The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Ah, I can imagine the LX8 would be such a beast : O
Quote from Rappa Z :Coding new tyre physics should apply to all cars that have tyres, correct me if I'm wrong.

I really wish they would recode the physics in my shoes, So painful! I mean rubber is rubber right? Devs? Help...
I dont get why they removed it. Its not bad to have more cars.
Quote from narkoze :I dont get why they removed it. Its not bad to have more cars.

it is when nobody can drive the low version ( lx4 ) correctly !
Quote from TehPaws3D :I really wish they would recode the physics in my shoes, So painful! I mean rubber is rubber right? Devs? Help...

You always seem to like having a go at somebody no matter where you go mmk?
That's a joke... I say, that's a joke, son.
Quote from theirishnoob :it is when nobody can drive the low version ( lx4 ) correctly !

The right leagues and drivers provide a lot of fun in the LX cars. The LX8 would be great fun. Now, with the physics that are to come I hope the devs reconsider and release the LX8, I don't really understand the argument that it's too hard to drive..

I guess it's a excuse for something else, but it's more easy to blame others
Quote from theirishnoob :it is when nobody can drive the low version ( lx4 ) correctly !

Does drifting properly count as driving correctly?
No.
Quote from G!NhO :No.

That's like saying people who walk with a spring in their step are not walking properly, Drifting is a way to drive allowing the back end to slide, Just like racing is about getting the fastest laptime, They shoot for style, Not WRs.
Quote from TehPaws3D :That's like saying people who walk with a spring in their step are not walking properly, Drifting is a way to drive allowing the back end to slide, Just like racing is about getting the fastest laptime, They shoot for style, Not WRs.

I have no idea what you are trying to prove.
but Drifting =/= Driving correctly.
The first post was made 14th August 2005 what a bump!
Drifting = Driving correctly,, with style..
Damn I still am subscribed to this thread, stop bumping it my heart is racing every time I see the LX8 on top of my subscription list. :weeping:
Quote from troy :Damn I still am subscribed to this thread, stop bumping it my heart is racing every time I see the LX8 on top of my subscription list. :weeping:

... Listen to the man! He might be the only racer who drives this car properly, and quicker than 99,9%.

I can't even drive the lx4, I take the lx6 for a ride every year because it has the best sounding engine by far (in lfs) and I would shreddddd the lx8's tyres to bits in 1 or 2 carefully driven corners.

greetz

der bumpybutz
It really is for me. Keyboard is physically impossible, and my MOMO wheel (I don't know if it wasn't set up correctly with the game or what) the slightest throttle movement would send the car spinning even if you're trying to go in a straight line or driving conservatively. Of course, that was only a test patch.

[QUOTE=The Very End;1490540]I don't really understand the argument that it's too hard to drive..
[QUOTE=jrs_4500;1490931]It really is for me. Keyboard is physically impossible, and my MOMO wheel (I don't know if it wasn't set up correctly with the game or what) the slightest throttle movement would send the car spinning even if you're trying to go in a straight line or driving conservatively. Of course, that was only a test patch.

[QUOTE=The Very End;1490540]I don't really understand the argument that it's too hard to drive..[/QUOTE]

I drove the LX cars, hell, even the FO8 with keyboard back in time, it was a challenge from hell but fun too. The key to kontroll that beast with keyboard is a propper setups, both car setup and keyboard setup.

But ultimatelig it's tapping frenzy on the trottle and turn buttons
[QUOTE=The Very End;1491002][QUOTE=jrs_4500;1490931]It really is for me. Keyboard is physically impossible, and my MOMO wheel (I don't know if it wasn't set up correctly with the game or what) the slightest throttle movement would send the car spinning even if you're trying to go in a straight line or driving conservatively. Of course, that was only a test patch.

I drove the LX cars, hell, even the FO8 with keyboard back in time, it was a challenge from hell but fun too. The key to kontroll that beast with keyboard is a propper setups, both car setup and keyboard setup.

But ultimatelig it's tapping frenzy on the trottle and turn buttons [/QUOTE]

Yeah i remember being quite sucessfull back in my demo-days when i didnt have a wheel. That was when XRT was a demo car still, and me and my friend would kick ass against people using wheel.

So its possible yes... using a higher gear ratio helped me.
But could you keep up with a properly wheel-driven LX?
Quote from Breizh :But could you keep up with a properly wheel-driven LX?

As i didnt crack my LFS i would know, i got the wheel a while before i decided to buy the game. And stuck with ever since.. i have tried the BF1 with mouse once and it was "do-able" thanks to antispin.
Quote from der butz :... Listen to the man! He might be the only racer who drives this car properly, and quicker than 99,9%.

I can't even drive the lx4, I take the lx6 for a ride every year because it has the best sounding engine by far (in lfs) and I would shreddddd the lx8's tyres to bits in 1 or 2 carefully driven corners.

greetz

der bumpybutz

Had a try at the leaked version of LFS with the LX8 in it.

It was an absolute lovely moment, but hard to control.
Quote from rockclan :Had a try at the leaked version of LFS with the LX8 in it.

It was an absolute lovely moment, but hard to control.

Biggest problem was that it had old tyre physics.. which were insanely hard with RWD cars (IMO).

I think I actually unlocked the leaked version with my S2 username (when it worked, before Master server change)... shocked that there were never any consequences.
Quote from AcesHigh :As i didnt crack my LFS i would know, i got the wheel a while before i decided to buy the game. And stuck with ever since.. i have tried the BF1 with mouse once and it was "do-able" thanks to antispin.

I don't think you can drive an LX4/6, never mind LX8, over about 4 or 5/10ths with a keyboard. Unless you neuter it with a bunch of driving aids.

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG