The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Quote from ajp71 :Well the Rover engine can be tuned to 400bhp reliably in road legal (minus emmissions) and 24 hour race worth state. Although I think if a standard Seight is over engined then this may be a bit of a handful

Note that the 1967 Formula 1 cars ran 400+hp on 1300lb cars. With modern tire compounds, the cars would be a bit easier to handle, but still difficult.
I couldn't care less for the LX8

But just because I don't want it I wouldn't have to use it. I am still waiting for the RAC&FZ50 and LX6 to be fun to drive. They are still amazingly unstable at higher speeds.

Give us something with >700hp, slicks, rwd and lots of aero...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Of course they are, that's the best bit. When I get one of the Formulas over 100mph I know I'm in safe territory, but when I get the LX6 over 100mph I know the slightest bump is going to upset it - that's what's fun about it!

The RAC and FZ5, admittedly, I don't drive online, but I have had fun with them offline and can see myself driving them more in future.

Off Topic
That is your set, not the car. I found the LX6 to be plenty stable at higher speeds. KY2 on the oval section you can stay flat out the whole way around.

On Topic
Any other rear wheel car would be great. Something in the range of the FXR would be great.
Quote from JeffR :Note that the 1967 Formula 1 cars ran 400+hp on 1300lb cars. With modern tire compounds, the cars would be a bit easier to handle, but still difficult.

Firstly they were very difficult to drive but they were better suited to a big engine because:

- The engines were smaller than a Rover V8 with a neat gearbox/diff coming straight out the back and some of the cars had the engine as a stressed member.

- They were using monocoque chassis which gave more stiffness.

- The treaded racing tires they ran would have given a lot more than a modern road tire.

-They used to be driven at very fast tracks, look at how the laptimes of GPL 65/67 on GPL rank are less than a second apart at a tight track like Cadwell.

- Having a load of bloody good drivers helps as well
-
What part do you mean?
edit. This one? That ain't that bad, and why should a car be stable all the time. It's the part of the fun with the LX6 that it want's to kill you every now ant then when it sees a bumb
Attached images
1.jpg
Quote from Hyperactive :
Give us something with >700hp, slicks, rwd and lots of aero...

BF1? illepall
#57 - Jakg
Quote from Blackout :What part do you mean?
edit. This one?

or just go round the chicane at so1, stamp the throttle and get wheelspin, and just as you get the car straight you hit the bumps!
-
Quote from Jakg :or just go round the chicane at so1, stamp the throttle and get wheelspin, and just as you get the car straight you hit the bumps!

Don't do like that if it messes up your lap then
I've noticed that the LX6 is easy car to really overdrive, for me it usually means I understeer a lot and I don't like that and then Im in trouble. Litle oversteer is fine with this car
Quote from Blackout :What part do you mean?
edit. This one? That ain't that bad, and why should a car be stable all the time. It's the part of the fun with the LX6 that it want's to kill you every now ant then when it sees a bumb
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=12977&d=1152720213

isn't that part awfully dangerous? all traffic lights are green...
Yes, don't know what the engineers have thought when they programmed those lights illepall Best way to go there is to stop and listen if there is anyone coming...
Hmmm....

Why would they can a car, which is done...?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Hmmm....

Why would they can a car, which is done...?

Because it wasn't drivable, to save content for S3, and maybe because it was unrealisticly quick compared to the LX6.
-
Quote :
Quote :LX8 - Because it wasn't drivable

with the revised tyre physics

I agree, the fixes to the tire physics in T and later versions of S2 mostly solved this issue.

The real Caterham CSR 260 has 260hp, and it's not a death trap. LFS should have something equivalent to this, and being the top LX, it should have slicks (assuming that there would be 3 LX's).
Yeah, canning the LX6 to introduce the 8 would make everyone real happy
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :BF1? illepall

With a roof
Quote from Hyperactive :With a roof

Steal the umbrella to the umbrella girls at start...
we already drove the lx6 with slick mod...and its just sooooo awesome
u have grip like hell and its so much fun also

with some more hp makin it a lil more difficult i think it would give us an awesome car
I want LX GTR more than LX8
yes but the LX8 is basically the LXR because there is no point in making an LX8 as it will be the gtr, same as XRG-XRT-XRR
Retro posting!

Quote from xWolFx :there is no point in making an LX8 as it will be the gtr, same as XRG-XRT-XRR

Sorry, but that makes no sense what-so-ever
Why not just change the engine in the 6 from 2,0 to 3,2. 330 BHP and thats it. *cough*S54*cough*

THAT would be a death trap.
i still dont get why someone wouldNT vote for both!?!?
canned ? scavier sold the lx8 to isi ?

now lets see how long it takes for an rfactor fan who fails to see the humor to turn up

im still hoping well see the lx8 in time now that we have much better tyre modeling
There are many cars with NO true competition. The BF1, FOX, FO8, MRT, UF1... I think the LX8 would be a good competition for the FO8 if it has a true V8 with about 400-450BHP.

Hate to say this but the ONLY front wheel drive car I can drive is the UFR and I am still scared S***LESS!!! In my opinion, I don't think driving the LX8 would be any worse to drive than the UFR or the XFR.
I can sure as heck drive the LX6 better than I can the Front wheel drive cars.illepall

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG