The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
I can get 4% off the WR on SO6 Chicane Route \ Both on keyboard with no help and mouse with no help. Just depends on the driver.. Since my wheel broke (BUT A G27 IS COMING FRIDAY!! )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Biggest problem was that it had old tyre physics.. which were insanely hard with RWD cars (IMO).

I think I actually unlocked the leaked version with my S2 username (when it worked, before Master server change)... shocked that there were never any consequences.

Same thought.

I still have that version somewhere, can't be bothered to search though.
Quote from TehPaws3D :I can get 4% off the WR on SO6 Chicane Route \ Both on keyboard with no help and mouse with no help. Just depends on the driver.. Since my wheel broke (BUT A G27 IS COMING FRIDAY!! )

Compared to your time on a good wheel?
Well the difference is about 1 - 2 seconds off, But my wheel was about 74% faster than keyboard and 28% Faster than mouses.

Compared to other mouse users I'm slow, So I don't know.
How I see it: You can't drive an LX8 anywhere near full potential with a mouse or keyboard. If that's the criteria for adding it to public versions of LFS, I don't think it passes.

But I don't think that's what the criteria should be. If people are having fun with it, it should be in. The subtle factor IMO is that unless the new tire physics really have made it so much more accessible, the LX8 just won't be anything but a weird machine that only aliens can reliably do anything with. It seems like most people won't get the LX8 beyond what they could get from the LX6 (i.e. they'd end up with the same laptimes walking on eggs around corners with the LX8 and then powering down straights, as they would struggling to properly push the LX6 at 7-8/10ths around corners). The sticking point IMO is that regardless what I or others think, that seems to be below Scavier's standards.
I agree with all what the man above here says.

It has lots of sense.
I am pretty sorry about the bump but....

Quote from Breizh :How I see it: You can't drive an LX8 anywhere near full potential with a mouse or keyboard. If that's the criteria for adding it to public versions of LFS, I don't think it passes.

But I don't think that's what the criteria should be. If people are having fun with it, it should be in. The subtle factor IMO is that unless the new tire physics really have made it so much more accessible, the LX8 just won't be anything but a weird machine that only aliens can reliably do anything with. It seems like most people won't get the LX8 beyond what they could get from the LX6 (i.e. they'd end up with the same laptimes walking on eggs around corners with the LX8 and then powering down straights, as they would struggling to properly push the LX6 at 7-8/10ths around corners). The sticking point IMO is that regardless what I or others think, that seems to be below Scavier's standards.

+1

Now what I think btw, LX8 GTR might be added back when new tyre physics will come... This is just my thought but if we really would have LX8 GTR back for 100% I am pretty much sure there will be LX multiclass racing

So, let's hope it will come back with tyre physics (new ones)

Yeah, and it should be exactly original from 0.5F
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :
... Now what I think btw, LX8 GTR might be added back when new tyre physics will come... This is just my thought but if we really would have LX8 GTR back for 100% I am pretty much sure there will be LX multiclass racing

So, let's hope it will come back with tyre physics (new ones)

Yeah, and it should be exactly original from 0.5F

+2

I agree with you.
+4'ing on this, great idea!
+5 that LX8 was an animal..
+6, I really want to try that thing...
Packs a torch and a cut lunch and goes hunting down the archive vault for an old version of LFS with the LX8.

ME WANTS stupid overpowered machine.

So make that a +7
screw the rallypack, LX8 is all we need.

(waits for veryend to turn up)
Quote from troy :screw the rallypack, LX8 is all we need.

What?!

No way! I still want the rallypack lol!!!!!!!!!

I'll take the LX8 too
I'll take a track, kthxbai.

Your not my friend anymore
We have enough tracks, specially when OTC came...

So, LX8 ftw!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :We have enough tracks, specially when OTC came...

So, LX8 ftw!

Hmm, not that our argument would make the slightest difference to what we do get (if anything), but I feel the exact opposite. We don't have enough tracks, and we certainly don't have enough considering how long we have had them. A new track would revive my interest for a while, whilst a new car on the same old circuits would only briefly interest me.
i would personally love LX8 i don't see why its not in game since it was allready done... okay maybe just MAYBE a bit too strong car to drive but whata f**k i don't care i LOVE LX cars with too much power
Quote from sinbad :Hmm, not that our argument would make the slightest difference to what we do get (if anything), but I feel the exact opposite. We don't have enough tracks, and we certainly don't have enough considering how long we have had them. A new track would revive my interest for a while, whilst a new car on the same old circuits would only briefly interest me.

Same feeling. Even if its not rockingham, no big deal. Give me some fantasy track with a few configurations and that has me for a few months.
Exactly. Everybody would be happy with a new track, racers, drifters and even cruisers...
Quote from PMD9409 :Same feeling. Even if its not rockingham, no big deal. Give me some fantasy track with a few configurations and that has me for a few months.

as proved by the open configurations released this year.

(waits for veryend to turn up)

OFF: omg that picture .

ON: Its same to me if it would be tarmac,rallycross or even oval... but i still would think ''well it's still NEW track to play .'' so i guess new track=happy racers/drifters/cruisers .

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG