The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Yeah!
I actually managed to drive a whole lap with the thing without spinning
Quote from 5tag :Now what is the artist trying to tell us?

That he got an infraction for posting LX8 screenshots, I guess.
so lx8 was illegal from the beginning?
LX6 with the old physic engine was a pain. I guess LX8 should be worse.
But it would be interesting to see what it does with slick in the actual version which is nearly impossible I imagine.
It is (was) possible to do something like that in Z, I remember Troy and the Concept Racing guys setting up a weekly meeting with a tweaked LX6 (slicks, some more power) - driveable but quite a handful...
All the information and links are buried in the forums somewhere, one only needs a good spade
Quote from Mille Sabords :I remember Troy and the Concept Racing guys setting up a weekly meeting with a tweaked LX6 (slicks, some more power) - driveable but quite a handful...

Yup it was called LX75. I did try it offline for my own enjoyment and off my vague recollection it had over 300 bhp. Not sure about the slicks though.
Kegetys' Slickmod stopped working after the last patch, but there are several tweak programs still useable (but none mods stuff apart from the engine and drivetrain).
The streetcars on Race tires have a tendency to role over, almost as bad as the UFR
Quote from -NightFly- :so lx8 was illegal from the beginning?

It was never in an officially released version, AFAIK.
Quote from zeugnimod :It was never in an officially released version, AFAIK.

Though I'd not say it is illegal. It contains no modifications to the game thus being of no damage to the developers. I am pretty sure if it really was not allowed to be talked about or to be shown on screenshots at least the pictures or even the whole thread would have been deleted/locked.
I think it's "illegal" in the fact that it should never have been released?
#338 - War
Well i think LX8 is a good idea. Would be simple do to. Tweak the engine, add a rollcage and a race interior(like on the XRR and XFR). But when they say its impossible to handle, then why not a 4WD conversion like the FXR has. Just my few ideas.
Yea, wht don´t we make it FWD and ruin it for good!

No, really, if it´s ever appearing in this sim, it must be just as crazy and awful, as it originally was. We get to play with all kinds of electronic aids with the scirocco, so LX8 would balance it out pretty well.
this car is a beast drove it a few months ago i really hope they reintroduce it
so it was in a test patch, so its basically done...why dont they just finish the tiny bit that needs to be done, and release it
because since then there has been a major physics update
wait quick question....do all the cars automatically have the new feel...or do the devs have to re-modify everything?

as inif we get a major physics update and the devs just leave some cars with all their previous code, will they have the update or no?
Coding new tyre physics should apply to all cars that have tyres, correct me if I'm wrong.
thats what i was thinking...so if thats true, then whats the harm in just adding the lx8 into the list of cars
Quote from logitekg25 :thats what i was thinking...so if thats true, then whats the harm in just adding the lx8 into the list of cars

Quote from http://www.lfs.net/?page=rockingham :
License
We realised that at some point we need to move onto the S3 license and it would be better for the community to be able to start using S3 content sooner rather than later. The current plan is to also include another car in the initial content of the S3 license.

Maybe its the other car (:
Quote from logitekg25 :.. then whats the harm in just adding the lx8 into the list of cars

I guess they just say fk-it - they moan too much. But seriously, the LX6 isn't really the favorite car around, because it's already extremely hard to keep straight (for most people anyways)
On the other hand, maybe it is on the list.. who knows (i hope thats not the new car because that would be a dissapointment - Twaek+LX6=LX8)
At least it wasnt possible to drive the Lx8 with the old patch 0,5f.. so I dont think they will bring it back
I love the lx6 and i would love a V8 version even more.
Quote from G!NhO :I love the lx6 and i would love a V8 version even more.

+1.

Too bad that there aren't any LX cups running at the moment.

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG