The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Quote from zeugnimod :Yes, Advanced Search.

Thank you

For you information I had "only" mentioned Rallypack / Rally Pack around 30+ times

Quote from XCNuse :I don't think the rallypack was actually 'canned', or at least by no means like the LX8 was, the LX8 was actually made, worked etc. It was just canned because of its extremities.

Rallypack Scavier stated would be made if they had time etc. (I believe), if not it was something along those lines, Scawen (or was it Victor?) kinda hinted at one, but nothing was official about actually making one 100%, they just made it sound like a little fun side thing they could've done just to keep stuff moving along.

Change of pace is always nice, hence why I never really finish many 3d models just because after a while it's the same tedius work over and over again.

Well put.

I think that the LX8 would be a hard, but fun car to race now. Sure, even with the physics updates it would be hard to controll, but at same time I would love to see such a car in the game, a real beast! I feel that there are no beats in LFS anymore, the LX6 is challenging enough with a hard setup, but that "beast" feeling is long gone.

Well, we'll see what comes with time, but I rest my case, the LX8 could prove some really intereting racing, and I am sure most people would apreciate it. Even tho we probally would get topics where whiners would scream and shout because the beast was not easy to handle, I think that is something we could handle.

Or?
Forget the LX8, lets get an Ariel Atom 500 V8.

500 horsepower and 500 kilos! That's 100KG (220lb) LESS than an F1 car!
Quote from Janezki :chin chaw: I edited your signature because it violates the LFS Forum Agreement (part 3).
If you want to change it to another, you can do so, but please keep it within the forum rules.

Hacker or Moderator behind the scenes? wut?

Thank god i didnt see that link ...
Quote from hazaky :Hacker or Moderator behind the scenes? wut?

Thank god i didnt see that link ...

Uh, that was in year 2005. Maybe he was moderator, but then he got his status removed.
He retired, nothing sinister or dramatic at work here
Yes, we've had a few of moderators become inactive, although most still have their priveledges here.
Quote from Bob Smith :Yes, we've had a few of moderators become inactive, although most still have their priveledges here.

ahem.... shhhhhhh! :slap:

as for that Atom V8, I think it's safe to say that is no racing vehicle at all.. that thing is going to be a murderer, the stats on it are freaking insane.
Quote from george_tsiros :
they will land at the same point

Erm

Firstly the BMW will go lower and then land first, shorter than the caterham...?

EDIT: Missed a page :/
the bmw will go lower? why?
-
(NightShift) DELETED by NightShift : superfuous
Quote from george_tsiros :the bmw will go lower? why?

I failed. Ignore me :doh: God I'm going to do well in AS Physics.... :S

Of course, everything accelerates at the same rate due to gravity :doh:
Quote from XCNuse :ahem.... shhhhhhh! :slap:

as for that Atom V8, I think it's safe to say that is no racing vehicle at all.. that thing is going to be a murderer, the stats on it are freaking insane.

Even so, wouldn't you love to have a "beast" car within LFS, a car that really needs to be tamed to be able to drive propperly?
Yes.

Even a turbo version of the regular FZ5 would be spiffy. Maybe 550HP or so.
imo we need a big block heavy muscle car I think before anything else, all the cars in LFS are to similar.

The only heavy and not so nimble car we have is the FZ50, but even then it still fits in with the others, we need some old chevy or something.
Muscle cars are bad around tracks tho, and that is all LFS simulates really, if it's a muscle car, it should be a drag car.
Yes, and no.

It would be very fun to drive a very wobbly muscle car, no setup options at all except for tyre pressure.
I haz LX8
Quote from BlueFlame :Muscle cars are bad around tracks tho,

Exxxxacctly

I just think we need severely different handling cars, kinda like when the MRT was dropped in LFS it was totally different, the LXs are totally different, but all the middle cars are just.. typical not bad handling cars, they can take a beating and are slow enough you can recover quite easily.
I want to try out LX8. How can I try it? Download S1 demo? Will I be able to try the LX8 in demo? Where can I download S1 original?
Yes. It is canned.

The LX8 was not in any public version. It was in one of the "beta" testing versions, early S1 days I believe.

I think thats right. Dont take my word for it. Dont know the exact details.

You can download the version the car was in, but you cannot unlock it.
yep, gone along with the rally pack.
Quote from DevilDare :Yes. It is canned.

The LX8 was not in any public version. It was in one of the "beta" testing versions, early S1 days I believe.

I think thats right. Dont take my word for it. Dont know the exact details.

You can download the version the car was in, but you cannot unlock it.

I believe it was in the early s2 days, where s2 was something like pre-alpha.
Quote from Stefani24 :I believe it was in the early s2 days, where s2 was something like pre-alpha.

that'll be S1
Look at this:
LX8 @ Youtube.com

I want to try the LX8 or even more accurate, I'm going to try the LX8, but I need help with what I should do. Even if I need to buy myself a S1-lisence.

Pleeeaaaase help me :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG