The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Try other cars too, pretty much all are undriveable in that version
I guess on current physics things will be much better
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Try other cars too, pretty much all are undriveable in that version
I guess on current physics things will be much better

As for now it would be equivalent of Caterham Seven 620R, and with current physics maybe it would be drivable
You could barely keep any car straight on higher speed, they were so swingy at that point of the game as far as I remember. LX8 is pretty fun though.
this ages old argument of the lx8 simply being too difficult to drive is still not a valid reason to me not to let the community play with it.
this car is difficult to drive if you floor the throttle like stupid, but this is not bad but only a challenge for the driver.
and in a race everybody has the same hard time controling that beast, which in turn shows who has the most sensitive throttle foot and who can drive right on the edge without tripping over.
nobody says anything about the first generation porsche 911 turbo being "undriveable" in the game platforms that offer this car, but the reality is that this was one of the most difficult cars to control if you lost the rear end - and being a rear engine design with lots of weight at the back - this happens very, very suddenly. so if we, the players, can live with difficult cars in other games, why not give us the chance to try for ourselves if we can handle the lx8.

as a good example you can take the loading screens in "richard burns rally", where they state: "even if your car can easily go 160mph on straights, that does not mean you have to floor the throttle all the time. if you find yourself crashing all the time try starting a bit slower and gradually increase your speed over time".

and when the new physics are finally being released we all have to learn to drive again anyways, so please devs, take this finished part of lfs out of the recycler and release it as an interims gift to the community to have something to play with for a few weeks. thank you!

peace, mo
molocco i absolutly agree with you. Even now when you try to drive F08 or BF1 without traction control it's very challenging (easier because of downforce) but in the slower corners very demanding from driver
So i don't see any reason why there coudn't be challenging car in GTR class.
Quote from Simpson :As for now it would be equivalent of Caterham Seven 620R, and with current physics maybe it would be drivable

Nah...the 620R is light...put a V8 in and it has a heavy front end with a ridiculous amount of torque at the back end....but fun...
As Molocco said...anything can be drivable with the correct approach.

You can drive a car that will wheelspin in third gear....this car has over 500bhp and 495lb/ft...

Ac?
Quote from rosewood2 :The difficult part may be controlling the car because from that video it seems difficult.

Video driver looks like he doesn't know the car and is using a low resolution peripheral e.g. gamepad.
Any news on the poor little LX8 ?
with the physics of that time, you were spinning the car in the straight of blackwood just before the split time ... it was a bit too much crazy, and tyres were hot too quickly, meaning the car was clearly undriveable by that time
But with current physics, it could be quite good ... and with some tuning and small downforce ... :rally_dri
But, Scawen decide on this topic

I remember him talking about a buggy never shown to public too
Quote from Flotch :with the physics of that time, you were spinning the car in the straight of blackwood just before the split time ... it was a bit too much crazy, and tyres were hot too quickly, meaning the car was clearly undriveable by that time
But with current physics, it could be quite good ... and with some tuning and small downforce ... :rally_dri
But, Scawen decide on this topic

I remember him talking about a buggy never shown to public too

Can you link me to the buggy quote? I do know one of the hidden CarTypes is for a buggy of some sort
Quote from Cabriolet21 :Can you link me to the buggy quote? I do know one of the hidden CarTypes is for a buggy of some sort

I found it being mentioned by Victor in an interview at planet3dgames from March 2005.

Quote :[P3G]: After S2 has been postponed, will the rally pack be released at all or will it even be included in the game?

[Victor]: We have not yet decided on all details about the rally pack. It is something we really want to do - it's great that LFS can simulate all these different environments and for example we have also had great buggy races in the early days of LFS development, so we know it's a blast and a must have for LFS in the future. Just don't ask when - we don't know

good find, thank you Flame CZE
What if he meant buggy (like software bug) ?
-
(MandulAA) DELETED by MandulAA : misread, sorry.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :What if he meant buggy (like software bug) ?

Did you even read the full sentence? I doubt he want to have bugs in the future.
i was kinda trolling
Quote from Bose321 :I advice you to remove that text before TVE wakes up and loses his mind.

:munching_
Quote from Flame CZE :I found it being mentioned by Victor in an interview at planet3dgames from March 2005.

Thanks... That's the first place I've heard mention of a "rally pack"... what is a rally pack?? Would it be rally cars? Or like rally courses?
The 'Rally Pack' was something the forum users were talking about when I turned up in 2005, so it's an idea that is ten years old and has not materialised yet.

I appreciate that there are features that are still expected to arrive that are many years late, but I would not expect any 'rally pack' to ever happen.
oh man.. talk about the rally pack and LX8?

That brings back memories...
Quote from thisnameistaken :The 'Rally Pack' was something the forum users were talking about when I turned up in 2005, so it's an idea that is ten years old and has not materialised yet.

I appreciate that there are features that are still expected to arrive that are many years late, but I would not expect any 'rally pack' to ever happen.

Kev pls,

Rally Pack comes out next Thursday.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Kev pls,

Rally Pack comes out next Thursday.

Thursday*

* Time:
a: An interval, especially a span of years, marked by similar events, conditions, or phenomena; an era. Often used in the plural
b: Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
God damn rallypack!
I knew that you'd lose your mind TVE!

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG