The online racing simulator
Quote from lizardfolk :While I'm not complaining. Seeing a new tire model is always welcome...

But curious...will the aero and damage model be improved as well with the next patch?

as far as we know... no

as i sayd some posts ago its not a big patch. the tire physics is a big stop foreword but it wont be a lot closer to s3.
Quote from Bob Smith :... Aha, now I understand your other comment. You are living in the future. Welcome to the present: http://www.vehicle-analyser.com/skidpan_results.PNG

According to some magazines there are many cars such as Lancer Evolution, Impreza STI, BMW 335 Ci which support slightly more than 1g... And the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale 1.1+ according to Ferrari official data
yeaaaaaaaaaaa :yummy:
Maybe the other interiors are ready too?
Great to see some news! Very keenly looking forward to getting my hands on the test patches! Thanks Scawen.
good news

i hope this fixes the unrealistic tyre heating too
Look at the results of the Ford Focus RS in that skidpad test. 0.94 g's. Leads me to believe it's the sexy looking 2009 RS and this makes me want one Stateside all the more!
Quote from Bob Smith :Is that question aimed at me or another Bob? I'm not aware of what issues you are referring to?

Yep. A while back (maybe 1-3 years), you'd said tire physics were the deal breaker for drag racing tweaks.

edit - My bad, I think I'm remembering your saying LFS needed drag tires, not specifically the physics.
no new tracks? i hope they really put new tracks its been how long. new tires are great and a new car is good. but if its on the same old tracks.....i dont see it lasting.... my enthusiasm. Hopefully they will suprise us with new environments alot of them.
Quote from ANAMENOONEHAD :no new tracks? i hope they really put new tracks its been how long. new tires are great and a new car is good. but if its on the same old tracks.....i dont see it lasting.... my enthusiasm. Hopefully they will suprise us with new environments alot of them.

Nobody said anything about tracks. Scawen isn't the one working on tracks anyway - Eric is. Just because Scawen said new tyre physics are in the works doesn't mean there will or won't be any new tracks available.
since when has aston gotten old??? try different track layout, explore the sand dunes
Quote from chavm481 :since when has aston gotten old??? try different track layout, explore the sand dunes

yes my friend.

LIVE FOR SPEED IS DEAD!!!

pffff 1 car new in 2 years ; we need more cars, we need new and more tracks, new game modes, examples: Nordschleife, monza gp, audis rs, porsches gtr, mode race 24hrs ... etc.
you're a demo racer
Quote from eduardoCHI :yes my friend.

pffff 1 car new in 2 years ; we need more cars, we need new and more tracks, new game modes, examples: Nordschleife, monza gp, audis rs, porsches gtr, mode race 24hrs ... etc.

rly
now go to change your pampers

what the hell do you care about it, your demo anyway
Quote from Bluebird B B :maybe take a look at nowadays measurements! instead of theoretical limits of some analyser/website who claimes to have correct figures. Before i posted i dubbel checked the g-loads before posting it. With custom suspension and proper tires(stock tires are rarely any good at all) many cars perform a lot better then stock.

Of course track day or slick tyres will increasing lateral acceleration a lot. Just look at the two entries for the Elise. I spent a few hours compling that list, I'd happily add more to it if people can serve up links to reputable sources.

Quote from Chrisuu01 :Where is the R35 GTR in that list?

I never said the list was complete!

Quote from NitroNitrous :According to some magazines there are many cars such as Lancer Evolution, Impreza STI, BMW 335 Ci which support slightly more than 1g... And the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale 1.1+ according to Ferrari official data

Well the Stradale is practically a racecar so that's expected.

Also please bear in mind that what you can achieve on a racetrack is more than on a flat skidpan result. The point of skidpan testing (I thought) was to level the playing field (almost literally, even mildly cambered bends permit a substanial increasing in lateral acceleration), remove the chance of short lived transients influencing the results, and to have an easily comparable benchmark between cars.

Anyway, give me links to figures or more sites to wade through and I'll expand my list.
Probably at least the FX and FZ are ready as Eric had 8 months to do things

We already got something similair to audi rs in a gtr form, and something similair to porsche gtr and we can already do "mode race 24hrs" and even 48hrs!!!

you can do 24hrs race but only in AS Cadet (after you remove your crack and buy S2)...see how many laps can you do
Woohoo! :banana:
Quote from Bob Smith :Of course track day or slick tyres will increasing lateral acceleration a lot. Just look at the two entries for the Elise. I spent a few hours compling that list, I'd happily add more to it if people can serve up links to reputable sources.

I never said the list was complete!

Well the Stradale is practically a racecar so that's expected.

Also please bear in mind that what you can achieve on a racetrack is more than on a flat skidpan result. The point of skidpan testing (I thought) was to level the playing field (almost literally, even mildly cambered bends permit a substanial increasing in lateral acceleration), remove the chance of short lived transients influencing the results, and to have an easily comparable benchmark between cars.

Anyway, give me links to figures or more sites to wade through and I'll expand my list.

Just find as many sources as possible with actual measurements and try to figure out what kind of car they are driving. For example 900-1000kg lmp cars are pulling 4.5g' s in fast corners, which makes the 4.5g maximum of the bf1 in lfs rather look ok.

Some nearly standard big bmw m5 saloon pulling 1.3g at nordschleife

A (modified)350z pulling 1.2g' s on a damp track,the 350z will do stock maybe 1.0 max. but that is with stock suspension which also makes it easy to go over speed bumps at nice speeds on public roads. With race-type suspension this 1500 kg car is just great despite it huge weight. However if nissan would sell the car with race-suspension fitted, nobody would buy the car because it is hardly usable on public roads. So by just upgrading the stock suspension(if done well) and fitting better tires, grip increases big time. Sometimes fitting a modest rear wing give also serious improvements to neutralize any generated lift at high speeds.

What are we racing at lfs, exactly that, cars with suspension totally replaced by racing components and setup for only one thing, race track!
And supposedly we will not be using any high performance tire from just any manufacturer, but use the best there is.

That' s why, for example, i think the the maximum of about 1.2g's for xrg is very correct.
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG