The online racing simulator
Quote from Bluebird B B :Just find as many sources as possible with actual measurements and try to figure out what kind of car they are driving. For example 900-1000kg lmp cars are pulling 4.5g' s in fast corners, which makes the 4.5g maximum of the bf1 in lfs rather look ok.

Well.. Although this turn is cambered, the BF1 still does over 6 G. That's just too much. In other fast turns it easily does over 5 G.
Attached images
as.jpg
Nice to see some progress report. I would love to see some technical information about the algorithms of LFS compared to RL.
I hope it would bring some new feeling to LFS, to relearn the cars or even the combos.

Quote from majod :you remind me this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYMYkM9ZRsU

Its haunting me
Just wondering why most people who wants new tracks are americans?
Quote from eduardoCHI :yes my friend.

LIVE FOR SPEED IS DEAD!!!

pffff 1 car new in 2 years ; we need more cars, we need new and more tracks, new game modes, examples: Nordschleife, monza gp, audis rs, porsches gtr, mode race 24hrs ... etc.

Guys come on, this is the most obvious attemp I've seen.

TROLL
Quote from iFastLT :Just wondering why most people who wants new tracks are americans?

Not enough ovals, duh!
As if a 2nd Oval would really make a difference
(Only if the the default direction would be clockwise... but I guess that would be just confusing to some )
Quote from eduardoCHI :yes my friend.

LIVE FOR SPEED IS DEAD!!!

pffff 1 car new in 2 years ; we need more cars, we need new and more tracks, new game modes, examples: Nordschleife, monza gp, audis rs, porsches gtr, mode race 24hrs ... etc.

It´s not dead.
It´s not NFS.
Licences cost money.
And since S2 was launched we had 2 new cars.
I just wishes for a new track, regardless if it's oval or whatever. But I cross my fingers that we will know more within the fall of this year

Edit : And the one that asks for 24 hour racing, it's allready possible in LFS
Quote from iFastLT :Just wondering why most people who wants new tracks are americans?

I am not American, and I would like new (content) tracks
Quote from The Very End :I just wishes for a new track, regardless if it's oval or whatever. But I cross my fingers that we will know more within the fall of this year

Edit : And the one that asks for 24 hour racing, it's allready possible in LFS

Maybe he is talking about day/night cycle, I dunno. Or simply.. ignorance
I think everyone wants new content like everyone wants ice cream (I would myself), it's just about those who have a realistic view on it - at the moment it appears that the tyre physics and the Scirocco are the priority.
Quote from tiagolapa :Maybe he is talking about day/night cycle, I dunno. Or simply.. ignorance

I guess so

Quote from duke_toaster :I think everyone wants new content like everyone wants ice cream (I would myself), it's just about those who have a realistic view on it - at the moment it appears that the tyre physics and the Scirocco are the priority.

True, but I hope there has been a lot of secret work on the track part the latest years, no new track since 05, some configs yes but not a new track. I don't care for new cars, as the current cars are more than enough allready, but we do not have enough tracks.

Either way, I am not going to start a rant for tracks, I just wishes that the devs either could confirm or at least give a hint on what work has been done making new tracks the last 4 years, and I am not thinking about the SO and BL update(s).
Guys... i know that this is offtopic ... but i doubt that we will get new track in S2... they need to earn something and they need to have something for S3 to sell! We are already getting new cars and other updates .
But I don't want to wait another 5 years for S3
Nah... we are almost at the end of S2 ... in my opinion 1,5 year max and we will get S2 full... then another 1,5 year max and we will get S3 ......... that's 3 years........ ok... no more speculation .
Thanks very much for the update, really really looking forward to this now!
great...and nice to see VWS in action

Every update is makes we closer to S3
Is the update aivaible ?
Quote from AndroidXP :Nobody said anything about tracks. Scawen isn't the one working on tracks anyway - Eric is. Just because Scawen said new tyre physics are in the works doesn't mean there will or won't be any new tracks available.

That is why i said hopefully. all of us want lfs better and refreshed.
thread title: New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Where is the R35 GTR in that list?

It's in the list now (along with many other cars). Regular GT-R pulls 0.93g, SpecV pulls 1.12g.
LFS has a long way to go, good to see some progress is being made.
Quote from kamistar :Even more realism = pure awesomeness!!!

True, I now just dream about brakes affected by heating, then it will be awesome
Damage model is less interesting for me than this
Quote from AndroidXP :since adjusting that alone would've been possible without writing a completely new tyre model.

depends i guess
since lfs appears to have a physical tyre model instead of a curve based mathematical one like most games there might have been complications with one change effecting other tyre parameters
eg maybe changing the load sensitivity ie the models reaction to radial loads might have had an adverse effect on the cornering stiffness ie the models reaction to axial loads which was already too soft as it is
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG