The online racing simulator
What is the estimated time till next patch release? Is in weeks or in months to come?
Do you have many complicated improvements on your todo list before finish?
Quote from Simpson :What is the estimated time till next patch release? Is in weeks or in months to come?

Are you just trying to stir the pot?

Quote from Scawen :Hello LFS Racers,

We are pleased to announce that a new tyre physics model is currently in the testing and refinement stage.

Thanks for the update! sounds good.
Quote from Simpson :What is the estimated time till next patch release? Is in weeks or in months to come?

He said that there is no estimated time when the patch will be released, he has to work a little to update esp and tc functions and overall cosmetics.
Niiice, this is so awesome. Can't wait for next patch to come out. I guess I won't be leaving LFS that soon as I expected.
Just curious Scawen... i hope that it won't be a bothering question . Those plates will be standard from now on? In all cars? Will we be able to choose our own nation? Or is it a feature only in Scirocco(with not-changeable "D(euchland)")?
Quote from Byku :Just curious Scawen... i hope that it won't be a bothering question . Those plates will be standard from now on? In all cars? Will we be able to choose our own nation? Or is it a feature only in Scirocco(with not-changeable "D(euchland)")?

I don´t think so.
Woo, anyone up for some night racing in Scirocco?

Quick photoshop job Oh yes, we need this
Attached images
scirocco-night.png
Quote from iFastLT :And another suggestion about all PBs and WRs. You could measure how many percents cars are slower with new physics than with old and change all the times according to that percentage?

You can't really do that because a change in grip will affect different tracks differently. For example, UF1/KY1 WR probably wouldn't change much at all, but BF1/AS1 would change alot
I really like the way how u are solving problems its cool just maybe u should inform us on page more frequently
Good to see things being told straight to the community, this is the way to go in the future as well!

And as for the coming update, I think this was the right way to use the development time. Will be interesting to see how differently the cars will handle and I definitely hope the locked diff era will be over for now.
nope but really no changes on the main page since december
Quote from L@gger :nope but really no changes on the main page since december

There are changes since december, open your eyes.
yes since yesterday they are ...
... Yes yesterday there was a change but during 8 months before nothing. Now u understand what i mean?????????????????
Jeez, some people never gets satisfied.

I can't wait for the patch either, btw. :]
what ignorance?
Quote from L@gger :what ignorance?

It's obviously taken a while to sort out.

It's not like he left LFS alone for 8 months then fixed all the problems yesterday.
nope i wanted to say there was 8 months silence
So either there has been a break through recently with the new tyre model or he just decided to let us know something.

There is no obligation to tell us anything at all.
Quote from L@gger :nope i wanted to say there was 8 months silence

That's because they didn't want to announce the new tyre model, get everyone excited, then find out that they can't implement it after all. Which is explained in the first post.
Excellent news. Glad to hear about the progress.

Why is everybody assuming that the cars will be slower with this new physics update? Notice that Scawen said that they couldn't make the Scirocco perform as well in LFS as compared to the real world. They found the the tires produces too much grip (I would assume in certain conditions, but maybe not all). However, if they fix that problem, then the rest of the suspension can probably now work better (more like a real car) and thereby allow a better overall level of grip for the car thus producing faster times overall.

Yay! Now I can throw away all my old setups and start again, and that really is a good thing.

EDIT: OK, he said "handle as well" not perform as well. But I would take much the same meaning from that.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
yep i agree it would be good to see some news every month or like that about lfs what they are testing and so on. Then it makes a better feeling of that the game is alive
I have two questions about the new physics to Scawen:
1. Will the right height being mesured and shown in programs like F1PerfView?
2. Will we have ground effect, that means will the air streaming und the bottom of the car have effects on downforce especially on formula cars?
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG