The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Quote from skstibi :
Hate to say this but the ONLY front wheel drive car I can drive is the UFR and I am still scared S***LESS!!! In my opinion, I don't think driving the LX8 would be any worse to drive than the UFR or the XFR.
I can sure as heck drive the LX6 better than I can the Front wheel drive cars.illepall

whatttttt? The ufr is great and quite easy to drive : light and quite powerfull (but you have to do a good setup, like for every car)

PS : I want to see the 'LX8 GTR' (yes, LX8-LXR is the same car, remember)too, and don't forget that LX6 - Rac- FZ5 are not really in a class!!
There is nothing to see on that page
Only renders from modified cars.
Ah well...

Maybe it will come back...?

170 vs. 178
lol
Quote from skstibi :I think the LX8 would be a good competition for the FO8 if it has a true V8 with about 400-450BHP.

how would that be possible without wings attached generating downforce?
Quote from ajp71 :Firstly they were very difficult to drive but they were better suited to a big engine because:

- The engines were smaller than a Rover V8 with a neat gearbox/diff coming straight out the back and some of the cars had the engine as a stressed member.

And which block did you think that Repco-Brabham engine was based on?
Quote from csurdongulos :how would that be possible without wings attached generating downforce?

Ok, It would be an interesting race. LX8 faster on the straights and the FO8 faster in the turns.
Not really... The LX8 would maybe win on the oval. Maybe.
Quote from Primoz :Not really... The LX8 would maybe win on the oval. Maybe.

I doubt it. If the LX8 was as fast as the F08 on the straights, which would be a seriously mega-mega-mega-fast "7", then there would be a fair of slowing down to do for that final corner without the wings to help out

I think they should "can" the LX8, and just make a proper 4 cylinder racing 7, and do it properly. Find the specs of the CSR260 race-cars and copy them, and the exterior changes too.
Quote from SkyNet :Imho i'd like to see the LX8 in S2 full. We got road cars and their racing (GTR) versions, only the LX cars don't have their GTR version.

A lil´ OT but I really would like to have a GTR version of the RB4.
Quote from Crazy Harry :A lil´ OT but I really would like to have a GTR version of the RB4.

why? theres the fxr with 4WD..
Because imho RB4 looks so much better.
Quote from Crazy Harry :A lil´ OT but I really would like to have a GTR version of the RB4.

Not before I get a RAR (RAC GTR)! Now THAT's a sexy car!
Yeah, beautyful lady rides.
Attached images
lx8_297.jpg
ra_gtr_126.jpg
These cars are crazy
I heard Ra exists fo real, is it true?
If it's true, i need one

And we need gtr version in lfs that no have yet
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
For raceabout It was good advertising to being in lfs, i think.
I think not so many is made.
#94 - Tege
Quote from thisnameistaken :Does anyone know how many Raceabouts they built? Was it a one-off or did they produce a few of them?

Since know one else has answered to this... Only one is made which has been improved over the years.
Quote from Tege :Since know one else has answered to this... Only one is made which has been improved over the years.

and i own it! i wish!!!!!
The LX8 would be more powerful than to be the RWD competition for the UFR and XFR, right? Guess it would make its own class like the UF1.
However it may be, I want it badly
This FO8 thing.. even though outdated....

but point boils!!!

Open Wheel Racecars do not COMPETE or COMPARE to ROADCARS!
s'nuff !
And that bump was useful because....
Codie, enough with bumping all of the LX8 threads. If you have nothing important to bring up, then don't bring it up, if there is something that hasn't been pointed out before, then bring it up in a new thread, these threads are extremely dated and physics were totally different back then. Comparisons then can't even be considered comparisons to the physics now.
No downforce on those would be great.

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG