The online racing simulator
what the devs estimate will be in the next or a next release is not final. it's like thinking how to upgrade your computer... in a year.

wildly inaccurate and is more like a wish rather than planning.

not speaking because the devs have explained this to me, it's what i've found when coding. just that.
The ability to drop the tire pressures right down would be good .As I like the drag racing part of LFS as there are no descent drag sims out . You have to run unrealistic HP to get descent times. So it would make it more realistic if you could wind down the pressures & run power which is right for the engine type in use .

Chur
Marten
There's more before that Android, not long after the Y patch was released. Back then Westhill updates seemed just around the corner (much like the interiors, but lets not get into that).

Reading what you linked though ruined my day, thanks for that.
Quote from The Very End :bring new track

Quote from Scawen :- Improve track shadow rendering

This feature will most likely need a complete redo on all tracks when implemented, and will most likely change the formats of the tracks and many things they have done in the game currently, specially if Scawen changes the shadow format to real-time shadows (which will be necessary to have different weather, 24 hours races with day and night and so on). If there's anything like that in the plans, it'd be better to make tracks after this update, so the new tracks wouldn't need to be edited manually, they would already be created with the new features.
Quote from Velociround :This feature will most likely need a complete redo on all tracks when implemented, and will most likely change the formats of the tracks and many things they have done in the game currently, specially if Scawen changes the shadow format to real-time shadows (which will be necessary to have different weather, 24 hours races with day and night and so on). If there's anything like that in the plans, it'd be better to make tracks after this update, so the new tracks wouldn't need to be edited manually, they would already be created with the new features.

Isnt that feature the car shadows improvement which is done?
Quote from DragonCommando :I've tried it actualy, and it didn't seem to make much difference.

If it's only me that has this problem I'll be going for a loop

Just to be clear I'm not saying that there isn't a problem at all with the longitudinal tire grip... Just that it never seemed to affect me in such a way as you're describing, I rarely had an issue doing a proper brake stand. Mostly in the XRT and the GTR version of the car.

I always used a manual clutch as well of course.
Quote from Flame CZE :Isnt that feature the car shadows improvement which is done?

No, I don't think so, and I hope not. Car shadows and track shadows are completely different in my opinion. Scawen has mentioned on a recent test patch he would completely redo the track shadowing system at some point, and that's also why I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen, and that's why I said that. (He didn't promise or said he was doing anything though! Please let's not start speculating).

Quote from NotAnIllusion :edit2: aw, can't find any easter eggs in the screencaps

First Scirocco picture:
First Scirocco plate: LFS
Second Scirocco plate: S2
-
(legoflamb) DELETED by legoflamb : dumb
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by Victor : post serves no purpose other than to bait.
great
-
(carey) DELETED by Victor : it was deleted just like yours
Hi!
When will we be able to download a test patch with the new physics?

thanks!! I can't wait to try them!!
Quote from alexcand :Hi!

When it's done.

Read the first post.
Quote from alexcand :Hi!

thanks!! I can't wait to try them!!

We just wait another year. The new patch does only contain Scirroco and new tyres physics but it still takes 2 years to release it. In the meanwhile, we just listen to fanboys and play the game ofcourse.
LoL
Quote from Takumi_lfs :We just wait another year. The new patch does only contain Scirroco and new tyres physics but it still takes 2 years to release it. In the meanwhile, we just listen to fanboys and play the game ofcourse.

i'm totaly agru with that... Need to wait about 2 yesr again....
will you stop moaning? half of the post sounds just childish and rediculous
Quote from alliennas :will you stop moaning? half of the post sounds just childish and rediculous

It's just frustration.

Sure its not the best idea to post it here but can you blame him? He's not the only one getting impatient.
Quote from mclarenmatt :It's just frustration.

Sure its not the best idea to post it here but can you blame him? He's not the only one getting impatient.

The "progress report" that everyone was screaming for was posted 10 days ago.

After 10 days, you are already becoming impatient AGAIN? Are you serious?
So will these new tyre physics be slower or faster?
I'd imagine slower as they are decreasing the levels of grip.
Quote from zeugnimod :The "progress report" that everyone was screaming for was posted 10 days ago.

After 10 days, you are already becoming impatient AGAIN? Are you serious?

He's probably getting impatient of the actual patch not arriving. Eg he's getting fed up with just news
Quote from mclarenmatt :

He's probably getting impatient of the actual patch not arriving. Eg he's getting fed up with just news

Ironic that, being fed up of "just news", when people previously were mainly complaining about the lack of a news update on how the development was progressing.

I do feel sorry for the devs. They try to feed us and then someone has to come along and bite their hand off. No doubt I will shortly be called a fanboy for sticking up for the devs here.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :So will these new tyre physics be slower or faster?

Read Scawen´s post. He wrote that the current tyre model has too much grip so obviously the new one has less grip, and less grip means slower laptimes. If you come to any diffrent conclusions I´d be surprised.
Quote from Gills4life :Ironic that, being fed up of "just news", when people previously were mainly complaining about the lack of a news update on how the development was progressing.

People will always be wanting more. When this patch comes out there will be the next thing on the list to request/want/demand what ever it might be.
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG