The online racing simulator
just because a bug cant bee brought to light with "normal" driving doenst mean it wont have an effect at some point

eg imagine if we wouldnt have been able to raise the nose on downforce cars during version p days enough to notice the bug it would still have accelerated cars unrealistically if the nose went up due to a crash
Quote from Shotglass :e.g. imagine if we wouldnt have been able to raise the nose on downforce cars during version p days enough to notice the bug it would still have accelerated cars unrealistically if the nose went up due to a crash

Hmmm I agree with you in slight respect however, taking the high nose bug as you did. While it is a bug and I hope, as im sure everyone does, that there isn't any. Would that bug be spotted if it was a case of when you have an accident you gain a speed advantage. I am not sure it would be to be honest due the nature of the bug only being noticeable when you are having or just after an accident.
I must admit, I'm a bit jealous of the devs because they already CAN drive the Scirocco with the approaching new tyre model - but that must be the gratification for their great efforts, I guess.

Great news indeed, can't await the patch!
Hell yeah, keep on rollin'!
Quote from logitekg25 :it was on google images right there for the taking...it was the second or third result after searching lfs rain edit...enough off-topic, pm me if you want me to take it off, i will be happy to

you got me wrong i am not pissed or something
Looks good, any chance we could have the GTR's balanced before the new MoE season?
:woohoo::yipee:

:bowdown:Scawen
Fantastic news... I'm glad to see some sort of update, thx for keeping us in the loop!
Quote from Greboth :Hmmm I agree with you in slight respect however, taking the high nose bug as you did. While it is a bug and I hope, as im sure everyone does, that there isn't any. Would that bug be spotted if it was a case of when you have an accident you gain a speed advantage. I am not sure it would be to be honest due the nature of the bug only being noticeable when you are having or just after an accident.

not quite sure what you meant to say with this but any freak accident that may have shown the old high nose bug in action would undoubtedly be influenced far more by the collision detection bugs
i think he means that so called bugs that only occur when having an accident cannot really be classed as bugs as such, as due to the very nature of accidents, an unpredictatle and unforseen occurance, which is kind of a good point, as any numder of freaky unexpected things can happen during an accident.
Thumbs up for LFS Staff

can´t wait

:headbang:
OMG OMG OMG!!!
Finally some news on development.
-
(K0Z3L_43V3R) DELETED by K0Z3L_43V3R
Quote from Shotglass :not quite sure what you meant to say with this but any freak accident that may have shown the old high nose bug in action would undoubtedly be influenced far more by the collision detection bugs

Quote from danthebangerboy :i think he means that so called bugs that only occur when having an accident cannot really be classed as bugs as such, as due to the very nature of accidents, an unpredictatle and unforseen occurance, which is kind of a good point, as any numder of freaky unexpected things can happen during an accident.

Yes what dan said. In an accident, while lfs will only simulate them and probably not be as random as real accidents a bug that appears when only in an accident while yes a bug, raises to points for me - firstly taking this example would people notice because the accident would mask and secondly even it was noticed it would not be a bug that could be exploited for an advantage because you would have to crash for it to work. Which comes round to your comment, shotglass, that the bug even if outside of the parameters would still be there. I was just raising the point, if it was there would it really need to be removed because it is a useless bug. Though knowing how lfs is developed any and every bug would be removed.
I think it was well worth the time to post a small update on what's been happening (eventhough others have disagreed in the past), thank you for that.
Great new! Any news is good in fact.

Useless for many but i'd like to raise this point: will the AI take advantage of the new tire physic and therefor be quicker? I assume that their quickness is not directly related to the physic model but knowing the limit of the engine is a good part of a good AI.

I also would like to know if the temperature and pressure physic is updated too since it's part of the tyre physic.
Ive just realised all my sets won't work Fresh start soon it looks like
The first time EVER that front wheel drive lead to something good! Finally some decent news!
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!
great work scawen too bad for all the hard work but i think it will be gladly apprectiated by all the community
I Will appreciate it when it gets here, but its not.
yay! an update! now i completely accept the fact it has taken long, and i hope the rest of the development goes well! :clapclap:
Thanks for the update on the development progress!
I checked the website very often to look for some news and I nearly lost the hope for any progress at all.
Can't wait to get the update
@Scawen

Great News

I really was hoping for something like that.

One little question on new physics:

will the problem of massive spinning wheels and their ability of acceleration be solved? Full throttle starts now slower than controlled throttle starts?
Did sound like that as was stated, that LFS tyres often were to grippy ...

Thanks
RIP
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Looks good, any chance we could have the GTR's balanced before the new MoE season?

lol... and of course some weather, improved damage, improved slipstream, etc (insert improvement-suggestion-log) here...

Patients..! He just talked about "improved" tyres-physics. Please calm down!
Quote from VoiD :lol... and of course some weather, improved damage, improved slipstream, etc (insert improvement-suggestion-log) here...

Patients..! He just talked about "improved" tyres-physics. Please calm down!

Nah, I'd take the balance over those.
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG