The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Quote from DevilDare :The LX8 is mad..... Really not for pick-up servers...

Wheels spinning through 4th and sometimes even 5th, and you go sideways everywhere.....

Mad car...

you have to remember all of the physices updates since then, back then the fo8 was the same
Quote from tonyonparas :Uhm.. or then it´s just you, who hardly ever uses it.
If you go around at some cruise servers you might not see them, but there´s a lot of skilled racers, who drive it and can master it.
It seems like the LX´es are used more in events and series, than in public servers.

I think he was referring to public servers. In which he is correct, there is nobody racing with LRFs on public servers.
Quote from DevilDare :The LX8 is mad..... Really not for pick-up servers...
Wheels spinning through 4th and sometimes even 5th, and you go sideways everywhere.....

The physics have changed a lot. With few tests I have done with Tweak I would say that car like LX8 should be driveable with the current physics.
LX8 would be fine.. with slicks
Quote from geeman1 :I think he was referring to public servers. In which he is correct, there is nobody racing with LRFs on public servers.

Exactly.
We're racing them every Thursday (see my sig for more info's), with mixed sizes of grids though, usually about 10-15 people.
and I'd be there every thursday, but sadly I was at school every time at that time, and now I'm working. I would love to drive more LX6's with my G25 and H-Gate, but sadly it never works out.
I would drive in TBO and LX servers constantly if there were ever any people in them.
Quote from Blackout :I don't doubt that fast light cars can't get airborne.

i think weight plays no role whatsoever.
I must be a skilled racer then , I drive the LX4 every time I run LFS.

It's realy about the setup, The LXs are hard if you don't set up the suspension right.

I drive the LX4 alot, so today I took the LX6 out on westhill, did a few laps and did a 2:02.49. Thats not fast, and I made a mestake, but it's damn good for a first run with a new car/track combo. I've driven the LX6 before, but not on westhill. I found the LX6 only oversteers when I goof up on the steering, I'd imagine I could drive the LX8 without much trouble once I got the suspension worked out and found my shift and braking points.

I'd like to see a V8 period, doesn't matter what car it comes in, as long as it's not something far fetched.
Quote from george_tsiros :i think weight plays no role whatsoever.

I think weight plays a huge role , less weight = greater acceleration = faster speed when hitting said jump , does a 400hp fzr get airborne at the same point ? i would imagine not ..

Even if the fzr had a longer run up and hit the jump at the same speed , are you really saying that the lighter car won't get more air ?
ok let's say a 700kg caterham going 100mph gets some height.

now a 1500kg bmw going 100mph, how much further, compared to the caterham, will it land?
USE THE SAME UNITS PLEASE! Metric but at a Imperial speed... That's just silly.
Quote from george_tsiros :ok let's say a 700kg caterham going 100mph gets some height.

now a 1500kg bmw going 100mph, how much further, compared to the caterham, will it land?

I don't really know, but you missed the whole point. On a track, lighter car with higher power to weight ratio will achieve greater speed in a shorter distance, thus going faster over a bump to get airborne.

Anyway...

We did LX8 event some time ago. It was unbelievable frekking mad. The tweak was a bit crude but close as possible to the original and had slicks. It's really quite a ride down the streets of Southcity. You have to be alert all the time, the smallest mistake and you are in a wall, think anything but the driving and you are off. It's more intense than the FO8 and BF1 put together and fueled with solid dynamite.

But oh, when you got it right it was the best fun ever!
i missed no point. why did you add 'light' when you said 'fast light' ? doesn't 'fast' include stuff like power to weight ratio? did you add 'light' because you think weight will help the car fly further, or not?

also, dawesdust, you sure you want to talk like that? that guy is british i tried to use units familiar to him. sorry if i failed that hard that made you forget basic rules of grammar/spelling.

Quote :I don't really know

they will land at the same point
Really honestly. Why would I know what I thought 4 months ago, and why you go after a petty thing like that anyway is beyond me, it probably was just a weird selection on words.
Quote from george_tsiros :they will land at the same point

Only if there is no lift or downforce. When that comes into play, then with all other things being equal, mass will affect the distance.
and to think that i deliberately left aero out of the first post i made on this subject to keep it simple...

anyway, i think the caterham or the bmw don't have the kind of aero that will play any significant role. that's why i chose those two cars.
I say we leave the LX8 canned, and replace it with a late 60s F1 with front and rear wings
No that would be horrible
Rallypack!?!?!??!
Quote from george_tsiros :
also, dawesdust, you sure you want to talk like that? that guy is british i tried to use units familiar to him. sorry if i failed that hard that made you forget basic rules of grammar/spelling.

It just seems rather retarded to mix units like that. What's next, giving weight in "percentages of a 2001 Ford Fiesta with air conditioning removed", and speed as "lightyear divided by 3 times by 33".

kg, m/s (or km/h).
lbs, ft/s (or mph).

Mixing them is bad, as to do the calculations, formulas tend to assume that things are of like units.
"rather retarded" ?

up yours, buddy
Quote from The Very End :No that would be horrible
Rallypack!?!?!??!

Wowwww rally pack, I totally forgot about that one!
I am sure that if you search my posts, then filter out the posts that has the word rallypack / rallypack, we're speaking about like 50 or something Is there an actually way to filter posts from a specifiq user just by a sentence / word?

Neverthless, I know it was canned, but I canot find the post that posted the reason for it tho. Actually I would love if they continued on whatever they did, alltho that was like..3-4 years age aye?
Quote from The Very End :Is there an actually way to filter posts from a specifiq user just by a sentence / word?

Yes, Advanced Search.
I don't think the rallypack was actually 'canned', or at least by no means like the LX8 was, the LX8 was actually made, worked etc. It was just canned because of its extremities.

Rallypack Scavier stated would be made if they had time etc. (I believe), if not it was something along those lines, Scawen (or was it Victor?) kinda hinted at one, but nothing was official about actually making one 100%, they just made it sound like a little fun side thing they could've done just to keep stuff moving along.

Change of pace is always nice, hence why I never really finish many 3d models just because after a while it's the same tedius work over and over again.

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG