yet dalibor79 and will hopefully be decided soon. I am not sure exactly of the potential reasons for 'limiting' the drivers but one that comes to my mind is that the logistics of having people from outside the country can be colossal and possibly something Jay is not ready for just yet. There would have to be many more things that would have to be completed besides the regular stuff that's needed for UK residents to be able to get the person into the country on a permanent basis.

I don't have anything more definite than that, sorry. It has not been decided yet from what I understand.

thanks for answer! ok, so it's not only uk after all....hope is still alive
So is there a special version of LFS for the V1 championship? Because im downloading LFS S2 Alpha Z V1
Quote from scoobyrbac :So is there a special version of LFS for the V1 championship? Because im downloading LFS S2 Alpha Z V1

The software is the same patch Z as you already have. The only difference is the configuration file, which is "Edition 1" instead of "Edition 0". You can edit your existing config to force the change, which only adds a [V1 only] filter to the [Display Hosts] list of servers.. saves you a 132MB download (which is probably too late now anyway )
The V1 version is exactly the same but starts up with FBM already selected instead of the XF GTI, and has a "V1 only" filter in the List of Hosts to help the user find V1 hosts more easily, if they are unfamiliar with a large list of hosts.

Other than that, there is no difference, so it is definitely not required as a special download for participation.

EDIT : Yes, what Sam said
Alright thanks guys..

Oh and by the way, Theres people that come in and they get kicked. Is there a way to stop them from coming in? They flood the server and in kinda gets really annoying..
It's not possible to identify them until they have connected, so unfortunately it's not possible to prevent them from joining in the first instance
looks like a fantastic way for next gen racers to get in to the sport. Great job Scawen getting LFS used!
Quote from SamH :It's not possible to identify them until they have connected, so unfortunately it's not possible to prevent them from joining in the first instance

Oh...alright. It just get's really..REALLY annoying to the ones racing and it sometimes lags the server.
Sorry for double post but is this just for people in Europe or can American's join also?
Quote from scoobyrbac :sorry For Double Post But Is This Just For People In Europe Or Can American's Join Also?

Quote from samh :following On From What Chris Said, This Year's Championship Is Primarily Focused On Finding A Driver Who Will Begin Racing Next Year In The Uk. The Competition Isn't Limited To Brits, But As It Says In The Terms And Conditions, In Order To Progress You Will Need To Be Available To Race In The Uk Next Year. That's This Year's Competition. Next Year's May Focus On A Different Continent (europe, Australasia, Americas? I Don't Know Yet..) But I Would Say That It's Definitely Never Too Early To Start Getting Noticed!

weird.. it's capitalised every first letter.. beeezarrrr!
Ok thanks Sam.. I might just stay with it just for something to do whenever its going.

maby its capitalised because you quoted yourself?
I swear if Intrepid posts one more word in capitals i will punch him in the face..
Quote from Intrepid :As much as I think it's a cool idea... there are already 500-1000 young karters who exist already in the UK who devote their life, and a whole load of investment to racing. And there's ones who don't even have enough investment but still manage.

So it's not really to find a good driver, and someone who is committed because they already exist right now. It's definitely more about self-promotion than anything else, which I have nothing against by the way. That's how F BMW, F Renault, F3 etc.... work...

Interesting to see how the competition will develop and what they are actually offering... are they offering a drive for a year? free testing, and racing?

I agree, I think they are just gonna end with some half-whit who drives an MG who is a bit quick, but has no driving etiquette on track. I hate reality-tv like programs in motorracing, i just hate the whole thing. Sometimes giving someone a chance who wouldn't of got it normally is a BAD thing.
I have a question...I dont have steering wheel so I have to race with mouse....is there some disadvantage for me? I mean something that racers who play with wheel will be chosen in preference

and another question...what should I do on V1 servers if there is nobody there? should I also race and my times (replays) will be saved?
I dont really understand what is the main aim in racing on V1 servers...what is the target i should hit on this servers to qualify on main race in time when real F1 race starts?

and will I receive some e-mail with informations before the qualification and race which will start in 5 days I think. I mean specification of the race (laps, wind, password to server...) because I feel quite uninformed about the race and it starts in few days

If i understand well, every weekend when F1 race is also V1 championship is on schedule...what will happen if I miss some of the races? or do I understand it wrongly?

thx for answers
Quote from bavorak :I have a question...I dont have steering wheel so I have to race with mouse....is there some disadvantage for me? I mean something that racers who play with wheel will be chosen in preference

I don't think you will be at a disadvantage with a mouse. Mousers, IE people to race with a mouse, are just as fast as people with a wheel. However IMO it's much more fun with a wheel! But it's not manditory, nor will your times decrease because of a wheel. If anything your times will INCREASE if you switch to a wheel now. It does take some time to get used to.

Quote from bavorak :and another question...what should I do on V1 servers if there is nobody there? should I also race and my times (replays) will be saved?

Yes the replay will still be saved and statistics logged. You don't have to be on the server with other people in order to log data for yourself. Others are just missing a perfect opportunity

Quote from bavorak :I dont really understand what is the main aim in racing on V1 servers...what is the target i should hit on this servers to qualify on main race in time when real F1 race starts?

Racing on the servers gives data for V1 and crew to sift through to help in their selection. My understanding is that a portion of the drivers for the weekly events will be selected via the qualifying sessions, while some will also be hand picked by Jay himself to run in the event. There is not a 'target time' to hit persay, race cleanly and professionally and you have a chance of competing in the events.

If you must need a target time type /w wr in the chat window to give you the world record for the track/car you are currently driving. Or type /ws BL1 FBM wr Thanks Gil

Quote from bavorak :and will I receive some e-mail with informations before the qualification and race which will start in 5 days I think. I mean specification of the race (laps, wind, password to server...) because I feel quite uninformed about the race and it starts in few days?

Yes, more information to follow =)

Quote from bavorak :If i understand well, every weekend when F1 race is also V1 championship is on schedule...what will happen if I miss some of the races? or do I understand it wrongly?

thx for answers

I don't know the specifics but if you don't plan to be available for the race please don't qualify for that week. Missing events would reflect poorly on your statistics, but that in itself would not exclude you from participating.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :
If you must need a target time type /w wr in the chat window to give you the world record for the track/car you are currently driving. However this must be done while you are in a car, you cannot pull up records while you are spectating.

/ws BL1 FBM wr

of course wheel is better but it would take some time to get used to it and I have hardly any time but I plan to buy wheel because it must be much more fun and then it seems more realistic ...

thx for your answers
Does the H/L have to be on lfsw or v1 website , i remember seeing something on the site about it but i cant find it any more , could some one point me in the right direcction

regards
Jack
Quote from jwardy :Does the H/L have to be on lfsw or v1 website , i remember seeing something on the site about it but i cant find it any more , could some one point me in the right direcction

regards
Jack

The hotlap will need to be submitted to the V1 website, but not for a while yet. Don't worry too much about your hotlap right now.. the structure of the competition has changed quite a bit since this thread was first started, and there is now much greater emphasis on practicing in the V1 Championship and V1 Practice servers.

The V1 website got a revamp recently. There's much more information on the structure of the competition and its different phases now. http://www.v1championship.com
Quote from SamH :The V1 website got a revamp recently. There's much more information on the structure of the competition and its different phases now. http://www.v1championship.com

The main site isn't working for me at the moment, it's constantly redirecting without loading anything?
Hmm.. try taking the www off, see if that works. The registrar does appear to have an odd way of handling nameservers.

V1 Championship
(738 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG