The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Check the date mate!
And they have finally removed the pics from the site too, I think its burried
#28 - Don
Yup, only difference is that exhaust pipe, the complete skin is the same btw, looking at your second pic, the skin was meant for the LX6
It would be nice if they will reintroduce LX8 with S2 Final
Maybe with the new tyre physic will be drivable
I guess my hope has been for nothing

Maybe Eric's been working on one? I hope so, he's been silent for too long
Oh, I really would love to see it in S2-final (or earlier ). It could be tweaked that it could compete in the GTR-class, or it could get yet another "road-car with slicks" for a 2-car class
#33 - wark
Quote from Don :i think it looked the same as lx6, just with exhausts on both sides

Quote from sgt.flippy :Yup, only difference is that exhaust pipe

Excepting the rear fender flares...
Me wants that :P

Along with a LX GTR car, LFS needs another 4WD GTR, RB GTR would be sensational
I still wonder that wouldn't LX8 be pretty unrealistic when LX4 is now the road version and LX6 already a race-tuned version?
Well, i don't know what happened to his original sig picture... but that roflcopter game is great :hyper:
Quote from deggis :I still wonder that wouldn't LX8 be pretty unrealistic when LX4 is now the road version and LX6 already a race-tuned version?

LX6 isnt a race tuned version, but just a more powerful version. (it hasn't slicks)

LX4, LX6 and LX8 are between them exactly like XRG, XRT and XRR
To be honest, I'd a rather had an LX8 than the BMW
I would like to see it competing with the GTR cars.
Yeah, it would have to be a real V8 like a 5 1/2" liter
and two 4bbl carberators... something old school, yet competitive.
Quote from herki :Oh, I really would love to see it in S2-final (or earlier ). It could be tweaked that it could compete in the GTR-class, or it could get yet another "road-car with slicks" for a 2-car class

Quote :
I still wonder that wouldn't LX8 be pretty unrealistic when LX4 is now the road version and LX6 already a race-tuned version?

I have no clue where the devs got the idea of a 1.8 straight 6 from, sounds gorgeous though. The LX6 is comparable to the fastest K series engined Caterhams and probably similar to the Westfield Megabusa but not as fast as the Vauxhaul Lotus Caterhams (don't think the factory has ever offered them). If the LX8 was to be at all realistic then it would probably have a Rover V8 (like the Westfield) because the chassis would never take a small block and racing V8s like in the FO8 are in a different league. If it's like RL the LX8 should struggle to be any faster than the LX6 (even with slicks) because the V8 is bulky and heavy (well actually very light by V8 standards but still heavier than a 4 pot) and stiffness will be an issue just like it is IRL and that's why the Westfield SEights aren't normally raced. There are fundamental limitations with the Lotus 7/Caterham design that mean that it will never be as quick as the GTR cars, even that German one with wings will never really get much faster than the FOX type speeds.
Quote from Racer Y :
Yeah, it would have to be a real V8 like a 5 1/2" liter

For that you'll have to look on your side of the pond... or a Cobra would do the job.
I would redo the LX series and not base it on number of cylinders, but instead on power. Caterhams are available with horsepower from 120hp (only classic has 105hp) to the 260hp CSR 260, all with very light 4 cylinder engines: http://www.caterham.co.uk/showroom/index.htm.

Since these are the current cars, LFS should model these, not the cars of the past. If there are to be 3 different LX's, then I'd recommend 140hp, 200hp, and 260hp. The 260hp version should have bias ply slicks, as these are often used for wheel to wheel racing. The CSR 260 includes a dry sump oil system so it can deal with the conering forces from slicks.
Agree with you there Jeff, although for variety why not:
* One standard four banger
* One bike engined LX
* One V8 LX
Quote from Bob Smith :Agree with you there Jeff, although for variety why not:
* One bike engined LX
* One V8 LX

westfield (car company) put a 4.0l v8 in a caterham (oly had 200hp)
Race LX
Quote from anbiddulph :westfield (car company) put a 4.0l v8 in a caterham (oly had 200hp)

I know, my Dad built one.
Quote from Bob Smith :Agree with you there Jeff, although for variety why not:
* One bike engined LX
* One V8 LX

There are equivalents with the regular motors:

Standard 4 banger - 140hp

Bike Engine - Busa at 175hp, or ZX14 at about 190hp, close enough to 200hp.

V8 LX - although Cosworth tunes the Duratec to 260hp, more can be had.

Note that the Duratec motor is very light, 50 lbs lighter than the Zetec it replaced for the Caterhams.
Quote from JeffR :
V8 LX - although Cosworth tunes the Duratec to 260hp, more can be had.

Well the Rover engine can be tuned to 400bhp reliably in road legal (minus emmissions) and 24 hour race worth state. Although I think if a standard Seight is over engined then this may be a bit of a handful
Anyway, whatever engine it will use, seems that all agree on adding an LX8 here!

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG