The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
I disagreed on a GTR'd LX.

The closest thing to a GTR style Caterham is... erm... anyone?

I dunno, I don't think there is one. But it wouldn't fit in with what we associate a GTR car to be, and it'd have to undergo radical changes to be like one. Like a solid roof, for a start.

Just slapping a big engine and slicks onto an LX doesn't make a GTR car.

RB GTR would be sensational though.
It would be great to have race tyres on an LX6, let alone a V8 or downforce.
Given how fast most corners are on LFS tracks, I'd rather not see slicks on the LX8 if it ever does make an appearance in public. The only challenge on R2s would be keeping the rears cool, and that would mean driving like a grandma, which would take all the fun out of it.

I'd much rather see another LX like the ones we've got (albeit with a cage, no windscreen, taped headlamps and whatever else it ought to have for the track) but with even more power and pretty much the same amount of grip.
Despite the naysayers-

Slicks would not ruin the LX, it would just make it faster while preserving the nature of the car. i.e. Very Fun and balanced.

Sebastian hit the nail on the head. CSR260 FTW.

If our GTR class is to expand, then RAC GTR is the logical choice.
IMO, the only thing we need are slicks and a cage on the LX6 and just call it LXR or something in that nature. i don't believe it needs to be in a class other then it's own, although I'd love to see the RAC get race ready as well (maybe they could compete)

IMO, the LX cars are the most fun in the whole game, if raced on a hard track (South City, Fern bay, etc) as they are not meant for high-speed racing but rather maneuverability. Slap some slicks on them and you got an amazing car.
As people say above here, it would be great with the LX8 with slicks.
Why can`t it just be in it`s own class? Or the same class as the formula cars or something.
I know this is wrong, but if it`s too fast and doesn`t fit in any other of the classes it could of course be in a class for itself

But, that is daydreaming, because the car will never actual be released anyway :/

OH COMON, PLEASE PLEEEEEEEASE release it...
Quote from srdsprinter :If our GTR class is to expand, then RAC GTR is the logical choice.

Which would be awesome except for it using yet another inline-four.
You can try the LX6 on slicks with kegetys slickmod. On R1s the grip is immense, rock solid.
Hi pb32000,

The slickmod does not work anymore on the latest version (until U), do you have a working version with patch X, please ?

Cheers
Quote from Janezki :chin chaw: I edited your signature because it violates the LFS Forum Agreement (part 3).
If you want to change it to another, you can do so, but please keep it within the forum rules.

how did you edit it, you are not a moderator?
Quote from Rotary :It was canned and replaced by the UF GTR. In a nutshell, it was declared to difficult to drive and there were already to many RWD cars added to S2 (as if!!). Personally I would have loved to have the chance to decide that for myself - I wanted that car more than anything in S2, from the moment I saw it's first screenie.

Who could not love trying to tame a topless light-weight vehicle, V8 powered, no downforce, and with fat slicks??

This is the thread about it in the old RSC LFS forum

ARGH Link not working!!.. ok ignore, it's fine now.

Something about that thread made me laugh. Look at the first reply; people are talking about S3 since about 06-2005 (date of reply) And now people are still talking about S3 , i doubt that it is going to be released someday
Quote from harjun :how did you edit it, you are not a moderator?

Perhaps he was in August 2005 when he made that post?

:chair:
Quote from harjun :how did you edit it, you are not a moderator?

he used to be, though.

He gave it up due to lack of time
¨We can at least dream and hope that maybe the dev`s will suprise us and release it with S3 or something. But yet again,thats porbally years on in the future!
Quote from The Very End :¨We can at least dream and hope that maybe the dev`s will suprise us and release it with S3 or something. But yet again,thats porbally years on in the future!

But that's just it, the LX8 is already done so no work needs to be done to it to include it in an incompatible patch.
Actually I don't see why we don't already have it, I mean the FO8 was included in S2 even though it was impossible to drive it with those physics so is something being hard to drive really an excuse?
I'm dreaming of getting the dp and the lx8 in Y :|
Well thanks to downforce the FO8 was a pussycat as soon as you got it over about 80mph, it was only the slow corners where you had to be careful not to increase throttle at all or it would change ends. There are only three or four corners in LFS that you need to slow down that much for in the FO8.

(exaggeration FTW)
Quote from K.David :But that's just it, the LX8 is already done so no work needs to be done to it to include it in an incompatible patch.
Actually I don't see why we don't already have it, I mean the FO8 was included in S2 even though it was impossible to drive it with those physics so is something being hard to drive really an excuse?
I'm dreaming of getting the dp and the lx8 in Y :|

What I means is that they probally had to wait to release it in S3, because then we would get more cars, and it could finally find it class to fit in
But yet again, it`s only me that daydreams, something I do quite often hrmpf -.-
Talking in White FTW.
Locked threads FTW!
Back on topic:

How much would you pay for a can of LX8?

I don't support canned LX8, as LX8 nets are killing the dolphins!
And what did that mean?
I did not understand anything of that, but yet again, my english is pretty crap.

But, maybe we can "buy" the car back in LFS? If we all gives the Dev`s 1$ each, then they maybe would think twice
Sorry if it is a little tricky translation.

Tuna Fish comes canned (round tin), but catching the tuna they use nets that kill dolphins (boo hoo). Therefore I do not support canned tuna or canned LX8 in this case.

No Canned LX8!

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG