The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Goddamit Günni92, you made me cry!!
Won't happen indeed. Just like the VWS, Rockingham track, and tyre physics.
And i'm still crying....
Haven't you listened to the ending of the video? (and to the whole conclusion of this thread, for that matter?)

It won't.
I can hope, same as you, but it won't.
Quote from johnniewalker39 :Haven't you listened to the ending of the video? (and to the whole conclusion of this thread, for that matter?)

It won't.
I can hope, same as you, but it won't.

It will! We just have to wait until infinity! We will get everything if we just wait for it...
why would anyone want to drive lx8 , it looks undriveble , lx6 has more then inaf power .
i would want to see some radicals in lfs :[
By the description LX8 seems pretty radical to me!
The LX8 would have had slicks
IMO the road tyres on the lx6 have too less grip.
Imho road tyres have too less grip in general. Or at least they're too "slidy" at the edge of grip and slide and this feeling of the moment of losing grip is too small.. But that's just my feeling.
Well... we are 2 sides here:

1. The ones who want LX8
2. The ones who do not want LX8

(3. And the ones who decide, lol )
i'd totally want it.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :We have enough tracks, specially when OTC came...

So, LX8 ftw!

And after what we have got, I am still with the same opinion. But yes, in 3 years some might change and I say we might need some new tracks, altough it isn't that bad with current ones, However, driving LX8 on any Fern Bay track would be awesome, depending is it normal LX8 or LX8 GTR. ( tough what would be the difference? tyres? power? no idea, the talk between LX8 and LX8 GTR varies actually, but no one really cares as long as LX8/LX8 GTR would be released.)

So yeah, LX8 ftw!
I don't care! -.- LX8 was bad plan in lfs. LX8 much unreal.

Quote from GT4_PL :I don't care! -.- LX8 was bad plan in lfs. LX8 much unreal.

like 90% of the lfs content
dear scavier,

people are waiting desperately for some years now to get any new car to drive with the wonderful (current!) physics of lfs.
you managed to make at least two cars that you showed to the community but then refused to publicly release them for reasons that are at least "a bit strange", because they will not take away the fun untill better physics are ready.
for months and months now the top treads in the forum ask for those cars and yet you choose to ignore that. why is that so?

what would it hurt to release the vws and the lx8 (with slick tires) to the community to have some fun, while waiting on "the next big thing"?

to the most of us it hurts way more being constantly ignored by a once wide open dev team that wanted to make the best racing simulator possible, together with the people in the longest alpha/beta stage of any modern game. did you realize how the community came to live for a short while, when you announced a new test patch, even if just a small fraction of users have any benefit from oculus development right now?
we all accept your way of working and your work life balance is important, so you can stay healthy and happy to do some more great simulation work in the future, but please do give us something to bridge the gap to he next big release.

being independant is a great thing (do not let faccebuuk buy lfs!!!), but being stubborn and constantly ignoring the most urgent wishes of the community is just not good! maybe you end up with a great product, but with no people to play it in the end...

why do i still keep writing this? maybe because i care a lot for lfs and its bigger vision to become a virtual driving platform for all kinds of vehicles and i am afraid that the devs do not realize the level of frustration their strange behaviour in the last years have caused?
even an independant producer is dependant on his customers - a game is depending on it players, so there has to be some respect in both ways.

if the vws and the lx8 are so bad compared to the cars that are already in lfs, why not just give them to us "for a limited time"? to bridge the gap to the new physics and s3 content release, just include them to the test patches and communicate that fact openly and proactive, so later noone can complain if those two cars vanish again.
if the s3 release rocks with new physics, new tracks, new cars (?) and the long awaited interiors for some cars, then nobody will be sad if those two cars are left out of the game again.

just think about it, will you? and if you decide to not do it and not be nice to the community who has supported you all the years then maybe it is time to leave you alone, even if this would be really sad. and i will continue playing with lfs as it is right now, because there still is nothing better out there (besides richard burns rally untill the famous lfs rally pack will surface).

do you really care if we stay or if we quit playing lfs? if your goals to make the best racing simulator are true, then you should care about every single one of us... we are in this together...

and coming from a marketing point of view: it is way harder to convince a customer that has been frustrated and turned his back on you, then to get new customers that get impressed by the features of the product. so please don´t do the same mistake as for instance the mobile carriers do by stupildy just treating "new" customers with all kinds of offerings, but not treating long time customers with the same respect and gratitude.

peace, mo
Why the LX8?

The LX6 doesn't ever get used, and has probably been less used than any other car in LFS.

Why do we need another car that no one has the patience to learn how to drive?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why the LX8?

The LX6 doesn't ever get used, and has probably been less used than any other car in LFS.

lx6 is too overpowered for the noobs and too underpowered for the pros
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why the LX8?

Then LX2
Something like Caterham Seven 160

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG