Hence, Twitter was born.
Or damage of car body will change down force? if u heat tires will they lost that grip like now?
Quote from L@gger :... Yes yesterday there was a change but during 8 months before nothing. Now u understand what i mean?????????????????

I can only say it again: Read (and UNDERSTAND) the first post!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Quote from p.maishaupt :I have two questions about the new physics to Scawen:
1. Will the right height being mesured and shown in programs like F1PerfView?
2. Will we have ground effect, that means will the air streaming und the bottom of the car have effects on downforce especially on formula cars?

as far as i see it now the update betwen 0.5Z and 0.6A will be

new tire physics
scirroco
new fbm wheels
pit direction indicator
and lots of very minor things (but not anything really new).......
The question is, how much closer :P
Any progress is good progress , not that it will affect me too much, seeing as I haven't touched LFS in a good while now
This is good news and look forward to the increased realism!
Quote from hazaky :I dont think so, maybe just a bit because of the Scirocco's high poly model? Not sure, but if there will be then its worth it - no matter what lol.

You can always reduce Car LOD, though.
Onwards and upwards, I look forward to driving cars that feel realistically heavy.
Just this morning I was wondering if the tyre physics are ever again updated. Then remembering that I decided to make random check at lfs.net... I had to read that "New tyre physics" twice.

Scirocco is nice but if new physics change the way the 20 existing cars needs to be driven, then that is much bigger thing. I have also always thought that getting the tyres right would really change the experience more than new content or other most often requested features.

_
this is overall good news
i will love to seen how the car action will compare to the old stuff, if it is getting more and more as real life, this is simply mindblowing.
now about that FIA SuperTruck....
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Great to see we can expect serious improvements in lfs in hopefully short time(less then a month i hope???..)

I hope the weird soapy handling on change of direction will be a lot better then it is now.

I'm only not sure about less grip of tyres, 1500kg roadcars nowadays pull well over 1G. Well not with stock suspension but in essence big heavy roadgoing sportscars with upgraded suspension, very limited downforce and not on slick tires. Also the lmp1 one cars are pulling about 4.5g' s on fast corners, which is for the bf1 more ore less the maximum in lfs...all suggests grip levels in lfs are not too high, well sideways at least..

I think the current grip in lfs is actually rather good, but the tyres handling/responses and heat generating problems needed addressing.

But it all looks it will be a lot better drive in lfs in a very short time
Even more realism = pure awesomeness!!!
Quote from ussbeethoven :Is it correct to assume this will also make open differentials more usable?

It would seem that way. Less weight transfer would mean more weight on the inside wheel, increasing its grip and making it more difficult to spin it. Unless the changes result in so much less grip that fwds just go straight-on no matter what
Bob, can you say if this'll fix the drag racing tire issues?
it will be harder to make 2 side wheels stunts or not?
Quote from Breizh :Bob, can you say if this'll fix the drag racing tire issues?

Is that question aimed at me or another Bob? I'm not aware of what issues you are referring to?

Quote from Bluebird B B :(less then a month i hope???..)

:jester:

Quote from Bluebird B B :I'm only not sure about less grip of tyres, 1500kg roadcars nowadays pull well over 1G.

Aha, now I understand your other comment. You are living in the future. Welcome to the present: http://www.vehicle-analyser.com/skidpan_results.PNG
Quote from danowat :Any progress is good progress , not that it will affect me too much, seeing as I haven't touched LFS in a good while now

+1.

Lost interest in LFS lately, will give it a go when the new patch arrives though.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from L@gger :it will be harder to make 2 side wheels stunts or not?

Real hothatches also tent to be easily flipped, some time ago i saw a real movie of sedan takeoff flipping into the air over a minor bush.... It does really happen irl :-)
Quote from Bluebird B B :Real hothatches also tent to be easily flipped, some time ago i saw a real movie of sedan takeoff flipping into the air over a minor bush.... It does really happen irl :-)

that was movie, man, also maybe it was cobra 11?
Quote from Bob Smith :Is that question aimed at me or another Bob? I'm not aware of what issues you are referring to?

:jester:

Aha, now I understand your other comment. You are living in the future. Welcome to the present: http://www.vehicle-analyser.com/skidpan_results.PNG

maybe take a look at nowadays measurements! instead of theoretical limits of some analyser/website who claimes to have correct figures. Before i posted i dubbel checked the g-loads before posting it. With custom suspension and proper tires(stock tires are rarely any good at all) many cars perform a lot better then stock.
Quote from iFastLT :that was movie, man, also maybe it was cobra 11?

No, real flip in real live, not movie lol

I couldnt find the one i ment, but did get this one, nice flip over from apperently touching inner side curb, just as what happens if you do that in lfs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF1kaiuN4v0

While searching i saw some big flips and flying cars, the crashes in lfs now looks suddenly a lot better to me, cars can get airborne and jump and fly all over the place

A demonstration on how incredibly strong suspensions are nowadays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9JTAhpDiDY
While I'm not complaining. Seeing a new tire model is always welcome...

But curious...will the aero and damage model be improved as well with the next patch?
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG