The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
What surprises me is the apparent interest in the LX8, yet no plans to include it in LFS. Why not give the players what they want?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Hmmm 3 liter V8, 345 bhp, and only 659 kg? Good for making donuts, but other than that it's undrivable with the current tire physics.

A post that would have been very true at the time just before the LX8 got scrapped, but oh my, not any more.

Quote from Tweaker :By the looks of it, tire size needs to be wider if you want to recreate the LX8

Using 265/40/16s at the rear, that not wide enough? 205/50/16s at the front.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Hmmm 3 liter V8, 345 bhp, and only 659 kg? Good for making donuts, but other than that it's undrivable with the current tire physics.

Why? The Sauber is quite easy without traction control, and that's got more power and less weight. The FormulaV8 is quite easy to drive, and that's got more power and less weight. What is so special about 345hp and 659kg that will make it undriveable?

So you have to slow down for the corners. I hardly think it'll be undrivable, but I'm sure you'll need to keep your wits about you when pushing hard. We'll find out I suppose.
Ben is such a tease, have I told how handsome you are too?

I wonder if the reason they scrapped it was the ridiculous speed it would achieve, I mean, it's basically a box on wheels meaning it shouldn't be that aerodynamical. What is the top speed of that thing oh the handsome Benbob the modder mod?

Great magic front suspension arms by the way!

Quote from tristancliffe :Why? The Sauber is quite easy without traction control, and that's got more power and less weight. The FormulaV8 is quite easy to drive, and that's got more power and less weight. What is so special about 345hp and 659kg that will make it undriveable?

As far as I understood there is no wings on the Lx8. Thats probally why it would be a bitch to drive
Quote from tristancliffe :Why? The Sauber is quite easy without traction control, and that's got more power and less weight. The FormulaV8 is quite easy to drive, and that's got more power and less weight. What is so special about 345hp and 659kg that will make it undriveable?

No downforce in LX8? [Edit: too slow]

Bob, stop teasing us like that, you're evil

@Tweak: That massive tires was in need back then with not so good tyre physics, to make it so-so driveable. Not needed any more I guess
Quote from The Very End :As far as I understood there is no wings on the Lx8. Thats probally why it would be a bitch to drive

Quote from BlackEye :No downforce in LX8?

Sissy talk of the men without extensive ball collection!
Quote from Blackout :Sissy talk of the men without extensive ball collection!

I'm all for a LX8, it's gonna be fun fun fun

Just that Tristan was comparing downforce cars and non downforce one
I don't really see how not having downforce will make it undrivable. You just go a bit slower. It's not like the tyre physics were flawed with lots of power (ala S1). Wheelspin and slides are corrected by lifting and countersteering, and avoided by driving skill. It might not be as easy as the single seaters (yes, I know they become difficult when you get faster), but I think undrivable is the wrong word.

Slightly tricky might be better.
Oh yes, might be I didn't understand your point then

I'm hoping that it drives something like LX6 did in S1
Quote from Blackout :Sissy talk of the men without extensive ball collection!

Oh oh ohhh!

I have asked for the Lx8 all the way, and I would love to drive it, and I`m sure it`s handleable if you just takes it easy in the corners.
Any chance of a sound clip?

Oh... and it might need one of these: they're only simple, one guy made one at home:

^ya i just saw that on a paintball forum i frequent. guess they got pissed after lotus beat them.
Quote :Included in the cost of the RST-V8 is a two-day driver training course when you take delivery.

Heh
Caterham RST-V8 Levante cracks the 1000 bhp per tonne mark, scares children.

Best headline ever.
That is one insane creation. Good thing to throw at the Devs and ask for the LX8 back.

They thefted the V8 grille logo off a Scania V8 truck. None the less I think this V8 will (as much as I think a Scania V8 sounds awesome for a diesel) sound a lot better, and obviously it performs better.

£115k though, you could probably get a 'Busa V8 fitted into your average Caterham for less than that and still get as much power, if not more. Just think, the Ghostrider's 'Busa had 500bhp, two of those would make somewhere in the region of 1000bhp. :jawdrop:

And I agree with Quicksilver, that has to be the best headline ever!
Had to bring this one back XCNuse.

But that does stimulate the senses just thinking about it, and provokes the, one day, "maybe?" in my mind.
The cunning devs must have decided that the LX8 won't come out until S3 as a marketing ploy.
Quote from XCNuse :Severe bump

Maybe this will fit in as the "real life edition" LX8
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/0 ... -bhp-per-ton-mark-scares/

Nice, but if we will get LX8 on some day, I wouldn't want it to be like that. I mean look at it, it looks like a friggin space ship.

Thought I still like LX4 better than LX6, but LX8 with something like Rover V8 would be nice. Just add V8 and slicks and rollcage to LX6 and we have it.

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG