The online racing simulator
Quote from Bob Smith :I said we (members of the forum community) are bored about you harping on blah, blah, blah

BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN!

Quote from Victor :this was a nice thread.

Would read again. Nice to see some progress. Someone poke me when it's ready.

Actually just poke me anyway, who ever gets poked enough?
Quote from breadfan :I've already asked that on one of the earlier pages and was told that the CPU load increase would be "mint", whatever that means.

He meant the update, not your question.
Quote from thisnameistaken :BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN!

Kev, I'll be poking you every evening, mkay?

Nice gay stuff going on here! mint

You know you can call me whenever you want baby!
Quote from breadfan :I've already asked that on one of the earlier pages and was told that the CPU load increase would be "mint", whatever that means.

sorry.. well I guess "mint" means it'll be a minor CPU load increase which is a good thing
Your cave getting lonely, Kev?
This is realy good news, I can see alot of things changing just with this one re-write.

Maybe my lap times won't looks so bad when compared to others now, I drive like I do in real life, so I never push hard enough for LFS's current tyre model. When the tyre grip drops I'll still be driving the same pace I bet, but it'll be realy close to the limmits of the tyres then.

One thing I realy hope changes is how the FWD cars react to left foot braking, right now they don't oversteer enough, it's like driving a car with only 50hp. I think that has to do with the tyres gripping too much in the rear, instead of slidding free they just drag the speed down.

As for left foot braking in RWD cars, it does what it should, but I think it does it too well, and again I think thats the tyres.

It's the same as doing a brake stand, the car shoulden't move forward but the rear seems to still push enough to slide the front tyres. I've burned up a set of tires doing a brake stand in the car park, and I ended up halfway across it, when I shoulden't have been moving at all.
Quote from Bob Smith :Your cave getting lonely, Kev?

I've been there once a week to let him backstab me. Keeping the poor boy's hopes up so he didn't go postal. It worked.

Quote from thisnameistaken :ban! Ban! Ban! Ban!

keeevvvvv (l)
Quote from Bob Smith :Your cave getting lonely, Kev?

Didn't feed the hostages enough so now there's nobody to talk to. Well, there's little Maddie, but she just cries all the time.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Didn't feed the hostages enough so now there's nobody to talk to. Well, there's little Maddie, but she just cries all the time.

On another note, all the dev ass licking is really starting to bug me
Quote from pearcy_2k7 : On another note, all the dev ass licking is really starting to bug me

Shame we can't all be tough guys like you who tell it like it is, huh?
Accusations of dev arse licking are really starting to annoy me, plus your inability to spell arse correctly. Why do I live in a culture that considers being nice and complimentary to be a bad thing? :rolleyes:

From what I've seen, actually giving us news provokes a positive respone, while remaining silent causes people to start whinging, perhaps the devs shouldn't be so scared to update us on progress more frequently.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Didn't feed the hostages enough so now there's nobody to talk to. Well, there's little Maddie, but she just cries all the time.

:ices_rofl It's this quality of post that i really miss around here.

Some of you youngsters could learn a lot from Uncle Kev
Quote from The Moose ::ices_rofl It's this quality of post that i really miss around here.

Some of you youngsters could learn a lot from Uncle Kev

I could learn how to play Spy in TF2, that backstabbing ****bag!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I could learn how to play Spy in TF2, that backstabbing ****bag!

Watch it boy!!!!
Ban ban ban ban ban ....... :hide:
STOP THE SPAM
Quote from garph :So either there has been a break through recently with the new tyre model or he just decided to let us know something.

There is no obligation to tell us anything at all.

Have to disagree with you there , LFS was sold on the basis that there were going to be three parts , three finished parts the Dev Teams words not mine or anybody else's.

I think the Dev's do have an obligation to inform there customers especially the people that have invested in S3 already..

That said , Thanks Scawen and Co for still working away and making a lot of people happy in the process.

come here often babe?
Quote from BOSCHO :STOP THE SPAM

Rather ironic, (just to annoy Dustin).
Good to see that the team is still alive.
Its just funny that everyone slags them off, then as soon as they bring an update (which could be next year for all we know i might add) they all go brown nosing "hey scawen your liek the best dev ever, i want your babies!!!" is so weird and so 2 faced.

Its like when kids hate their mums or dads, then as soon as they're bought something they arse lick for a couple of months one of my mates is a perfect example and it bugs the shit out of me, so shallow.

Sharon/5haz - I spelt arse like ass because i didn't think it would get through the swear filter, but it does so Whats your deal anyway? Are you trying to be Tristan's predecessor? Your certainly heading that way

Quote from DragonCommando :
One thing I realy hope changes is how the FWD cars react to left foot braking, right now they don't oversteer enough, it's like driving a car with only 50hp. I think that has to do with the tyres gripping too much in the rear, instead of slidding free they just drag the speed down.

As for left foot braking in RWD cars, it does what it should, but I think it does it too well, and again I think thats the tyres.

I think exactly the same about the FWD cars especially. I had always thought something didn't feel quite right, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I used to rally drive a FWD ford focus and like you said, the back end should break away a lot quicker and it should oversteer a lot more without quicker inputs than are necessary in LFS. It does sometimes feel like you are driving the car at much slower speeds because of the very gradual transitions in grip. Now I come to think of it, this is one of the reasons why LFS's sense of speed is not so great.
-
(DragonCommando) DELETED by DragonCommando
I've never driven rally, but I have driven enough in several vehicles that I realy have a feel for what a car should and shoulden't do.

It's always bothered me that I can't do a brake stand, because that is a tell tale sign something is wrong with the tyre physics, the car shoulden't push the (locked) front wheels while the rear ones are spinning. a locked wheel that is standing should have more grip than a spinning one.

That and left foot braking in a FWD not leading to oversteer, that actualy caused me to crash in LFS once, I expected it to happen and it didn't, not even a little sound of scrubbing tyres, the car just understeered like a FWD on throttle (with no scrubbing sound oddly enough). In a real car you can litteraly slide like you would using the hand brake, it just slides the rear right out. It works sometimes in LFS, but only with a quick jab of the brake pedal, and even then it's been hit and miss for me, and usualy drops the revs and speed by alot more than I'd expect.

Edit: After reading into LFS's current tyre model I found that there is a problem with low speed grip, and thats probably what is happening with the brake stands. I hope that is fixed with the new tyre model, and with the way it's been described it probably has.
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG