The online racing simulator
Wonderful work, Scawen!

*wont say anything more*
Quote from ftop :Hello Scawen! Very nice news! im thing about lfs Drift ! Maybe you can make Drift Road Tyres?? and that be very easy to drift? like very much oversteer! What you thing? Thank you !

Sorry, but no
Just make a setup with hard susb. , road tyres and max angle lock on the wheels, should be easy to drift then.
Implenting things as drift tyres would be the oposit thing of what should be done, the first line is racing, then when S3 is out then can start thinking of new alternative racing and utilities.
Nice for the update guys, now we can all relax knowning what's going on behind the scenes of LFS!!

Hope this new tyre idea works!
well well well.. i hope we are still able to create..
Nice, now we know what the "extra" really was. Wonder what more he aint telling us

Anyhow, I too would like Scawen to sum up the old tire physics and compare it against the new one and so on.

I havent raced for a long time now, I've been waiting for the new car and its limited setups so we can get some more fun racing again.

Hopefully that will happen sooner than later
Goodie.

Perhaps this means 3 months of testing the same BF1 set will go slighly to waste? Have to maybe redo my suspension and tyre testing?.

In addition:
Quote from The Very End :Sorry, but no

Just make a setup with hard susb. , road tyres and max angle lock on the wheels, should be easy to drift then.

Implenting things as drift tyres would be the oposit thing of what should be done, the first line is racing, then when S3 is out then can start thinking of new alternative racing and utilities.

Agreed.
Quote from ftop :Hello Scawen! Very nice news! im thing about lfs Drift ! Maybe you can make Drift Road Tyres?? and that be very easy to drift? like very much oversteer! What you thing? Thank you !

Such thing as "drift tires" doesn't exist in real life. Serious drifters use normal high-performance sports tires (Toyo R888 etc.) for drifting. There aren't any magical special tires that exist to make drifting easy for you. Besides, currently drifting in LFS is already piss easy after you drift long enough for your tires to go in to the soap mode. That is, when your tires are overheated around 100 degrees and they lose all their grip.

It would also be nice if the wheelspin and tire lockup smoke rendering was updated aswell since the patch is on the subject. It's getting pretty old seeing cars puff out massive amounts of smoke while driving straight without any wheelspin.

Anyway, I'm looking forward seeing this soap-bug fixed in this patch and making LFS drifting challenging once again.
maybe rim size could be a new setup option? Maybe thats what drifters needs
Er, no?
That doesn't help the racing, so useless, since it's a race simulator IIRC?
Quote from L@gger :maybe rim size could be a new setup option? Maybe thats what drifters needs

I hate how some people associate some ricer crap with drifting.

Seriously, does ANY drift car need ultra larger rimz size?? (Stupid mainstream...)

On topic: Great news.
its not about visual its about changing properties of car
It's going to be really funny the first race that starts after the new tyre model goes live. Instead of people bunching up on the inside of T1 I can imagine half of the field just sliding straight off the outside tarmac
Quote from Bose321 :Er, no?
That doesn't help the racing, so useless, since it's a race simulator IIRC?

Its not a racing simulator, its a driving simulator. Drift is a little bit part of driving which is pretty famous in LFS
Quote from Kristi :Its not a racing simulator, its a driving simulator. Drift is a little bit part of driving which is pretty famous in LFS

Look here first
Quote :Live for Speed is a serious racing simulator.

Quote from Kristi :Its not a racing simulator, its a driving simulator. Drift is a little bit part of driving which is pretty famous in LFS

LFS can be used for other things but it's mainly a racing sim:

LFS Developpers create the game for racing.
And personaly, I prefer Racing updates, like Endurance Mods
As long as they go for physics behaviour that mimics real life as best as possible with the limitations they have, LFS will continue to be popular among all types of motor sport enthusiasts

As for all sliding off at the first corner it might be the case if they use their old setups, but Scawen has said they have reworked all the default, Race S setups etc, so I think it might even be the opposite, we will have to wait and see I personally wouldn't expect the corner grip level to change all that much but more how it looses and regains grip to feel a lot different and quite possibly more intuitive. I'm looking forward to seeing how it changes set up building. And I will particularly be interested in how it effects heating and cooling of tyres and the effect that has on grip when compared to now. Also the behaviour of different diffs with oversteer understeer, etc...
This will be of interest to both drifters and racers

I also suspect with more road going type setups the new physics may yield better handling at low speed which will interest cruises so it could possibly make a lot of people happy, but that is all speculation
This is great news.

I would love to hear what is changed for the users in the tirespecs. Like if we will still have a live view of the condition of the tires and if it still devided in the same parts. But i am sure we will hear it when the time is right. I can understand you want to be sure about updates before announcing them to the users
Quote from Vegas Las :LFS Developpers create the game for racing.
And personaly, I prefer Racing updates, like Endurance Mods

Well, i do both, so i dont mind what update comes out, if it has something to do with driving
Is there a chance that we might test the physics changes in a public test patch at the end of the refinement stage?
I've been waiting for no soap tyres for a long time
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :Is there a chance that we might test the physics changes in a public test patch at the end of the refinement stage?

It seems standard practise these days, that once the patch has been run past the beta testers and the issues they bring up are resolved, that it will be publically tested to ensure the official patch is as stable as possible (Scawen has commented that even when a patch has no issues with the beta testers, the community at large still manages to find obscures issues and hardware irregularities).

However, there have already been some compatible test patches, tesing some of the new changes, so if that only leaves new tyres and an extra car not being tested, perhaps there won't be a need for public testing of those items.
FINALLY

At least we've got a update and the VWS is comming soon!!!
Quote from (The Stig) :FINALLY

At least we've got a update and the VWS is comming soon!!!

Not as soon as you think. Also whats the point of waiting for Scirocco, tyre physics is much more important now! We didn't had so big change in physics engine in years.
Quote from Amynue :Not as soon as you think. Also whats the point of waiting for Scirocco, tyre physics is much more important now! We didn't had so big change in physics engine in years.

I agree! +1
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG