The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Quote from DevilDare :Yes. It is canned.

The LX8 was not in any public version. It was in one of the "beta" testing versions, early S1 days I believe.

I think thats right. Dont take my word for it. Dont know the exact details.

You can download the version the car was in, but you cannot unlock it.

You can unlock it. You are mis-informed. The version with the LX8 in works perfectly. 0.5F is the version you need to find. You can unlock it though, I did, I just used my current username and password and it unlocked all cars as normal.
Quote from BlueFlame :You can unlock it. You are mis-informed. The version with the LX8 in works perfectly. 0.5F is the version you need to find. You can unlock it though, I did, I just used my current username and password and it unlocked all cars as normal.

Cant unlock it. "Cant connect to master server"
What can I do??
Find... ... yeah.. that's what You should find...
Quote from Leofred2000 :Cant unlock it. "Cant connect to master server"
What can I do??

you get this message because the master servers ip has changed since then
I have found the S2 0.5F verson, and the LX8 is there, but only in "license mode" not demo. I cant activate my license because "Cannot connect to master server".

Can I modify something in the LFS-folders directory to make it see my license without connecting to master server??
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :you get this message because the master servers ip has changed since then

How can I change the master servers ip in 0.5F so it will connect to the right ip?
interested
Quote from DevilDare :Yes. It is canned.

Not necessarily - It was replaced for S2 by the UFR, as the LX8 and XFR would be alone in their own classes. (See here)

This doesn't mean it won't make an appearance in S3 at some point.
Quote from Leofred2000 :How can I change the master servers ip in 0.5F so it will connect to the right ip?

You can only crack that version to play it full...
Quote from matijapkc :you can only crack that version to play it full...

DO NOT USE THAT WORD!

You are on the public and official forums of this game, don't talk about cracks please.
Quote from matijapkc :You can only crack that version to play it full...

not everything needs to be cracked.

IIRC, the master server IP is coded to lfs.exe, and i think it can be edited via something, hex edit or any else.
Quote from rockclan :DO NOT USE THAT WORD!

You are on the public and official forums of this game, don't talk about cracks please.

Errr why? While I agree that cracks for lfs should not be really mentioned, if you have already bought a licence there I don't see what the problem is. I remember admiting on here that I cracked lfs to play single player at uni because the uni pc's wouldn't connect to the master server to unlock (before anyone asks, I was already licenced at the time)
Yea, agree there. I dont mind on how I can make it work, as long as it does.
If I can change the ip so it can connect or manipulate some files in the directory so it will be opened, it doesnt matter. But it would maybe be easier to change some ip, right...?

PM me for suggestions on how I can make it work, if this can cause disturbences on the forum.
I also tried the LX8 some month ago with that 0,5f version, ofc it was cracked but i dont know whats so special about this, i mean i didnt drive online (also not possible)
LX6 + more hp = LX8 ?

Tweak?
Tweak is cheating. I want to try the original LX8.
...by "cracking" it?!

What i actually meant was, that there is no difference between them, but hp, right?
LX8 has slick tyres, more BHP, and the more important thing: 2 exhausts
Quote from BlueFlame :You can unlock it. You are mis-informed. The version with the LX8 in works perfectly. 0.5F is the version you need to find. You can unlock it though, I did, I just used my current username and password and it unlocked all cars as normal.

Are you sure?

Pretty sure you cannot unlock it legally like you do with newest version.
The LX8 were in a limited version IIRC. Some special users / beta users were aviable to use it. But for the most people - it was not possible to use.
If you can't unlock it it's probably because the IP has changed.
i Drove it, it sux
Indeed.

When I tried it I couldnt keep it in a straight line. Way too much power with too little grip. The thing is still doing a burnout in 3rd/4th gear off the line.
Quote from Lible :If you can't unlock it it's probably because the IP has changed.

Most likely, but that must gonna change some how...

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG