The online racing simulator
just saying, kinda off topic, but not really. doesnt the e-brake apply to all four wheels, it seems to only apply to the rear in the game
Quote from logitekg25 :just saying, kinda off topic, but not really. doesnt the e-brake apply to all four wheels, it seems to only apply to the rear in the game

Its on the rear wheels in real life dude... you ever drove a car before?
#853 - dev
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Its on the rear wheels in real life dude...

Thats only 99.9% correct Very few cars have it on the front wheels...
uh, im 14, but my mom just let me move her car

ur right just asked my dad, who is a mechanic, and he corrected me :doh:

my brother was wrong *thanks for humiliating me!*
Quote from logitekg25 :uh, im 14, but my mom just let me move her car

ur right just asked my dad, who is a mechanic, and he corrected me :doh:

my brother was wrong *thanks for humiliating me!*

Nah, Everybody learns at a point you know. I also didnt knew these things when I was 12-13 or something.
I think that if the e-brake applied to all 4 wheels, it would be much harderd to spin the car with it
I know cars with hydropneumatic suspension have the e-brake on the front wheels. You know, those cars that sink a few inches after the engine stops. (Citroen etc.)
All others have it on the rear wheels. I never heared of any car that has it to all wheels.

Well, on topic now. Why are we 2 months after the tyre physic message and we don't have it (or at least in beta version)?
Quote from BoneCrusher : Why are we 2 months after the tyre physic message and we don't have it (or at least in beta version)?

If you watched Scawen's recent work, you would find out that Scawen was fixing the new bugs and was working on multiple screen features and now he's back to work on the tyre physics.
multiple screen features?
Quote from logitekg25 :multiple screen features?

Yes, look here. Multimonitor / curved monitor support, view system updates. Also dashboard updates.
Quote from Bob Smith :Aha, now I understand your other comment. You are living in the future. Welcome to the present: http://www.vehicle-analyser.com/skidpan_results.PNG

not sure if this has already been addressed(just started reading this thread), but pulling a G amount in a corner is different from skid pad results. I've pulled about 1G in a 240sx on an autox course where from the factory is only supposed to be capable of .89. Street tires and flat surface, it's a matter of using weight transfer to your advantage.
Can you please explain "using weight transfer to your advantage"?
Quote from AndroidXP :Can you please explain "using weight transfer to your advantage"?

throwing a car into a corner will put more weight onto the wheels that need it. More weight is more grip. While temporary, you can at least pull some extra Gs.

Skid pad tests are done with no weight transfer. Think about when you go into a turn, the outside of the car compresses, weight is transferred. When the car settles (in this case, mid turn) it is back to the limit of the tires, and not really affected by weight transfer(assuming that the surface is flat). I hope that makes more sense. Basically, skid pad results are lower than what a car can actually attain on a meter.
Yup, I've got a crappy little G-Meter thing that uses a water mark to measure "instantaneous-G" (not a rock band), vs "continuous-G"
jaxx751 - :doh:

I'll let Android explain, he has more patience than I.
I was really hoping you would explain, because Android has more patience than you....
Quote from jaxx751 :When the car settles (in this case, mid turn) it is back to the limit of the tires, and not really affected by weight transfer(assuming that the surface is flat).

Are you saying that there is no weight transfer in the middle of a turn? Is your car jet propelled with variable thrust vector?
Quote from Bob Smith :jaxx751 - :doh:

I'll let Android explain, he has more patience than I.

PostWaffle(); for sure. Why don't you please enlighten me?
Quote from w126 :Are you saying that there is no weight transfer in the middle of a turn? Is your car jet propelled with variable thrust vector?

from side to side of the car? no. a constant radius turn would mean that everything is settled.
Quote from jaxx751 :throwing a car into a corner will put more weight onto the wheels that need it. More weight is more grip. While temporary, you can at least pull some extra Gs.

Surely you want more weight on the inside wheels??

Then you get more rubber on the ground and therefore more grip? This is why something like a Ferrari is as stiff as hell - more grip no?
By settled do you mean there is the same normal load on front left and front right wheel for example?
i think he means the load is being relitively constant between the right and left
Quote from J@tko :Surely you want more weight on the inside wheels??

Then you get more rubber on the ground and therefore more grip? This is why something like a Ferrari is as stiff as hell - more grip no?

I'm having a hard time explaining this.

Quote from w126 :By settled do you mean there is the same normal load on front left and front right wheel for example?

by settled I mean the load isn't changing across all four wheels. it's, for all intensive purposes, constant.
Quote from jaxx751 :by settled I mean the load isn't changing across all four wheels. it's, for all intensive purposes, constant.

But that only means that the level of weight transfer or load transfer isn't changing. Not that there is no weigh transfer or load transfer, which are not beneficial during turning due to load sensitivity of tyres.
well technically hes correct since transfer implies transienst behaviour
being constant state has nothing to with why cars will generally have less cornering acceleration on skidpads than on tracks which by and large have positive corner camber
This thread is closed

New Tyre Physics (work in progress)
(1075 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG