The online racing simulator
#76 - hda
never doubted something good was in the works but I didn't expect something that good
Quote from Zipppy :Judging from the pictures, I see a good improvement

I hate to point it out, but the photos only show off the more realistic suspension stiffness, nothing else. You can't judge tyre physics until you drive them. A video would be more informing, but it's all just speculation until you get your wheel time.
#78 - VoiD
plz dont spam negative comments... most of "us" are in dreamland now...
Quote from VoiD :plz dont spam negative comments... most of "us" are in dreamland now...

Hopefully, not for a nasty wake up...
Great news, even for S1 users!! I do hope however, that we'll get some more imformations at some point in order to help us adjusting the setups accordingly.
Hey, wierd question scawen. What will the update size be?

btw, LFS BiB!
Quote from 510N3D :Great news, even for S1 users!! I do hope however, that we'll get some more imformations at some point in order to help us adjusting the setups accordingly.

If the tyre physics are altered dramatically I do not think it will just be adjustments.

I reckon new default setups would need to be released and I hope the setup options will be reduced to realistic parameters.
Great news! Thanks devs!

Also looks like super low setups will grind the floor and slow you down. Yippee!!!!
Yippie!!!
Quote from Joris :I hope the setup options will be reduced to realistic parameters.

has anybody ever considered that this would stagnate progress to a degree by limiting drivers ability to expose physics bugs?
Great news, I would really like to test the new tyre physics
Quote from Joris :If the tyre physics are altered dramatically I do not think it will just be adjustments.

I reckon new default setups would need to be released and I hope the setup options will be reduced to realistic parameters.

Well for me, a setup is the result out of a series of (re-)adjustments.

Quote from Scawen :...We updated all the default setups to use realistic values that would be found on similar real world cars and finally released it to our beta testers...

Quote from aroX123 :Hey, wierd question scawen. What will the update size be?

btw, LFS BiB!

It will be 1337 kilobytes.
Me like what I am reading
All Hail LFS !!!

I'm glad.
Yay!

Finally!
Hot diggity!

:laola::laola::laola::laola:
#94 - Byku
Omg that made my.. night.. now I can calmly go to sleep . Scawen .
Only in LFS would a problem be found leading to the whole tyre physics being re-written and thats what I love about it.

This sounds like it will be a worthy wait for this update. Also will give me an excuse for why I am slow again
Quote from Byku :Omg that made my.. night.. now I can calmly go to sleep . Scawen .

+1, that will help me sleep
Cool a progress report!
And wow what a good news!
Will it affect the way the tires heat?
Quote from Shotglass :has anybody ever considered that this would stagnate progress to a degree by limiting drivers ability to expose physics bugs?

Well, not really, because those physics bugs wouldnt be there because you wouldnt be able to adjust a set that far to find them, so it wouldn't matter would it.
Quote from Shadowww :More like 31337 kilobytes.

damn that are "just" new tire physics... that are "just" some hundred lines of code.... what do you expect
you wont get s3 tomorrow

btw great news
Thanks for the update

Would it be possible to give us few interested a few more insights into the approach you used for the new tyre model? Or since you done some research at least some literature hints?
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG