The online racing simulator
Just a thought??

What would become of all the setup's from say setup grid & Inferno.....

Wouldn't we have to start again/remake set's,considering that the default set's will change with the new physics
Exactly! Like a brand new game for free
Quote from Blackknight555 :Just a thought??

What would become of all the setup's from say setup grid & Inferno.....

Wouldn't we have to start again/remake set's,considering that the default set's will change with the new physics

Are you new? There were at least two major physics change in LFS history and we got thru it alright.
Quote from JJ72 :Are you new? There were at least two major physics change in LFS history and we got thru it alright.

But they didn't Include any new tire Physic's did they....

And I have been here long enough to know how thing's have changed....
I do read...
Quote from Blackknight555 :But they didn't Include any new tire Physic's did they....

Yes, although that was pre-S2-content if I remember correctly.

For the record sldwayz has earned an infraction. I've seen a few posts from him recently that just read as nothing but trolling.

I'm not saying that you have to toe the official LFS is awesome line to post here, sldwayz just generally does post in a style that provokes arguments
Quote from Blackknight555 :But they didn't Include any new tire Physic's did they....

I do read...

At least once they changed the tire physics, it was between S1 and S2. Another change was the aero dynamics in S2, which made a lot of the single seater high nose set outdated.

I would expect this to kill the locked diff nonsense as well.

I do read...

Well we had a tyre update in the april update in 2006

Quote :>LFS S2 Alpha, version T
Hello Racers!

We are pleased to announce the release of S2 ALPHA Version T

- the BMW Sauber F1.06
- tyre and aero physics improvements
- many other updates

I could only read back as far as August
Quote from JJ72 :At least once they changed the tire physics, it was between S1 and S2. Another change was the aero dynamics in S2, which made a lot of the single seater high nose set outdated.

I would expect this to kill the locked diff nonsense as well.

I would expect more in deep aero improvements in upcoming patch, such as downforce calculations according to actual number of degrees from the surface.. you know, just as irl. AND tyre heating model improved
As tyre heating improvements I mean, if you choose Bridgestones for F1.06, none of us would be able to heat them up properly so F1 races would be a donutfest, seriously
Quote from farcar :Aw, you're too nice...

Meh I suspect a certain other mod might've been a bit more heavy with the old Hammer of Ban with +1 aggression Infractions can be a bit more helpful sometimes. An out right ban can annoy the crap out of people and causes them to come back with alt accounts to annoy.

Infractions build up over time and mentally they're more aware that multiple actions have caused the ban (so they're not just being picked on), and they're sometimes less likely to create an alt account and come back before the ban has been lifted.

Incidentally, if any one wants their access removed, all they need to do is poke one or two of the mods - its easier on us and makes you look like less of a cock to everyone else
#789 - e.M
talking about tyres its not a most important thing but i hope they will include a sound then driving on curb with new patch
I'm sure that lerts could code the best tyre physics ever.

He would also use a umbrella for more aerodynamic
Quote from e.M :talking about tyres its not a most important thing but i hope they will include a sound then driving on curb with new patch

Yep, curb sounds are definitely more important that tyre physics.

Quote from Khann :Yep, curb sounds are definitely more important that tyre physics.

That's not what he meant, but the missing punctuation made it hard to understand

Corrected:
"Talking about tyres - it's not an important thing, but I hope they will include a sound when driving on curbs with the new patch."

And I agree, a tyre impact sound, dynamically created whenever the tyre experiences sudden compression/force would be very nice, both for bumps on the road and especially for the kerbs. In a real car, going over kerbs can be extremely loud (granted, we lack sawtooth kerbs in LFS), where as in LFS the most you hear is your FF wheel rattling, if the shaking FF isn't mysteriously drowned out as it tends to happen with LFS' FF implementation, that is.
#793 - e.M
thanks for correcting. next time i ll try to be clearer
Quote from pandera :you do know that the guy was racing? for real.. so comparing him with boys "driving" Gran Turismo is simply wrong

end of OT

I think you lost something in Translation. Read it again and then comment on whether my inclusion of Steve McQueen into that statement was justified.

I'll give you a clue, the basic premise was 'Those console Jocks who think they are Steve McQueen'. Which doesn't actually show any disrespect at all. So before you go slagging me off of disrespecting the 'Queen. Make sure you understood the very thing your slagging off.

Numpty.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Incidentally, if any one wants their access removed, all they need to do is poke one or two of the mods -

not slagging you, just posting my opinion, like people do on the forums

and good to know it is just a misunderstanding, based on the fact that the word think was used in quite a long sentence, separated by a few other statements

so my mistake, sorry, and I am very happy about it
Not sure if this was asked before but: Do the new tyre physics work well with the ramps? I mean, in the current version if the tyre gets between two ramps it'll send you to space, will that be fixed? Or thats not tyre related?
Quote from kimd41 :Not sure if this was asked before but: Do the new tyre physics work well with the ramps? I mean, in the current version if the tyre gets between two ramps it'll send you to space, will that be fixed? Or thats not tyre related?

I think it's not tyre related,more probably a collision issue.
Quote from kimd41 :Not sure if this was asked before but: Do the new tyre physics work well with the ramps? I mean, in the current version if the tyre gets between two ramps it'll send you to space, will that be fixed? Or thats not tyre related?

I think it's not tyre related, but it has got something to do with the collision with the objects.
Quote from IlGuercio :I think it's not tyre related,more probably a collision issue.

Quote from Flame CZE :I think it's not tyre related, but it has got something to do with the collision with the objects.

There is no spoon.
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG