The online racing simulator
Quote from ANAMENOONEHAD :no new tracks? i hope they really put new tracks its been how long. new tires are great and a new car is good. but if its on the same old tracks.....i dont see it lasting.... my enthusiasm. Hopefully they will suprise us with new environments alot of them.

Try to see it this way: if the new physics change enough the way you need to drive, then you don't get only one new car. You get one new car and 20 revised cars and also tracks need to driven differently. I want this more than new content. New track is new only for a while and without physics update it would be the same driving experience.
Quote from Bluebird B B :Just find as many sources as possible with actual measurements and try to figure out what kind of car they are driving. For example 900-1000kg lmp cars are pulling 4.5g' s in fast corners, which makes the 4.5g maximum of the bf1 in lfs rather look ok.

Source for that LMP figure? Just curious. I have seen in tv broadcast LMP2 cars pulling 3.5 G (turn 9 at Laguna Seca) but that was also the maximum of the telemetry graphics.
Quote from eduardoCHI :yes my friend.

LIVE FOR SPEED IS DEAD!!!

pffff 1 car new in 2 years ; we need more cars, we need new and more tracks, new game modes, examples: Nordschleife, monza gp, audis rs, porsches gtr, mode race 24hrs ... etc.

A demoer, this never gets old ... Say's the noob who doesnt even support devs with buyng the game lol ...
I really appreciate your work Scawen. That is really nice information about what is going on with LFS. I'm very happy with the tyre physics update that is coming. Good luck with further work on it!
Quote from Bob Smith :Is that question aimed at me or another Bob? I'm not aware of what issues you are referring to?

:jester:

Aha, now I understand your other comment. You are living in the future. Welcome to the present: http://www.vehicle-analyser.com/skidpan_results.PNG

Even the same car will lead to different results, the Corvette C6 Z06 was measured between 0.97 and 1.03, so not all skidpans are the same, and results might vary 6% going by this.. edit GM themselves claim 1.04

Still, road supers in LFS are rather good indeed.
Very interested in the new changes Thanks Scawen
Jihaa!
Quote from Byku :Guys... i know that this is offtopic ... but i doubt that we will get new track in S2... they need to earn something and they need to have something for S3 to sell! We are already getting new cars and other updates .

Cant wait to see how tha new physics will change the car feeling.

And it is a good moment for tracks refinement as with new patch all WRs will be cleared.
No more soapy tires = Lovely
Quote from Kristi :No more soapy tires = Lovely

One thing, we do now know how much improvement it is compared to the old physics

But when that is said, I really that's true tho!
Quote from The Very End :One thing, we do now know how much improvement it is compared to the old physics

But when that is said, I really that's true tho!

Maybe we will be able to use R1s and R2s again without having to worry. Would be great!
Quote from Kristi :No more soapy tires = Lovely

Quote from Deutschland2007 :Maybe we will be able to use R1s and R2s again without having to worry. Would be great!

Crosses fingers
But as it looks now, it seems the weight of the car is more shown, due to the tweaking of tyre physics / new physics. Will look more realistic, and hopefully feel as realistic as possible.
But then again, I don't drive real life racing so what the **** do I know?
Looking foward to the new patch, maybe it will get me away from iRacing for a while . Good news Scawen, good luck.
It's good to hear this from one of the devs, this physics update was one of the musts to fix, I hope this won't take much longer, also I'd like to see something new from Eric besided the interiors.
Quote from RiGun :It's good to hear this from one of the devs, this physics update was one of the musts to fix, I hope this won't take much longer, also I'd like to see something new from Eric besided the interiors.

Didn´t he write they are already testing it? But I think he also wrote that there are still a couple of things to do. Should be right, can´t be bothered to read the first post again. :P
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Didn´t he write they are already testing it? But I think he also wrote that there are still a couple of things to do. Should be right, can´t be bothered to read the first post again. :P

Di they say something about work eric wil do or am i blind?

And deutch weh should be going to bed now?? atleats im going to bed.
Great news!
overhauling the whole tyre model, the physics heart of lfs, without a word is legendary. its very encouraging to hear that you managed to do it on a project like this without a total re-write too. eager to play spot the difference!
Wow! The most realistic racing sim is getting better! I can't wait for this
Yeah!!

now I can't wait for chassis flex simulation,

/crosses tire update off future lfs checklist.

Well peeps is always be wantn' moar

I hope this new physic changes the way people set up the cars. mostly front wheel drive, but also the rear wheel drive cars.
Slow and steady, wins the race!

I guess that means alot more now, after everything, new games released, new and groundbreaking features from other simulators. We have GT5 comming very soon, iRacing making a big impact, Forza 3, apparently the new NFS which should be more simulation-happy. The big corps have rushed and tried to over-do it to make the money they want, and did it in short periods of time.

But over here in this world, LFS abuses and takes as much time needed to make something amazing, and never failing, i could say because of its progress speed, LFS really is a much better simulation then any other, from 3 developers.

..and we arnt even in beta stages, for the second phase.

Big congratulations to the Developers, Scawen, Eric, Victor!
Quote from aoun :Slow and steady, wins the race!
But over here in this world, LFS abuses and takes as much time needed to make something amazing, and never failing, i could say because of its progress speed, LFS really is a much better simulation then any other, from 3 developers.

..and we arnt even in beta stages, for the second phase.

Big congratulations to the Developers, Scawen, Eric, Victor!

Cheers to that ! +1
Hello Scawen! Very nice news! im thing about lfs Drift ! Maybe you can make Drift Road Tyres?? and that be very easy to drift? like very much oversteer! What you thing? Thank you !
yees nice to hear some news
that damm XRT looks good
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG