The online racing simulator
Quote from PioneerLv :Looks good, and as you say it's much practical for you than single screen. But that border in the middle from two monitors always was not understandable to me.(for racing)

try Fresnel lens - I dont know if new settings were tested with them. Plus they are better for eyes - they have sight depth.
Quote from AndRand :try Fresnel lens

Just don't leave it outdoors on the grass in a sunny day
Quote from rc10racer :Could do with a better keyboard thou

One with a tiny monochrome LCD display for you to use if you get bored of the comparitively giant true-colour LCD display that you're already staring at, backlit keys for people who don't have lights in their houses and dedicated buttons for opening and closing your CD drawer?

When I look at Scawen's dual-monitor setup, it does seem it could be quickly improved by placing one of the bezels behind the other. Thus halving the bezel width.

It looks great tho!
Quote from ghost racer :I keep checking lfs.net for any news if they released the tire physic patch yet

I'm a big vw fan, but I can care less about the sirocco! Need the extra realism feel!

same execpt for the whole VW fan thing i prefer subarus
Quote from Skytrill :When scawen made a test patch with better support for multiple monitor (especially a better support for 2 as you can now Offset the main screen) i couldn't resist and I bough a second 23" monitor and trust me I don't regret my purchase. LFS is amazing with a 40inch width view, you can close up the FOV to an almost realistic level (thanks to bob for his angle calculator btw) so now the cars you overtake are just as big as they are in real life.. even offline I had hours of pure joy.

So please don't bash the time invested for multiple screen support because now LFS is the most complete simulation as for peripheral immersion.

That said I can't wait for this new physic patch as well :eclipsee_

can you pm me with the exact moniter setup you have...i dont care how you show it weather it be a simple paint picture drawn or what, i just want to plan for the future
Quote from logitekg25 :can you pm me with the exact moniter setup you have...i dont care how you show it weather it be a simple paint picture drawn or what, i just want to plan for the future

Sure there's a picture. I toke it the first day I installed it so the monitor's colors weren't adjusted properly back then but it gives a good idea..
Attached images
DSCN5536.jpg
wait...2 moniters and it s like that...one day i will have the new rhinoseat and i will have 3 moniters...it wil be amazing
Quote from obsolum :There was no need to answer your own question as the answer was right in the post your question referred to.

Oops.
I'm realy looking forward to the tyre physics to get here, realism ftw

I know I'm a sim drifter in a race sim, but if it gets even MORE "close 2 home", gets more dificult, I will feal more satisfied kicking it sideways with(some degree of) controll

I also hope the "soap tyres" will be gone, and behave like tyres do irl when "abused"

THANK YOU scawen & co. for coming with updates for the best driving experience I ever have bought for my computer!
*not brown-nosing, he don't care much for drifting anyway*

Keep up the good work, you are doing a great job

btw: love the new lights/instrument-pannels/lisenceplates/wheels btw, will plates&wheels be added as "skins" later?

O/T:
All the "heated discutions" in this thread was rather anoying, but I'm glad it is calm and "on topic" now.
(yes, I read 32 pages when i notised the thread today:shy
I just wanna say a big thumbs up for the extra realism in the patch..
Two things did it for me -
1/ View offset - I use a projector, and sit on the RHS of the room. So now in the saloon cars I can offset the view to reflect my seating position which is a big improvement for my setup..

2/ the 180 degree 'look over the shoulder' is back! - It may seem sad that it meant so much to me - but it was unique to LFS and I was mortified when it got dropped and virtual mirrors / instant looks were added instead...

Cheers

Rob
Quote from Scawen :
A reminder :
- The new physics will be a free update for all LFS users
- The VW Scirocco will be available to S1 and S2 license holders

and when will it?
#939 - 65D
Quote from mill3num :when will it?

Thats forever question. Scavier said they will work on new physics and more new content. They didn't put any time limit to release it. I think thats the reason why people should not judge because they doesn't have any purpose to judge. Only three people group are developing on S3 content and it could take 5, 8, 10, 15 or 20 years. Whatever.
Quote from mill3num :and when will it?

Wow, did you just seriously bump a 3 year old thread just to ask this while there is no new date or something known?
LOL! Better than starting a new one. It maybe three years, but the question still remains open ended.

Odds are "when no one gives a sh!t."

The vast majority have given up playing the same old.... and are just waiting.
It has only been 2 years.

Although bumping a thread about new content that hasn't been released for 2 years is a valid bump (point).
Oooh... Don't go there. There's a perfect reason for that, only we don't know. It's all a part of the big plan. ;-)
A well-deserved bump
Bad enough that Scawen did not bump his own WIP thread after all these years
Damn you Flame, forgot about this one. So long ago
finally thanks scawen!
Finally.. what?
Yeah, this is what happens when someone bumps a 2 year old thread.
Quote from mill3num :and when will it?

Have a look at the last post date next time before bumping a thread from a decade ago, sunshine.

Why do people açways choose to bump the threads that will get the most attention?
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG