The online racing simulator
no the smoke is part of the graphics system so unless that gets updated as well, then it wont change. But the point at which the tyres lock will
... I'm pretty sure when the tyres smoke would be a physics thing. The appearance of the smoke would be Graphics, but not when the smoke appears.
Also i hope the amount of smoke caused by locking wheels under braking will be increased.
Quote from jtw62074 :This isn't a weight transfer effect.....

Thanks for the post, always enjoyable to read!

Quote from NightShift :I'll be very glad if it'll make our dear devs earn some more money, but we've been waiting 15 months already for this delayed patch, and it should not surprise anyone if releasing MMS main consequence is a lot of eyebrows raising.

As has been said many times before, the devs do not owe us anything, they do not owe us a patch at any particular time. We have paid for the content we have now, and if we happen to get extra content (for free, by the way) then that's great. What a waste of time waiting for something. Just use what you have now and enjoy it, and if/when something new comes along, then enjoy that. The devs work on their own agenda and it's up to them how they work and release patches. If you don't like it, go and play something else that doesn't give you any updates whatsoever.
Quote from detail :Does graphics slow down with these settings?

Answering my own question: yes, it does, significantly. 5 or 7 screens reduce FPS by the factor of about 3.
Quote from NightShift :

Tyre physics directly impacts 100% of the existing userbase (including those that cannot be bothered to play anymore but will come back as soon as it is released) + 100% of the potential userbase.

Multiple monitor support? is a very nifty addition but assuming it will sell a lot of LFS licenses in the real world is wishful thinking. Those who had multiple monitors were already using SoftTH probably, so they received a great improvement but it's not like they were stuck using a measly single monitor, poor little darlings.

I'll be very glad if it'll make our dear devs earn some more money, but we've been waiting 15 months already for this delayed patch, and it should not surprise anyone if releasing MMS main consequence is a lot of eyebrows raising.

With Z25 delivered as a transitional update the most reasonable expectation is 0.6A will follow god knows when, it's pretty much clear to anyone (naive people included) they wouldn't have gone through the hassle of releasing it if 0.6A was close.

It almost seems like LFS is stuck in the simracing equivalent of The Groundhog Day, and the only ones who care about producing funny justifications anymore ought to like committing simsuicide day in day out.

You havn't run many business's have you.
Quote from Michael Denham :As has been said many times before, the devs do not owe us anything, they do not owe us a patch at any particular time. We have paid for the content we have now, and if we happen to get extra content (for free, by the way) then that's great. What a waste of time waiting for something. Just use what you have now and enjoy it, and if/when something new comes along, then enjoy that. The devs work on their own agenda and it's up to them how they work and release patches. If you don't like it, go and play something else that doesn't give you any updates whatsoever.

Déjà vu... I'm sure I have read that before...

Quote from detail :Answering my own question: yes, it does, significantly. 5 or 7 screens reduce FPS by the factor of about 3.

There was no need to answer your own question as the answer was right in the post your question referred to.

Quote from yaper :And of course stronger videocard is required, because it eats a lot of FPS.

When scawen made a test patch with better support for multiple monitor (especially a better support for 2 as you can now Offset the main screen) i couldn't resist and I bough a second 23" monitor and trust me I don't regret my purchase. LFS is amazing with a 40inch width view, you can close up the FOV to an almost realistic level (thanks to bob for his angle calculator btw) so now the cars you overtake are just as big as they are in real life.. even offline I had hours of pure joy.

So please don't bash the time invested for multiple screen support because now LFS is the most complete simulation as for peripheral immersion.

That said I can't wait for this new physic patch as well :eclipsee_
Quote from Skytrill :especially a better support for 2 as you can now Offset the main screen:eclipsee_

Yep and while there still is a limited number that have 3 - 11 screen set ups, it's well within the reach of a vast number of people to have a two monitor set up. Before the patch I would not have considered two monitors over one but now it would be easily better than one. Two monitors is really very useful for a lot of other computer type work also
IMO 2 screens isn't very nice Either you have the bezel in the middle which is damn stupid, or you have only half the advantage of 3 screens..
It's still better than one.
Quote from RasmusL :or you have only half the advantage of 3 screens..

Well that was exactly the situation before the current revamp of the multi-monitor system where increasing FOV over a large flat surface didn't give you a much greater imersive feel because it would also alter the perspective making you feel more disjointed.

Now with the multi view enhancements you can change actual physical screen angle and have a greater FOV while maintaning a natural perspective, both with how it now renders across multiple screens and the fact that you can offset the view port.

This does make it possible to use two screen much more comfortably than before for cars were you sit off centre and you use the cockpit view (still not a disirable setup for single seaters or central views) I've used custm view and cockpit view interchangably for the past few years, and generally revert back to custom view when wanting to be highly competitive. Now with the new multi monitor support I use cockpit view exclusively as it has so much better feel for depth of view than prevoiusly was possible. The improvement in multi monitor support really can't be appreciated unless you have seen the difference first hand, it is like chalk and cheese for me
Actually yes I do see the advantage in cars where you sit off-center.. I just didn't think about that, I usually drive single seaters
Quote from obsolum :Déjà vu... I'm sure I have read that before...

Yeah, I don't know why we bother explaining over and over how it works to the people that just don't get it!
Here is my two screen setup, in case anyone hasn't seen one. Two really is better than one now!

The bezel is a bit in the way on some corners but never mind.

Two monitors also helps me to work because I can have more things open and visible.
Attached images
two_screen_1.jpg
Nice setup, but i have a question, how can i run lfs in 2 screens?, i cant get lfs to show in my 2-nd screen
Could do with a better keyboard thou
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv : forgot about quote
Quote from Scawen :Here is my two screen setup, in case anyone hasn't seen one. Two really is better than one now!

The bezel is a bit in the way on some corners but never mind.

Two monitors also helps me to work because I can have more things open and visible.

Looks good, and as you say it's much practical for you than single screen. But that border in the middle from two monitors always was not understandable to me.(for racing)
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Nice setup, but i have a question, how can i run lfs in 2 screens?, i cant get lfs to show in my 2-nd screen

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1297526#post1297526

Quote from rc10racer :Could do with a better keyboard thou

Nothing wrong with it, at least the keys are in the right place, unlike some of these modern keyboards where insert / delete / page up / page down are all in the wrong place so it becomes impossible to edit text at high speed which is what my job involves a lot of the time. So I can press any key and it works. Don't know how I can improve on that, really.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Nice setup, but i have a question, how can i run lfs in 2 screens?, i cant get lfs to show in my 2-nd screen

I can but not in fullscreen mode.
Wow is it my imagination or does the multi monitor view also adjust for the gap left by the monitor edges?

Anyway, I'm really lookibg forward to the new tire physics in the hope it will radically revamp how LFS feels. After iRacing and especially NKP, the transition bacl to LFS is a rough one.
-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by bmwe30m3
Quote from G!NhO :I can but not in fullscreen mode.

There seems to be some problems with Vista. It is no problem in XP.

Quote from Mattesa :Wow is it my imagination or does the multi monitor view also adjust for the gap left by the monitor edges?

Yes, there is a Bezel Compensation slider.
Quote from Scawen :There seems to be some problems with Vista. It is no problem in XP.

I use Windows 7 but thats comparable to Vista i guess.
Quote from Scawen :There seems to be some problems with Vista. It is no problem in XP.

In Vista the driver model was changed. I guess that causes some problems with spanning mode, or gpu manufacturers simply cant be bothered in re-coding the feature.
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG