The online racing simulator
Amazing news, this actually puts the sirocco in second place on the priority for us (since new tyre physics means almost different cars)
But as someone posted before, can't wait for some kind of side by side comparisson between the old and new tyre physics... damn us physics freaks.
Quote from Calvinaquino :Amazing news, this actually puts the sirocco in second place on the priority for us (since new tyre physics means almost different cars)
But as someone posted before, can't wait for some kind of side by side comparisson between the old and new tyre physics... damn us physics freaks.

Whel beigh physiocs freaks isnt a bad thing it wil only be good for LFS i dare to say some of the beta testers are physics freaks
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Its just funny that everyone slags them off, then as soon as they bring an update (which could be next year for all we know i might add) they all go brown nosing "hey scawen your liek the best dev ever, i want your babies!!!" is so weird and so 2 faced.

Its like when kids hate their mums or dads, then as soon as they're bought something they arse lick for a couple of months one of my mates is a perfect example and it bugs the shit out of me, so shallow.

Sharon/5haz - I spelt arse like ass because i didn't think it would get through the swear filter, but it does so Whats your deal anyway? Are you trying to be Tristan's predecessor? Your certainly heading that way

Human beings are shallow by their very nature, get used to it. Are you two faced? If you say no, you're lying.

Personally I don't care how you spell, but pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes always makes for a good cheap shot on an internet forum.

By the way, its you're instead of your. Predecessor also dosen't make much sense to my brain, then again, I inhabit planet Earth so the way I think may differ to you. :rolleyes:

Hahah, Sharon, very cheap shot.
Quote from DragonCommando :
Edit: After reading into LFS's current tyre model I found that there is a problem with low speed grip, and thats probably what is happening with the brake stands. I hope that is fixed with the new tyre model, and with the way it's been described it probably has.

It will certainly be interesting to see what the results are. I would suspect there would be some effects on tire heating since they will produce less grip, you would assume that they would also produce less heat over a given corner for example. (and hopefully more even tire heating between the inside and outside tires)

The slow speed grip... who knows? Maybe that got fixed, maybe not, but one would assume that since the tire physics engine has been extensively reworked that there will be some changes there. Like Scawen said, he could have just lowered the grip of the tires but instead, he decided to rework things. I think that's the right way to do it.
Quote from DragonCommando :
It's always bothered me that I can't do a brake stand

Well it should bother you because I've done them for years in LFS through all sorts of patches. I generally did them on the starting grid before the clutch heating was modelled (since if you're not aggressive about it now you can wreck your clutch rather fast). Got quite the number of comments about it too. I rarely had a false start as a result; so something you're doing is causing the movement, must be in the setup somehow.

Obviously it's not done well with mid or rear engined cars.

My rears were always green right off the bat.
your brake bias must be quite far off to the front then

i have a manual clutch so i might want to take the risks you mentioned
Great news! Just in time for when I plan to buy S2.

Will there be a bit more lift off oversteer now? I figured that if more than 2 wheels will be touching the ground during a corner now, that it will happen more easily. If there will be, then LFS will blow iRacing away by leaps and bounds
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Well it should bother you because I've done them for years in LFS through all sorts of patches. I generally did them on the starting grid before the clutch heating was modelled (since if you're not aggressive about it now you can wreck your clutch rather fast). Got quite the number of comments about it too. I rarely had a false start as a result; so something you're doing is causing the movement, must be in the setup somehow.

Obviously it's not done well with mid or rear engined cars.

My rears were always green right off the bat.

Thats realy strange, because my front wheels arn't turning, they are locked like a proper brake stand, and the rears are spinning properly, but the car just seems to slide forward for no reason, like I said a few posts back, I've slid half way across the car park doing it.

I'm not sure what I could change in the setup to make it work, since it seems to have something to do with front tyre grip.

I would make a demo of it, to show what I mean, but I can't at the moment because my current setup doesn't leave any room on my desk for my wheel.
am guessing you should decrease the tire pressure
Quote from logitekg25 :am guessing you should decrease the tire pressure

I've tried it actualy, and it didn't seem to make much difference.

If it's only me that has this problem I'll be going for a loop
I have the same problem.

It's down to a sliding tire having too much longitudinal dynamic grip.
are you guys on hybrids, or rally tires?

what car? are you easing on the throttle or are you mashing it clutch and brakes slammed and dropping the clutch, or are you slipping the clutch

how tight is your rear suspension compared to the front? (i dont think that matters too much)

is the brake bias too much in the back so it is slowing the rear tires too much and they get some grip?
stock XRT.

no clutch slip.

well the rear were spinning like hell.

fact is almost all stock RWD car in real life can do it , so why shouldn't the default set in the game do the same.
as this update suggests the tires arent perfect, the game isnt perfect, and the stock setups are not quite stock i dont think
76% brake bias and 1.1 kN brake force in the XRT on an Aston track, no probs. Just dropped the clutch at max boost with the brakes on. Had to feather the throttle a bit but it wasn't going anywhere ^^
I am curious to see just what happens when the update comes out. Not just to the game but also to the way people complain about the game and what is it they'll complain about.

Some users seem to have really strange problems like: clutch overheat on one start, can't brake stand, unable to get lift off oversteer, etc. None of which I have ever had to deal with since I first played the demo. I've had the pleasure of owning a DFP, and playing since s2 patch U (about 2 years) and all this still boggles my mind as to how these things can't be done when I had done them my self and never had any problems doing them.

I'm not quite defending the old physics, but in a way am. However, it is very tempting to call BS on all of that which has been mentioned and more that I have not. Really, I am questioning the complaints/complainers on this subject.

My impression is (exageration): now, "people" (not all) think with the new physics they'll be able to get lift-off oversteer with a locked differential and really stiff suspension, regardless of hearing that the unloaded(less loaded) inside tires will now have more grip.

All I can do is wait. And i just cant wait.
Percy, I agree with what you say, about the two face attiute here.

Well for me, I looking forward to this update, but I have a little thought back in me head that botters me. They can give updates every now and then, do some work on physics or other stuff in the game, but it just doesn't... well bring new track to test it on I know SO and BL got their updates, I know there has been at two config's more since the release of S2, but there it stops. A new car is.. well it's great by all means, but what does it helps when we are pretty much borred of the old tracks? I am sure the car itself will make it fun for 1 month, then it's back to same old story. I know tracks are probally the hardest thing to make, but please bear with me - 4 years? On 4 years (or less/more?) whent from S1 to S2, so I canot see why there isn't a update on this front. What I hope is that the S3 is around the corner (that means 1 year from now) , and there will be at least 4 new tracks there. If there really isn't anything, not one new track made at all, well .. meh.. and giving updated stuff on the things that allready are in game is just giving the game a little more life-time, while a track could really make the game last so much longer.
Well, I don't imagine Eric is up to his neck in physics stuff, so can only presume he's working on his own updates. Just because Scawen hasn't said anything about tracks, doesn't mean there aren't new tracks, or track updates, in the works. And it doesn't mean that there are, either
Can you say new racing.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Well, I don't imagine Eric is up to his neck in physics stuff, so can only presume he's working on his own updates. Just because Scawen hasn't said anything about tracks, doesn't mean there aren't new tracks, or track updates, in the works. And it doesn't mean that there are, either

All i know is the next track update is westhill
Quote from rc10racer :All i know is the next track update is westhill

How long is it since we heared anything about that?
Since Scawen told us in one of his post awhile back of what he wanted to be in s2 before it goes final.
Quote from rc10racer :Since Scawen told us in one of his post awhile back of what he wanted to be in s2 before it goes final.

so where did you read that westhill will be the next updated track.

We all know that scawen said a while (Big while) ago that all the tracks will get a grafical update. This doesnt mean that westhill is the next track. and maybe there is no next update this patch...

I am sorry , but this is how the rumor get created.
Actually I think I remember Scawen saying that some time ago, but I canot find that post, or when it was posted. I'll take a look and edit the post if I find something worth mention.
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG