The online racing simulator
I have a fealing that it will be the end of drifting ...
Quote from DK3X7MJ :I have a fealing that it will be the end of drifting ...

Why do you think? I think that the drifting will be more difficult to handle (?) or more realistic.
Quote from Flame CZE :Why do you think? I think that the drifting will be more difficult to handle (?) or more realistic.

i dont think so.. drifting is now difficult due to the "soap" on very hot tires
this is a simulator - drifting should be only getting even more realistic.
Quote from DK3X7MJ :I have a fealing that it will be the end of drifting ...

1. Drifting is possible in real life
2. LFS tries to get closer to real life

you guys remember the 'i am glad that lfs is harder and more realistic now' club? this is going to cause the same thing. i personally want it as realistic as i can get

realisticness ftw!!
Quote from geeman1 :1. Drifting is possible in real life
2. LFS tries to get closer to real life

stop stealing my words lol
Quote from logitekg25 :you guys remember the 'i am glad that lfs is harder and more realistic now' club? this is going to cause the same thing. i personally want it as realistic as i can get

realisticness ftw!!

+1 (some realistic graphics would be nice to (but not the most important thing at :P))
Quote from logitekg25 :you guys remember the 'i am glad that lfs is harder and more realistic now' club? this is going to cause the same thing. i personally want it as realistic as i can get

realisticness ftw!!

If we get more than a hundred threads complaining about the new patch (after its release! ), and how hard it is, or how it's unfair to their old style of play, or how its too easy, or how the devs are gay, or whatever moronic complaint people will try and think of, then I'll make a "I am glad LFS is even better and more realistic II" club

If you can find a PC simulator currently released with more realistic graphics, I'd love to see it! rFactor? Nope. iRacing? Nope. GTR2? Nope... Some of the next-gen consoles have some clever looking graphics, but they never look like something that actually occurs in real life.
But the difference is Tris that Console jocks don't want realistic. They want what they think is realistic based on highly styalised and doped up effects based hard thumping sound track cool guy get the girl who would snap as soon as you look at her chased by the worlds evil men through Paris/Milan/London/New york/Mars looking like Steve Mcqueen type movies.

show them actual real life and they get bored very quickly. Either that or they've killed themselves by driving straight to the scene of the nearest accident when they forgot that tyres don't stick to the road surface with some highly improbable grip. Tyres skid. Lots. As anyone who has had an accident will testify.

Bring it on, I can't wait. Tris, sign me up for the 'I'm glad LFS is better and more realistic club mk 2' i'll be the honoury hat stand.
Quote from tristancliffe :
If you can find a PC simulator currently released with more realistic graphics, I'd love to see it! rFactor? Nope. iRacing? Nope. GTR2? Nope... Some of the next-gen consoles have some clever looking graphics, but they never look like something that actually occurs in real life.

Heh, let's not get too carried away there... Last time I checked, the gauges in a real car didn't look like DOS text on a perfectly black background, my car had a windshield (as well as usually other windows), wee puffs of smoke didn't come off of overheated tires at random intervals, rotating wheels & tires tended to get blurry and didn't make me feel like I was going to have a seisure if I accidentally peered in their general direction, caterhams & assorted open wheelers had suspension that was attached to their carcasses; with even some springs & dampers involved, .... I'm out of breath, should I go on? How much longer of a run-on sentence could I make? What were you on about again?

edit: before you use the opportunity to list bogus effects that some titles use, I don't think LFS looks poor... but it sure could benefit from some major updates. Clever (read: subtle) use of some of the more modern DX features would probably get it to the level you pretended it was at in your post.

All I have to do is turn my saturation down and iRacing (was it ShiteRacing you called it? classy!) already looks better.
Quote from tristancliffe :If we get more than a hundred threads complaining about the new patch (after its release! ), and how hard it is, or how it's unfair to their old style of play, or how its too easy, or how the devs are gay, or whatever moronic complaint people will try and think of, then I'll make a "I am glad LFS is even better and more realistic II" club

I saw recently kind of documentary with three ricers at the skid pad driving course... they failed 80% of challenges. I am looking forward for realistic and forced setups
Funnybear, do not put Steve McQueen in one line/sentence/paragraph with console jocks or whatever you call them

this is highly insultive for a man who was trully dedicted to motorsport...
How did graphics come to be involved in this thread all of a sudden? It's about tyre physics. Maybe I missed something but don't think I saw anyone mention anything about LFS' graphics until Tristan brought it up out of the blue? What's that about? Besides, you're wrong, and BBT is right.
Pff, it's "realisticity".
I think by "realistic graphics" he meant, something that's not fake, like showing what is really happeniing in the simulation (i think a fine example is the tire smoke) Most racing titles nowadays (not hardcore sims) have too much bling bling, and that's what console people care about.

Am i rite?
Quote from pandera :Funnybear, do not put Steve McQueen in one line/sentence/paragraph with console jocks or whatever you call them

this is highly insultive for a man who was trully dedicted to motorsport...

What?
you do know that the guy was racing? for real.. so comparing him with boys "driving" Gran Turismo is simply wrong

end of OT
Quote from Scawen :Hello LFS Racers,

We are pleased to announce that a new tyre physics model is currently in the testing and refinement stage.

Many community members have been wondering what happened to the release of the new VW Scirocco and why there was no news about it. Here are the reasons why :

While we were working on the Scirocco in December, we found that we could not make the LFS model handle as well as the real car. One of the reasons for this was that the LFS tyres had too much grip and this was causing the inside wheels to lose too much load while cornering. But simply reducing the grip would not have been a good approach... the result would have been just the same old LFS but at lower speeds.

We decided to look into a completely new core tyre model.

For several weeks it was just research and mathematics on paper, then the implementation started. A lot of old programming needed to be removed and refined in order to allow the new model to slot into its place. Next was the early refinement stage, at first seen only by the developers, while the main issues were sorted out. During this period we did not want to make any announcements about what we were working on, because it was possible that the new tyre model would not really work out. That did seem less likely as time went on, as more of the problems with the old tyre model came to the surface. The new LFS tyre model has a good mathematical basis for the way forces are produced from the physical state of the tyre, resulting in improved handling and feel with greater realism.

After some time we got to a stage where we felt the model was a clear improvement on the old physics. We updated all the default setups to use realistic values that would be found on similar real world cars and finally released it to our beta testers. Their verdict is unanimous : the new tyre physics model makes the cars much better and more realistic to drive.

There is quite a bit of refinement to be done and other aspects of car physics to update. Also the traction control and stability control of the VW Scirocco still need to be updated. So we cannot yet give a release date. This news item is intended as a progress report and to assure you that Live for Speed will be better when you do get the update!

A reminder :
- The new physics will be a free update for all LFS users
- The VW Scirocco will be available to S1 and S2 license holders

sick and tired of this

stop telling us what the **** your doing

just hurry up and do it

less talk more walk !
A440 (Scatter) voted to ban sldways. (1/16)

Just shut up and put up, it's so simple.
Your disrespect is so brazen I will bet you'd probably say the same worthless thing if you had to attend a funeral.
Quote from sldwayz :sick and tired of this

just hurry up and do it

less talk more walk !

aww
Quote from Scatter :A440 (Scatter) voted to ban sldways. (1/16)

Just shut up and put up, it's so simple.
Your disrespect is so brazen I will bet you'd probably say the same worthless thing if you had to attend a funeral.

One look at his post history will show that he's just a sorry knob, not worth spending time typing relies to. Hopefully a mod will ban him permanently for his multiple infringements on the forum rules.
Quote from sldwayz :sick and tired of this

just hurry up and do it

less talk more walk
!

There's a contradictory statement if I ever saw one lololol
A440 (Scatter) voted to ban sldways. (2/3)
Don't ban him, the dev should mark his account details and make sure he gets the updates half a year behind everyone else.
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG