The online racing simulator
Quote from The Very End :Stop beeing mean to me, or I'll turn emo

whoa whoa whoa whoa

turn emo? you're not?

then who is in the pic in your avatar if it isn't you!??

(if you're gonna go off topic you might as well do it with style. ibtl and all that)
Quote from george_tsiros :whoa whoa whoa whoa

turn emo? you're not?

(if you're gonna go off topic you might as well do it with style. ibtl and all that)

Its a character from an anime called Ulqiourra hes a very very very evil character
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Its a character from an anime called Ulqiourra hes a very very very evil character

And he is very very very emo (i've read Bleach ).
More off-topic but perhaps necessary before people think us mods are oppressing opinions...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I am not allowed to post my opinion anymore, or I'll just get banned.

I said we (members of the forum community) are bored about you harping on about one piece of hardware being better than another to an excess. I didn't say you can't express opinions in general, or even on the matters for which you have a reputation. I just don't want to see more threads veered into x vs y debates where everbody is too proud or stubborn to either agree to disagree, or be intelligent enough to not care that "somebody on the internet is wrong!". Now if somebody starts a "should I buy an x or y" thread, then feel free to go on about these such things (so long as you don't stoop to insults), but if the topic is completely unrelated, it's often better to keep your opinion to yourself.

As for people insulting Lerts, I didn't read any of those threads as I didn't find them interesting, so if nobody reported offensive posts, I won't have read them, thus cannot have taken action. I can't really vouch for the other mods, but with the forum having so many dicussions and us mods being low in number and spare time, we really do rely on the community to flag up potential issues, then we can make the decision on what action, if any, is necessary. People trying to go the next step, posting bananas or flaming, is certainly not encouraged.

Anyway, after that little aside, you may continue basking in the glory of the first news update this year...
-
(Chrisuu01) DELETED by Chrisuu01
Quote from george_tsiros :whoa whoa whoa whoa

turn emo? you're not?

Pfft, I am not emo you silly

Quote from 510N3D :Penetrating analysis.

:grumpy:

Either way, I'll head out of this topic for the sake of on-topic.
Quote from Byku :And he is very very very emo

And he is very very very anime = very very very gay.
this was a nice thread.
... well it was predictable .
Quote from Victor :this was a nice thread.

hey victor

i suspect it gets tiring after a while... but...

thanks for this great game man, to you and all

you can't believe the hours i've spent things i've learned

really really thanks for your efforts
Spam and thread hijacking always comes from the same loud minority, that has been complaining about LFS development speed for... ever. But they are still here maybe the maturity to enjoy the path will strike them before S2 final

I want to thank you (development team) for the news and progress report, but I can see how a constructive discussion about the news is nearly impossible in here - you have to scroll pages to find interesting and relevant posts on topic.

I enjoy following your path forward in creating this game, from within, and I appreciate that you share you difficulties, ideas and sometimes frustration with us users.

Please keep it up!

Well, it started with a nice update on what is currently going on "inside" LFS, followed by the usual "oh my god, you guys are so awesome" posts, some (unanswered) technical questions about the new model and surely turned out into this.

To be honest, that's not what I call a "nice" thread. It was a glimpse on what is being worked on, and given that's over half a year after the last piece of info dropping in here from an official side, I'd also say about time. I don't want to offend anyone here as it's not really my business.

This is the nature of the forum beast Threads de-rail at about 10 pages
Woghu can't wait :woohoo:
Quote from Intrepid :This is the nature of the forum beast Threads de-rail at about 10 pages

Still on 9 here, turn your posts per page up

On a serious note though, with the changes in tyre physics does this mean that we will get some variation between the brands ?
Quote from kamkorPL :Drifters drift on normal high perfomance road tires, or cheap chinese road tires, or cheap used junk depending on the money. I have done some research in may to see what tires they used in d1gp japan in 2008:

Toyo team : http://www.toyoeditor.com/r1r.html Toyo R1R Threadwear 140

Dunlop: http://www.1010tires.com/tire. ... irezza+Sport+Z1+Star+Spec Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec Threadwear 200

Yokohama: http://www.vulcantire.com/neova_t.htm Advan Neova Threadwear 180

Goodyear: http://www.goodyear.com.sg/eagle_rs_sport.html Eagle Rs Sport

Bridgestone: http://www.potenza.jp/lineup/re11/info/ Potenza RE11 Threadwear 180

Tires making coloured smoke are used very rarely, just for "show".

What we need is steering lock, tracking (spacers) and caster settings back.

Anyway, I can't wait for new physics update.

Don't they actually use semi-slick in D1GP? They used slicks, but it's not allowed anymore.
Quote from Bean0 :Still on 9 here, turn your posts per page up

On a serious note though, with the changes in tyre physics does this mean that we will get some variation between the brands ?

My guess is that at this would be some kind of an overkill and as sooner or later one brand would turn out to be the best for a specific car you'll end up with all driving the same brand anyway. Of course it would be nice but I don't really see it fit atm.

We'll have to see how much driving / tire consumption changes anyway with the new model (once we can get our hands on it).
It would be great if it did work, though. Especially in leagues.
Quote from Bob Smith :....blah mutter chirp... the first news update this year...

Rampant speculation time.

yes I know that's pulling out of context and probably means nothing but at least it's more interesting than 80% of this thread.
It's really great news! I didn't notice until the day before yesterday

Can't wait for it to be released

+1
If all off-topic posts could be removed it would be a nice thread again

oh btw.. how will the update effect the load on the computer? I'm glad I can run LFS as it is now
Oh, this could be what's needed to make LFS the best race sim around (again).

And thats bloody amazing considering the number of people working on it!

I agree. I'm begining to tire of the behaviour of some people in this forum and the way they act. It's turning into a rowdy mess and it's putting me off this forum more and more each day. Some people need to take a long hard look at themself and think "Why do I act this way?" It can really ruin it and if it puts me off as an older user, I wonder how many new customers get turned away.

Mini-Rant over.

Anyway, thanks to the dev's, it's good to see that progress is being made, and if we seem to be this far ahead, will there be a general date of release (not precise or anything, for example around Christmas/New Year?)

That's all I have to say for now, and the Scirocco looks mighty fine.

P.S. For those that know who I mean, FEEL BADDD!!!
Quote from Drift King CZ :Don't they actually use semi-slick in D1GP? They used slicks, but it's not allowed anymore.

Those are for 99% the tires they used in 2008. And they are very close in spec to semi slicks (like r888). Judging by threadwear value they are only a tad worse. Those are still damn grippy high perfomance tires.

And in d1 usa (or formula d, not sure again) there is regulation that threadwear can't be smaller than "xxx" (I don't remember exact value). That regulation rules out most dot-r tires (ie. r888).
Oh come on, stop the spamming, and stop trying to make dawedust rage on you. Don't you see it? You're making Victor and the moderators sad...
Quote from Sponge :It's really great news! I didn't notice until the day before yesterday

Can't wait for it to be released

+1
If all off-topic posts could be removed it would be a nice thread again

oh btw.. how will the update effect the load on the computer? I'm glad I can run LFS as it is now

I've already asked that on one of the earlier pages and was told that the CPU load increase would be "mint", whatever that means.
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG