The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Taking the added weight and increased grip into consideration, I'm having a really hard time figuring out why would the little extra power make such a big difference. Maybe the tyre physics was really different at that time.

Quote from troy :Damn I still am subscribed to this thread, stop bumping it my heart is racing every time I see the LX8 on top of my subscription list. :weeping:

You can unsubscribe...
Considering your join time, you didn't really know what the pre-Y tire physics were like. But I think it was more grippier than the current ones.
Quote from Keling :...I'm having a really hard time figuring out why would the little extra power make such a bigger difference...

Little extra to ...LX6? Sure ! The '8 is so peaceful...

[/Sarcasm off] Don't take offence, but did you even tried the car...?
Quote from 1303s_vortech :

[/Sarcasm off] Don't take offence, but did you even tried the car...?

Hardly driveable, but a lot of fun.
Though I think most of the people just want the LX8 added to try it out, to see for themselves just how mental it is.
It's not like there's any car in the game to compare it to, which is probably also the reason it has been removed in the early stages.
If you can't drive the car, then you do something wrong. There nothing that is a too powerfull car, a not capable human however
Quote from The Very End :[...] There nothing that is a too powerfull car, a not capable human however

Agreed & as Bob Smith told a while earlier, it can't be overpowered.
Anyway, it's not really hard to over-use it power (reminds Fisherman's adverts sometimes) if you drive it like LX4-6.
Quote from The Very End :If you can't drive the car, then you do something wrong. There nothing that is a too powerfull car, a not capable human however

Guess I didn't explain myself clearly enough, I drove it with keyboard at the time, if only I still had the build of LFS on my computer, to properly try it out with a steering wheel.
All I know is, it was nearly impossible to drive using a keyboard. I guess not being able to feather the throttle had something to do with it.
Does anyone know if you can in fact still find the LFS build where the LX8 is included? I'm really quite interested in trying it now.
Quote from Stiggie :Guess I didn't explain myself clearly enough, I drove it with keyboard at the time, if only I still had the build of LFS on my computer, to properly try it out with a steering wheel.
All I know is, it was nearly impossible to drive using a keyboard. I guess not being able to feather the throttle had something to do with it.
Does anyone know if you can in fact still find the LFS build where the LX8 is included? I'm really quite interested in trying it now.

Keyboard, then it must have been a horror O_o
Also, the FO8 were a beast to drive before, but after the various patches it's now beeing a good racing car which isn't too difficoult to drive
lx8
Seen better.

Nice youtube account name anyway. Very inspiring.
I never managed to get a hold on the version with the LX8 before it got out-patched. Seemed like a fun beast to drive.

If only the tyre physic project (or what we should call it by now) could be put aside for 2 minutes and a patch with the LX8 had been released... that would be something!
The argument about it beeing to hard to controll is just...meh... Have a little faith in the community devs
Just create it yourself, not too difficult.
Talk about dicks, vaginas, sex, incest and murder, forum doesn't care.
Talk about VOBs and forum goes batshit in an instant.
Quote from The Very End :Talk about dicks, vaginas, sex, incest and murder, forum doesn't care.

Just when I was reading "the bad joke thread". That shit is cracking me up.
Quote from The Very End :Talk about dicks, vaginas, sex, incest and murder, forum doesn't care.
Talk about VOBs and forum goes batshit in an instant.

TTE don't take is personal, I didn't get to drive the imaginary LX8 that got released then didn't as well..I still sleep at night
Quote from PMD9409 :Just create it yourself, not too difficult.

The difficult part may be controlling the car because from that video it seems difficult.
3rd gear with 100 yrds....nice

It was dropped for a reason, build a bridge and get over it guys
Quote from rosewood2 :The difficult part may be controlling the car because from that video it seems difficult.

well, maybe ...
but physics are totaly different there and now, every car is very unstable at 150+ km/h, and it doesnt show any signs of lossing grip
some 2005 LFSer would probably do much better
one interesting thing, working mirrors in SHIFT+U
Attached images
mirrors.jpg
They're not dynamic though. They simply are static to whatever the last mirror texture that was in memory.
I guess thats the reason it was disabled

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG