The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
That thing would be a beast to drive in LFS.

The "cracks the 1000 bhp per tonne mark" got me thinking about sprint car specs:

WoO car specs
Engine: maximum of 410 cubic inches
Fuel system: fuel injection
Horsepower: 750-815
Compression ratio: 13-17:1
RPM: 8000-8200
Speed: up to 150 m.p.h.
Powertrain: in/out direct drive with quick-change rear end
Fuel: methanol
Wheelbase: 86-88 inches
Width: 77 inches
Weight: 1,150-1,250 pounds
Chassis: light chrome-moly frame
Suspension: mostly torsion bar, some coil-over
Right rear tire: 103-106 inches in circumference
Wheels: chrome
Steering system: power steering

1304 hp/ton, not bad at all.
Bloody Hell thats a Beautiful Beast!

C'mon Scavier.....there is obvious interest in a bigger and badder LX (race prepped please :P )
You evil thing, you riped up the old wounds lol
But yes, I do want that thing, and I want it now.
that lx12 is like........WOW
Very interesting. Just a few days ago I got a copy of Grand Prix Legends and have been wondering how something similar to the 1967 F1 car would feel in LFS, some thing RWD with huge power to weight ratio and no downforce(important). Apart from the front engine layout an LX8 would be pretty damn close.
this was useless guys go to

Car we want to see in S3......
wish i could drive the lx8 again......omg what?!?!?!?

oooo the pain
In What version LX8 Are? I want to taste it.
being as you're a demo user you can't?
Quote from Mr. 7un10r :In What version LX8 Are? I want to taste it.

In no official versions. I think it has been in a testpatch.

And indeed, not in demo versions anyway
Quote from marzman :In no official versions. I think it has been in a testpatch.

And indeed, not in demo versions anyway

it never was in a test patch,

some beta testers tested it. (you will find the story some where in this theard)
Quote from Mr. 7un10r :In What version LX8 Are? I want to taste it.

i ask you some thing:

do you ever drove the lx6 or the lx4, if you have, do you have a s1 licance
Quote from hotmail :i ask you some thing:

do you ever drove the lx6 or the lx4, if you have, do you have a s1 licance

Are u a cop?
Whats with this latest trend of dragging up the oldest threads possible.. are people really that bored?
-
(chavm481) DELETED by SamH
Scirocco?
-
(chavm481) DELETED by SamH
Quote from chavm481 :yup...

Another quality response consisting of a 1 word reply followed by 3438 dots from chavm481 here on LFS Forums

</troll>

Sorry
Think of the LX8 is just an overpowered RAC (power wise)
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Think of the LX8 is just an overpowered RAC (power wise)

don't forget the slicks, it was still nearly impossible to control the car with those bloody things on it.
An LX can't be overpowered. Just under-controlled.
Quote from Senninha25 :don't forget the slicks, it was still nearly impossible to control the car with those bloody things on it.

Don't forget that older versions of lfs had poor tyre physics. I just runned LFS patch K and oh god (all cars where understeery compared to patch Z).
Quote from Bawbag :Why don't you think of it as a overpowered LX6?

shush you!

Imagine an RAC-GTR
It would be nice to upgrade the current LX series to reflect the current Seven replicas, like the Caterhams.

A real Caterham CSR uses a 4 cylinder 2.3 liter engine and comes in 200 hp and 260 hp version. An LX4 could be 140 hp, LX6 200 hp, and LX8 260 hp, even though all would be 4 cylinder engines. With 260 hp, top speed increases from 140 mph to 155 mph.

Bias ply racing slicks for the LX8 (or LX6) would be nice and duplicate the slicks used for many Caterham based racing events. I tested the patch Z LX6 and the LX's physics has improved greatly since the S1 days. It's no longer that difficult to drive.

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG