The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Well it does. It might do anyway.

As I said, to me it seemed kinda stupid. Way too much power for such small car with barely any grip.

I did not find it fun. But like you said, it might be just me.

I think it was Bob Smith who said "A car can never be overpowered, only under controlled" or something along these lines.
Quote from DevilDare :Are you sure?

Pretty sure you cannot unlock it legally like you do with newest version.

I remember myself, unlocking it with my lfsusename.
That must have been a while ago as they changed the way LFS unlocks. 0.5F can't unlock legally now. You used to be able to though. Same reason S1 (not the licence, the full game) was still active and popular.
So how can I unlock it?
You need to have the 0,5F version and the 'cookie', Leofred

D0nt know if I was allowed to say that here.
Imo, i thought there was something really simpel to unlock it. Not a crack!
Hmmmm..
You will need to cheat either way to use the LX8 and it is a PANTS car!

Just use tweak in single player mode and give the LX6 a V8 and AWD. Engine noises are much better in the later version of LFS.

Dont think tweak is illegal is it? It only works in single player mode
Quote from Alec01 :You will need to cheat either way to use the LX8 and it is a PANTS car!

Just use tweak in single player mode and give the LX6 a V8 and AWD. Engine noises are much better in the later version of LFS.

Dont think tweak is illegal is it? It only works in single player mode

You can't make it have a V8 and why would you use AWD?! Moreso the LX8 GTR featured wider tyres than the LX6 plus they were slicks.
Quote from 5tag :You can't make it have a V8 and why would you use AWD?! Moreso the LX8 GTR featured wider tyres than the LX6 plus they were slicks.

In the previous S2 patch or the one before it there is a tweak available to have either inline, flat, or V configurations, also options to add turbos and change turbo pressure. The same tweak also gives the option to use the slick tyres.

I use AWD sometmes on the LX6 because if you set the differentials up right it is a very fast car and alot of fun. Down to personal preference I guess.
Quote from Alec01 :In the previous S2 patch or the one before it there is a tweak available to have either inline, flat, or V configurations, also options to add turbos and change turbo pressure. The same tweak also gives the option to use the slick tyres.

But that was not possible for LX cars as far as I know.
Quote from 5tag :But that was not possible for LX cars as far as I know.

All cars, including demo cars. But you have to modify the demo cars differently

Also I dont think the slick tyres could be applied to demo cars, but that doesnt bother me. I use Z28 now anyway so these mods are not available as of yet I dont think
Quote from Alec01 :All cars, including demo cars. But you have to modify the demo cars differently

Also I dont think the slick tyres could be applied to demo cars, but that doesnt bother me. I use Z28 now anyway so these mods are not available as of yet I dont think

You could only apply turbo's and other engine configurations to the demo cars.
Quote from G!NhO :You could only apply turbo's and other engine configurations to the demo cars.

Not true mate, i'll try and dig out the info on what tweaks I used. At one point I was using two different tweaks together but I cant remember what ones they were. I have quite a few on the pc so I will find out.

One was a very simple tweak with pre-made options and was mostly automated etc and the other was more crude that looked like it was made in excel or something. I stumbled across the options completely by accident
Wow... Road cars on slicks... that'd be interesting. Is there any chance you could forward me to that tweak? I have never had one that would let you change tyres or engine layout other than for the demo cars.
Quote from 5tag :Wow... Road cars on slicks... that'd be interesting. Is there any chance you could forward me to that tweak? I have never had one that would let you change tyres or engine layout other than for the demo cars.

You will need to use an older version of S2. I have 100% definately used all road cars with slicks but it was only possible by using two different tweaks at the same time.

I will try and find out what tweaks I used, as I say, I dont use them anymore due to using Z28.

EDIT: can anyone tell me if talking about tweaks etc is "illegal" on this forum? If they are I do not wish to get into trouble and will delete any mention of them from my posts.
I remember for patch Y there was slickmod which I used in conjunction with tweak. It even worked sometimes for Z, but now it doesn't
Quote from Alec01 :You will need to use an older version of S2. I have 100% definately used all road cars with slicks but it was only possible by using two different tweaks at the same time.

I will try and find out what tweaks I used, as I say, I dont use them anymore due to using Z28.

EDIT: can anyone tell me if talking about tweaks etc is "illegal" on this forum? If they are I do not wish to get into trouble and will delete any mention of them from my posts.

Thank you and no, it's not forbidden.
Quote from 5tag :Thank you and no, it's not forbidden.

K cool, I have just looked through my LFS stuff on this computer and cannot find the program I used, but will check my other pc's and external hdd's.

The program I used looked like LFSTune and it had a slick mod built into it right at the bottom of the car type list on the top right hand side.
Here is da beast (hope it is not forbidden to post screenshots of the lx8, otherwise a moderator can delete it)

Quote from 5tag :Wow... Road cars on slicks... that'd be interesting. Is there any chance you could forward me to that tweak? I have never had one that would let you change tyres or engine layout other than for the demo cars.

You can use slickmod patch Y because it is compatible with the older Z version like Z25 if i am right.

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG